News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Which is better: Harry Potter movies or Harry Potter books?

Started by SuperFireKirby, July 14, 2008, 07:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Same thing as the subject.

The Movies
5 (12.5%)
The Books
30 (75%)
They Both Suck
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

PseudoMario16

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on July 25, 2008, 08:41:53 PMwhat pissed me off when J.K. said that dumbledore was gay, was that it actually bothered people. when you read a book, its supposed to be your interpretation of the book. if somebody tells you something about that book, it doesnt have to be true or false
does any body lidten to me???  well, to find my view of her saying dumblegore was gay is there (looks up)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Brawler4Ever

Remember this? "out of sight, out of mind?" J.K.'s act gave us something to talk about after the 7th book came out. Many non-Potter fans were happy to see it gone(no more of "read this book! IT'S NEW!!!!")
With Dumbledore being gay, Harry Potter was kept in our minds. Fans reread the books for evidence to this bizarre "fact." Non-Potter fans had to endure more talk about Harry Potter. more people bought the book because of her act (which means more $).

No, I am not a non-Potter fan. I love the series.
Dumbledore is not gay.
This was all just my opinion.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 29, 2008, 06:15:26 AMRemember this? "out of sight, out of mind?" J.K.'s act gave us something to talk about after the 7th book came out. Many non-Potter fans were happy to see it gone(no more of "read this book! IT'S NEW!!!!")
With Dumbledore being gay, Harry Potter was kept in our minds. Fans reread the books for evidence to this bizarre "fact." Non-Potter fans had to endure more talk about Harry Potter. more people bought the book because of her act (which means more $).

No, I am not a non-Potter fan. I love the series.
Dumbledore is not gay.
This was all just my opinion.

You know I didn't even realize that, but I bet that you're right.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Composer #40

You don't watch the news, do you? It was all over the news when she announced it.

It happens Every. Day!

PseudoMario16

lol NOBODY thinks the movies are better- oh, and check out these things i found out about harry potter movies-

the first movie was originally 6HOURS LONG!!! obviously too long, so they shortened it by about half.
the first movie is the longest movie, but the shortest book
and vice versa with the fifth movie- its the longest book, but the shortest movie

random_goldfish

I think it's ridiculous the news made a big deal about J.K. Rowling's announcement that Dumbledore was gay. Good readers have to know more then vocabulary and have the ability to recongnize symbolism and theme. They have to interpret the book themselves and individually from everyone else , that's what good readers do, without the author budding in. If Dumbledore was gay it would have been well known throughout the text of the book. There is no evidence that he was gay and it's not a vital piece of information that changes the story. If J.K Rowling wanted to make it a big deal it would have been stated clearly in her series. So I think it's madness.

And for the record...I've never seen the movies.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

PseudoMario16

Quote from: random_goldfish on July 30, 2008, 09:50:48 PMI think it's ridiculous the news made a big deal about J.K. Rowling's announcement that Dumbledore was gay. Good readers have to know more then vocabulary and have the ability to recongnize symbolism and theme. They have to interpret the book themselves and individually from everyone else , that's what good readers do, without the author budding in. If Dumbledore was gay it would have been well known throughout the text of the book. There is no evidence that he was gay and it's not a vital piece of information that changes the story. If J.K Rowling wanted to make it a big deal it would have been stated clearly in her series. So I think it's madness.

And for the record...I've never seen the movies.
if u enjoy the books, u shouldnt see the movies

random_goldfish

I NEVER see movies based on books. I'm such a hardcore reader that I don't want to take my chances. My sister managed to drag me to see Eragon and I couldn't get my brain to stop bleeding.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: random_goldfish on July 30, 2008, 10:01:46 PMI NEVER see movies based on books. I'm such a hardcore reader that I don't want to take my chances. My sister managed to drag me to see Eragon and I couldn't get my brain to stop bleeding.

Eragon was stupid..except the music. It had a cool soundtrack.

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on July 30, 2008, 09:37:25 PMlol NOBODY thinks the movies are better- oh, and check out these things i found out about harry potter movies-

the first movie was originally 6HOURS LONG!!! obviously too long, so they shortened it by about half.
the first movie is the longest movie, but the shortest book
and vice versa with the fifth movie- its the longest book, but the shortest movie

They're learning.  :P

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: random_goldfish on July 30, 2008, 10:01:46 PMI NEVER see movies based on books. I'm such a hardcore reader that I don't want to take my chances. My sister managed to drag me to see Eragon and I couldn't get my brain to stop bleeding.

Super Spoiler Warning!

Just skip through this message as fast as you can if you don't want any Eragon spoilers.

Holy shit that movie was screwed up! The Razac die in the first movie though not in the first book. THEY ARE HUGE CHARACTERS IN THE SECOND BOOK AND THEY ARE STILL NOT DEAD! Brom gets killed by the Razac, not Durza. Roran goes away to become a blacksmith apprentice not because he can be recruited.( By the way, these are all comparisons between the movie and book.) They forgot to put the giant Ruby in Tronjheim in the movie.They never even went to  Teirm in the movie which took up a good portion of the book! The books were great the movie sucked balls.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brawler4Ever

SuperFireKirby

Forgot to put it in there. I just assumed everyone read it. ::)

Gooch

Yeah, the movie of Eragon was probably the worst Movie-Book comparison ever. I truly hated it. I also loved how they never even went into the desert in the movie but it was like 5 chapters in the book. (btw, i dont remember the names of the places) but they also didn't put in the place with the extremely harsh winds that like ripped Saphira's wings. Its all just totally off.

PseudoMario16

sell, i didnt read eragon, but i definatly hated the movie, soooo....