News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon

Started by SlowPokemon, June 06, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of these games' announcement?

I'm really excited!
I'm cautiously optimistic.
I'm still undecided.
I think it sounds pretty stupid.
I'm angry about it.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Also I might be getting too picky, but I think Life Orb needs a boost or something. Either increase the damage boost it gives by 5-10%, or decrease the amount of HP it takes per turn. A small change like that wouldn't make it completely unbalanced, but would do loads for offense vs. stall matchups.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

More Ultra Sun & Moon info has been released:
  • A new Ultra Beast Pokemon, UB Adhesive, has been revealed. It's a Poison-type, and in a break from Ultra Beast design convention, it's a cutie that I could easily believe is native to Alola based on looks alone.
  • All of the new Ultra Beasts have Beast Boost. UB Assembly is Rock/Steel. UB Burst is Fire/Ghost. UB Burst has a new attack, "Mind Blown", that rips out 50% of its maximum HP for supposedly massive results.
  • There's a new (villain?) team called the Ultra Recon Squad. Apparently, Necrozma removed the light from their homeland. It's unknown whether they're native to Ultra Space or their homeland got moved to there.
  • Ultra Space is split into several abodes, one each for most old Ultra Beasts. Seems like all we got to see is Nihilego Land back in Pokemon Sun & Moon. IMO, Buzzwole Land looks prettier than Pheromosa's (although both are in broad daylight).
  • The most important land in Ultra Space storyline-wise is the Ultra Megalopolis, the home base of the Ultra Recon Squad and a city that definitely took design cues from Necrozma.

Dudeman

God, FINALLY something to get excited for. Why didn't you show off all this Ultra Space awesomeness earlier, Game Freak? All this time you'd been leading us to believe USUM was going to be a copy-paste repeat of S/M and you've killed all the hype. I wouldn't be surprised if people missed the latest trailer with all this info because they stopped caring about the games months ago.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Totally agree. But is it too late to save the hype train?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Seems like the hype train will continue without 1/3 of its riders. More Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news confirmed today:
  • Necrozma (but possibly only its fused forms) can learn Photon Geyser, an attack which is physical or special depending on whether Necrozma's attack or special attack is higher, respectively. Now that's a type of attack Game Freak has never come up with before. Will it use the physical or special icon in-game?
  • Solgaleo and Dusk Mane Necrozma get access to the Z-Move "Searing Sunraze Smash" (I like the Japanese name, "Sunshine Smasher", better). It's based on Sunsteel Strike and it similarly ignores opposing abilities.
  • Lunala and Dawn Wings Necrozma get access to the Z-Move "Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom" (I like the Japanese name, "Moonlight Blaster", better). It's based on Moongeist Beam and it similarly ignores opposing abilities.
  • You can get free items and the ability to use Z-Moves twice in a battle from your Rotom Dex. Better befriend it, though.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dekkadeci on October 12, 2017, 12:23:32 PMSeems like the hype train will continue without 1/3 of its riders. More Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news confirmed today:
  • Necrozma (but possibly only its fused forms) can learn Photon Geyser, an attack which is physical or special depending on whether Necrozma's attack or special attack is higher, respectively. Now that's a type of attack Game Freak has never come up with before. Will it use the physical or special icon in-game?
  • Solgaleo and Dusk Mane Necrozma get access to the Z-Move "Searing Sunraze Smash" (I like the Japanese name, "Sunshine Smasher", better). It's based on Sunsteel Strike and it similarly ignores opposing abilities.
  • Lunala and Dawn Wings Necrozma get access to the Z-Move "Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom" (I like the Japanese name, "Moonlight Blaster", better). It's based on Moongeist Beam and it similarly ignores opposing abilities.
  • You can get free items and the ability to use Z-Moves twice in a battle from your Rotom Dex. Better befriend it, though.
-Photon Geyser is an awesome name and the effect is super awesome too (imagine a mixed-leaning Physical attacker than can still do massive damage when burned!). Now we just need another move that works the same way, except related to the opponent's defenses!
-I actually like the American names better; the Japanese ones are a little too plain, IMO.
-I don't think the "more than one Z-Move" per battle thing will affect competitive play, but that's still neat, I guess?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 12, 2017, 05:50:47 PM-I actually like the American names better; the Japanese ones are a little too plain, IMO.
I find the American names too long and too extravagant. They sound like they're promoting themselves too hard. I like how concise the Japanese names are.

Dudeman

I mean...this is really, REALLY old news, isn't it?

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Dudeman on October 18, 2017, 10:24:53 PMI mean...this is really, REALLY old news, isn't it?
Yeah, I also thought that interview was rehashing old news--the moment I heard of the Ultra Recon Squad, I thought the storyline would be pretty bulked up.

Glad to see that the English trailer confirms that Guzma's, Gladion's, and Lusamine's paths will be different in the Ultra games from their regular S&M counterparts. It must feel terrible for Gladion and Lillie to lose both their parents (instead of just one) to Ultra Space, though.

The English trailer seems to hype up Necrozma's role as a walking black hole, what with the stories of it absorbing Alola's light and all and being treated as evil. I have a feeling the trailers aren't telling all the stories about Necrozma, though, as there's still a need to explain that Dawn Wings Necrozma form name. The dawn is known to bring light back into the world, unlike Lunala the night-bringer, and I have a strong suspicion that it's Necrozma and not Lunala who's deciding to bring light back as part of Dawn Wings Necrozma.

Dudeman

SlowPokemon

I'm sorry but how the fuck does that not warrant a spoiler tag

Don't get me wrong I'm really happy about this but what the hell :')
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 02, 2017, 04:07:03 PMI'm sorry but how the fuck does that not warrant a spoiler tag
prolly because it's promotional material prior to the game coming out and that's generally not considered a spoiler, excuse me for posting in a public thread about it

LeviR.star

Now I'm starting to wonder what warrants a spoiler tag for anything.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements