News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Metroid title theme-it's wrong

Started by Olimar12345, July 15, 2008, 07:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

i don't really like to complain, but something has to be done about this.
the origional metroid title theme's bass line gets off really bad from measure 18-41(no offense 2 whose it is)and theres a measure missing between 37 and 38! how this was overlooked and submitted is beyond me...
http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/sheetmusic.php?franchise=Metroid
i've been working on this for a while and this shows how it's supose to sound
http://www.mediafire.com/?mm051m4tg33
as a big metroid fan, i couldnt just let this go-something needs to be done about this
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

pumpy_heart

Dude...that just got uploaded.
No offense, but checking out submissions more might have prevented this.

Olimar12345

what really blows me away is the entire measure missing between 37 and 38! how do you overlook something that drastic?!?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Palagerini

the bass sounds perfectly fine to me... and i have the game for VC... i'm checking the missing measures now...

edit: ok i listened to your version and there's a couple things wroung with yours... first of all the base in the beginnig is real off.. it's suppose to be like a bell note... and the extra note in the chord really doesn't help much... the quarter note at the end and the 8th rest doens't fit at all... i don't much care for the 8va in the treble part... it doesn't sound bad or anything... base in the 2nd part sounds a little wierd... just for the first couple of measures... alright i'll admit... i do kinda like your treble switch after the 4 note up thing... and then at the end you'll know that it plays 8 times I.E. 4 times and a repeat... 2 times and that wierd hold at the end doesn't sound like teh actual song... u can submit it but to me there's not much difference except the few measures of 2 treble cleffs... oh and the 8th notes at measure 31 don't really fit in... it sounds like a quarter pickup instead of 2 8ths...
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Olimar12345

i'm not talking about the beginning, and i wasn't really planning to submit this song anyway-its 17 through 42 i wanted to fix on yours. here, listen to this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp96K7733qw
at around 0:44 is what im talking about-if u listen closely, u should be able to make out 3 separate parts. theres the high quarter notes, the sustaning whole notes, and the moving part-which sounds weird on yours.

Palagerini

hm.... i think i'll just submit a revision of my own song... there's a part u didn't metion in the last part which in my song is just doubling the treble... i couldn't here the thing that u were talking about... treble,bass... and drums were all i heard... if u don't mind i'd rather do what u did and make the bass treble and then fix the ending with some of my own work..

P.S. how did u make those red notes? i have finale printmusic demo right now...
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Olimar12345

to make diferent color notes, go to the bottom left-hand corner-u should see little boxed numbers 1234
1=black(regular)
2=red
3=green
4=blue-but no one ever needs a 4th one...

plus, ure free to use my title theme arrangement to help :)

The-Real-Link

Quote from: olimar12345 on July 17, 2008, 08:01:06 AMto make diferent color notes, go to the bottom left-hand corner-u should see little boxed numbers 1234
1=black(regular)
2=red
3=green
4=blue-but no one ever needs a 4th one...

plus, ure free to use my title theme arrangement to help :)
Actually. A 4th layer is used a lot in orchestral scores and vocal scores. Not a lot in piano though. You occasionally see it in a fugue or something, but other than that, not a lot.