News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

twg xcv: nothing special

Started by Olimar12345, August 28, 2017, 10:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

You seem awfully dead set on a Brainy lynch, @BDS, jeez! Granted, he did make the particularly stupid move of asking about the wolves?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

@everything else I mentioned

I mean, it's not like it was just a one-time thing or something.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 01, 2017, 02:15:15 PMBrainy, to (what should be), the surprise of no one.

Okay, now this strikes me as very strange. Up until now Noc and I have read Brainy as almost entirely town, with the exception of his dumbtells. Granted, said dumbtells do seem rather suspicious, but Noc has stated in this topic that the town should be moving forward believing him to be human, while I've expressed a similar opinion. And yet, after all that, you vote for Brainy as if it's already public knowledge that he must be a wolf, and assume that we won't question it--worse yet, with absolutely no reasoning or explanation to back up your vote. What exactly is the basis for this?

Secondly, now that I'm back on my computer, I have a chatlog between Noc and I to post from yesterday. The one part I want to make clear is Noc's first message to me:

[1:17 PM] diechael: If I rip tonight, which is what I suspect will happen, I want you to copy paste me right here saying I think the wolves are BDS e gadd

Based on our discussion as well as my reads and re-reads in the topic, I'm very much inclined to agree that BDS + E. Gadd being the wolves is the most likely possibility. I've read Brainy as human, as already mentioned, and Tras has given me no reason to believe him/her to be a wolf at the moment, while both BDS and E. Gadd have. I'm sure I'll be asked about this, so (hopefully) later today I'll come back and gather some evidence from the topic and the chat to summarize the arguments and reads I've made so far.

Chat Log
[1:17 PM] diechael: If I rip tonight, which is what I suspect will happen, I want you to copy paste me right here saying I think the wolves are BDS e gadd
[1:18 PM] diechael: I'm going to blindly trust that you're town because of your post on d1
[1:23 PM] mastersuperfan: oh you're fucking kidding me THC was human
[1:24 PM] mastersuperfan: what a terrible player
[1:24 PM] diechael: He'll get better
[1:24 PM] mastersuperfan: I should hope so
[1:25 PM] mastersuperfan: anyways sure, I can do that
[1:25 PM] diechael: I think it's more likely brainy dies, but if BDS really is a wolf
[1:25 PM] diechael: I think he's going to try killing the best players
[1:25 PM] mastersuperfan: that's true
[1:25 PM] diechael: So hopefully he tragically underestimates me
[1:26 PM] mastersuperfan: but yeah Brainy imo seems to be the most human by far so I imagine he's gonna be the one to go
[1:27 PM] mastersuperfan: I really don't know what I expected from THC tbh though
[5:01 PM] diechael: If the wolves underestimate me and kill me it's pretty telling as to who the wolves are
[5:01 PM] diechael: Sent this to brainy
[5:01 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah I was wondering if you'd sent it to him too :P
[5:01 PM] diechael: Gonna add to you that BDS is the most likely person to kill me as well
[5:01 PM] mastersuperfan: so you say that the wolves would most likely be BDS and E. Gadd if you're killed
[5:02 PM] mastersuperfan: is that right?
[5:02 PM] diechael: Well not necessarily e gadd
[5:02 PM] diechael: But BDS absolutely
[5:02 PM] mastersuperfan: the only other candidate besides us three is Trasdegi, anyways
[5:02 PM] diechael: In fact I think I'm scum reading BDS more than e gadd atm
[5:02 PM] diechael: And what would be really cool is if we could get BDS first
[5:03 PM] mastersuperfan: what I townread BDS off was certainly very weak evidence I'ma reread what he's said to see if I can get a stronger read
[5:03 PM] diechael: But I think more people have e gadd as suspicious
[5:03 PM] mastersuperfan: I did get a rather wolfy impression skimming his posts yesterday
[5:03 PM] diechael: I'm meta reading bds
[5:03 PM] mastersuperfan: the more recent ones
[5:03 PM] diechael: If I live through the night definitely gonna put him under fire
[5:03 PM] mastersuperfan: "yeah

but what if we get rid of one wolf against the humans
what then, wolf
neener neener"

lol I have no clue what to think of this
[5:04 PM] diechael: He's being silly and not serious
[5:04 PM] diechael: Metagame call
[5:05 PM] diechael: Maybe I'm being paranoid but for the first time ever I think I'm gonna be wolfkilled
[5:05 PM] mastersuperfan: it'd be an accomplishment, at least
[5:05 PM] diechael: Dying typically not a great accomplishment
[5:05 PM] diechael: I think games should start on day phases tbh
[5:05 PM] diechael: So that people get to play longer
[5:06 PM] mastersuperfan: in a vanilla game starting on night phase certainly feels a little odd
[5:06 PM] mastersuperfan: I guess if there's enough conversation during the night that you can get some info out of the first wolf target then it could work but that didn't really happen here
[5:07 PM] diechael: Well I got info out of the nightkill
[5:07 PM] diechael: Davy is considered the best player
[5:07 PM] mastersuperfan: oh, that's true
[5:07 PM] mastersuperfan: didn't even think about that, actually
[5:07 PM] diechael: I consider myself slightly worse than him
[5:08 PM] diechael: But not everyone thinks I'm that great
[5:08 PM] mastersuperfan: who else here as played with Davy?
[5:08 PM] mastersuperfan: has*
[5:08 PM] diechael: There are a few players who would underestimate me
[5:08 PM] diechael: So tonight's kill is even more telling
[5:08 PM] diechael: Let's see, brainy, me, bds
[5:09 PM] diechael: And e gadd
[5:09 PM] mastersuperfan: hmm
[5:09 PM] mastersuperfan: all right well for starters I think that makes it less likely that E. Gadd + Tras are the wolves together
[5:09 PM] mastersuperfan: because from what we've seen E. Gadd usually just follows along
[5:09 PM] diechael: ^^
[5:10 PM] mastersuperfan: but it's still possible, he could've just made the decision because he was intimidated by Davy
[5:10 PM] mastersuperfan: but BDS + E. Gadd/Tras would make a lot of sense
[5:10 PM] diechael: BDS e gadd is my strongest suspicion, as I've said
[5:10 PM] mastersuperfan: because BDS would be more confident about going for Davy, I bet
[5:10 PM] diechael: Yeah these are kills I can see him making
[5:11 PM] diechael: Which reminds me, I need to add a theory section about confirmation bias
[5:12 PM] diechael: These meaning Davy into me
[5:12 PM] diechael: Davy into you makes BDS look less likely imo
[5:13 PM] diechael: Looked at that and was like that's weird wording
[5:13 PM] mastersuperfan: you're more suspicious of both BDS and E. Gadd than I am
[5:13 PM] mastersuperfan: so Davy into me... would confuse me a little, actually
[5:14 PM] mastersuperfan: unless one of them/both of them are trying not to draw suspicion by not killing you, the one who suspects them
[5:15 PM] diechael: Yeah that's why it would be weird
[5:15 PM] diechael: Idk who it would incriminate but not bds
[5:16 PM] diechael: Davy into brainy could still be BDS
[5:16 PM] diechael: But at that point I'm more likely to advocate e gadd first
[5:19 PM] diechael: Man I hate this part
[5:19 PM] diechael: Wolves have probably already selected their kill and we gotta twiddle our thumbs for 12 hours
[5:20 PM] mastersuperfan: I mean I'm sure you can do other things during those 12 hours :P
[5:20 PM] diechael: Yeah but playing twg gives me a lot of anxious energy

[long discussion about TWG vs. IRL mafia vs. Town of Salem vs. EpicMafia cut out for your reading convenience]
[close]

There's further discussion that occurred earlier this morning but I want to withhold it until I see more activity during the day phase.

I will not vote for the moment, but I find it hard to see myself voting anyone besides BDS or E. Gadd, unless my opinion of Brainy and/or Tras changes drastically during this day phase. I'll make my decision when I make further reads off posts made this day phase or if other players express suspicion towards one of the two.

One more note: I'm going to be significantly less active starting tomorrow (Saturday) morning until Monday afternoon because I'll be going on a trip.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 01, 2017, 04:45:21 PMAnd yet, after all that, you vote for Brainy as if it's already public knowledge that he must be a wolf, and assume that we won't question it--worse yet, with absolutely no reasoning or explanation to back up your vote. What exactly is the basis for this?
bruh

What I meant by that was that it shouldn't surprise anybody that I am voting for Brainy, given my whole post last phase. Did you (somehow) miss that?

QuoteI'm very much inclined to agree that BDS + E. Gadd being the wolves is the most likely possibility
bruh

1: Just in case you missed that too, my "most likely wolf pairing" is Brainy/E. Gadd.
2: E. Gadd disagrees with the Brainy lynch. I don't think that would be a smart move at all if he were my partner.
3: The only aspect of E. Gadd and I as partners that might make sense is the THC lynch... which, IMO, has the same/similar logic working out better with Brainy/E. Gadd.

QuoteNoc and I have read Brainy as almost entirely town, with the exception of his dumbtells
so basically you think he isn't suspicious except for the exact thing that makes him suspicious

bruh

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 01, 2017, 04:45:21 PMOne more note: I'm going to be significantly less active starting tomorrow (Saturday) morning until Monday afternoon because I'll be going on a trip.
Msf is a wolf. But my suspicions atm are on BDS and Brainy both, more so BDS, and that's why I disagree with BDS's proposed lynch wagon. It just seems extremely suddenly precipitated all of a sudden, as if everyone was trusting him and then BAM, BDS is over here like "I THINK HE IS WOLF, KILL HIM NAO."
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 01, 2017, 05:00:00 PMDid you (somehow) miss that?

Fuck, I actually did. I slept before the post yesterday and totally forgot to read the whole page when I went to see who was wolfed this morning.

So you can probably ignore that post up there, because Brainy's recent posts seem especially wolfy:

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 01, 2017, 08:55:40 AMi honestly hope I die tonight so you'll stop heckling me over a stupid mistake
Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 01, 2017, 09:27:47 AMWe get it..you think I'm suspicious. How many ways are you going to say it? And I meant that the wolves would probably pick one of the most helpful people to wolf.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 01, 2017, 05:00:00 PMso basically you think he isn't suspicious except for the exact thing that makes him suspicious

What I meant was that all of Brainy's other posts were very much town, moreso than those dumbtells made him seem wolfy, but that's kind of out the window with those two posts I just quoted up there

I'm still not 100% convinced that Brainy is a wolf or that BDS is a human, but it looks like what we can agree on now is that E. Gadd is most likely a wolf? I'd like to see Brainy post some more before I make a decision

ninja'd by E'ggd
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Actually between Brainy and BDS I don't even know at this point, I'll just wait for more posts

E. Gadd Industries

The beautiful thing here is that you guys are soooo entrenched in your belief that I'm a wolf that I literally have the power to kill one of two people simply by a vote, because then you'd be like "WHOA, THE PERSON HE DIDNT VOTE FOR IS OBVIOUSLY HIS PARTNER". Or, in posting this, you could try and pull some mad reverse psychology to undo the reverse psychology you think I'm trying to pull. In other words, I bet this whole game will end in wolf victory no matter which way we turn because no matter where we turn it'll always end in me screwing everyone up with a HUGE surprise that no one would've ever imagined possible.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

I'm particularly salty (huh, I guess this is how Noc must feel playing the game), yes.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

E. Gadd, to be fair, I honestly don't think you're too Wolfy, otherwise I would never have voted for THC at all. BDS on the other hand is clearly a wolf. He's not only downright directly trying to bandwagon me, he's also pointing out stupid things that I have a knack for doing each game. Name one game where I haven't done something stupid, go on! I'm WAITING
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

There is the issue, though, that you're also causing people to think it's me + you as the wolves.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 01, 2017, 07:36:53 PMThere is the issue, though, that you're also causing people to think it's me + you as the wolves.
I have my opinions, they have theirs. If you always go along With everyone else, then how will you ever know to trust your own judgement. That's my philosophy right now.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

Well, in the spirit of following one's one philosophy, my vote is cast against BDS.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 01, 2017, 07:36:53 PMThere is the issue, though, that you're also causing people to think it's me + you as the wolves.
::)

You were saying...?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber