News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

twg xcv: nothing special postgame

Started by Olimar12345, September 02, 2017, 11:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

twg xcv: nothing special - post game

congrats wolves you guys win

2 wolves, 6 humans. the wolves killed one player per night via pm and everybody voted lynches during the day. this game had cardflips.

players/roles

1. Trasdegi
2. BlackDragonSlayer
3. davy
4. NocturneOfShadow
5. E. Gadd Industries
6. BrainyLucario
7. ThatHiddenCharacter
8. mastersuperfan

phase by phase actions:

night 1: davy is wolf'd

day 1: ThatHiddenCharacter is insta'd.

night 2: NocturneOfShadow is wolf'd

day 2: BrainyLucario is insta'd.

night 3: this phase didn't exist

player analysis

Trasdegi and BlackDragonSlayer you guys played pretty good but it was nothing special. davy you died fast rip. NocturneOfShadow you lived longer go you. E. Gadd Industries and BrainyLucario did you guys learn anything from playing a vanilla game? ThatHiddenCharacter and mastersuperfan gg guys.

awards:

the "i win" awards go to Trasdegi and BlackDragonSlayer. congrats wolves you guys win.

the "i lose" awards go to davy, NocturneOfShadow, E. Gadd Industries, BrainyLucario, ThatHiddenCharacter, and mastersuperfan. congrats humans you guys lose.

the "noc death (aka day 1 insta)" award goes to ThatHiddenCharacter. congrats on that woo go you.

the "i cost everyone the game" award goes to mastersuperfan. don't feel bad though, you helped others win so

the "overachiever" award goes to BlackDragonSlayer for trying to wolf E. Gadd Industries after the game was supposed to have ended:

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 02, 2017, 10:45:42 AMWolf E. Gadd, I guess?

and finally, winner of the "nothing specialâ„¢" award is davy for not capitalizing things the most. way to go, you.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

tfw when you metaread BDS like a champ but you screw up and still want to go for E Gadd
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

E. Gadd you didn't betray my trust!! Thank you!!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Trasdegi

Here's what happened in my mind with that insta:I posted the "don't insta", just after I remembered than bds already voted, so counted again how much players were left to be sure to win and it was 19 seconds too late....

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 02, 2017, 11:03:11 AMtfw when you metaread BDS like a champ but you screw up and still want to go for E Gadd
No you didn't. Me being less active and posting like I did was completely separate from the fact I was a wolf. I told you, I've done the exact same thing as a human before and been called out as a wolf for it.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Congratz, BDS & Tras!

And @Olimar, I did learn something: NEVER SAY YOU'RE BUSY IN A TWG GAME BECAUSE THEN YOULL BE MISREAD BY EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 02, 2017, 11:12:53 AMNo you didn't. Me being less active and posting like I did was completely separate from the fact I was a wolf. I told you, I've done the exact same thing as a human before and been called out as a wolf for it.
your activity had nothing to do with it

like apparently you don't realize this but there's a notable difference in tone between wolf and human for you
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 02, 2017, 11:43:49 AMyour activity had nothing to do with it

like apparently you don't realize this but there's a notable difference in tone between wolf and human for you
Again, I have done the exact same thing before as a human and been called out as a wolf.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

This was fun to watch. When I got wolf'd night 1 I immediately suspected that either BDS or Noc was one of the wolves because they would be most aware of the manti rule (Brainy or E. Gadd could have done it as well, but I doubted it). I'm pretty sure noc knew that as well, which is why he told MSF that BDS was most likely a wolf if he died. The fact that Noct was wolf'd after me made me very suspicious of BDS, and I applaud humans for not letting BDS steamroll the rest of the players after he got rid of the more experienced players (since players did let that happen last time that BDS was a wolf). Trasdegi got a little bit too eager with his wolf rush, and MSF should have realised that he was making an obvious wolf vote, and I feel like MSF should have tried to convince E. Gadd and Brainy to vote for Tras. THC, I hope you enjoyed the game despite being lynched day one. Day one lynches are usually not the best lynches and if you are human, it can really suck to be the first to get lynched.

Overal I was surprised how close humans came to victory, since I felt this game was a little wolf-sided, so good job humans.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

ThatHiddenCharacter

I'm not mad. I did act very suspicious. It's just in my nature. I act very suspicious when I'm under a lot of pressure, even if I'm not whatever people are thinking I am. But that was a very fun game and fun to watch after I died, too.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on September 02, 2017, 02:11:31 PMThis was fun to watch. When I got wolf'd night 1 I immediately suspected that either BDS or Noc was one of the wolves because they would be most aware of the manti rule (Brainy or E. Gadd could have done it as well, but I doubted it). I'm pretty sure noc knew that as well, which is why he told MSF that BDS was most likely a wolf if he died.
I did not choose the final Night 1 wolfing (and, in fact, would've probably forgotten to send one in if it weren't for Tras; yes, I actually was busy, surprise surprise). I offered Tras the choice between you, Noc, and E. Gadd, and he chose you. It's my (patented? I'm one of the only people I know who expressly does that strategy on a regular basis) method of rendering the "Well player X obviously would've been the only person to choose player Z for the wolfing!" logic that I hate, moot (though do people really care?). Half the time, that type of reasoning doesn't even make any sense anyway.

QuoteThe fact that Noct was wolf'd after me made me very suspicious of BDS, and I applaud humans for not letting BDS steamroll the rest of the players after he got rid of the more experienced players (since players did let that happen last time that BDS was a wolf).
Noc was the only obvious wolfing; if we had wolfed anybody but Noc, that would mean we would've had to deal with an illogical wildcard who could've just as easily gone against us or with us despite any and all available reasoning one would expect from the "average" player in a similar position. I had wanted to get a Day 1 Noc lynch going, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. The only person I considered wolfing was MSF, but I trusted that whatever MSF did, he'd at least go about it semi-logically. Both Brainy and E. Gadd didn't really present themselves in a favorable light together, especially during that last phase. If everything went completely wrong Day 1 (I mean like, imagine the worst case scenario for the wolves), my strategy would've been to bus Tras. Sorry!

Also, yeah, that has happened at least once before. IIRC, that might've been the game where I convinced Brainy to vote for the person I wanted him to even though it was painfully obvious I was the wolf at that point. Sooo...

QuoteTrasdegi got a little bit too eager with his wolf rush
I don't think he was eager enough, actually. :P I probably should've PM'd him saying something like "As soon as MSF votes, vote for Brainy!" but I was fairly busy, and I forgot.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 02, 2017, 02:47:01 PMI did not choose the final Night 1 wolfing (and, in fact, would've probably forgotten to send one in if it weren't for Tras; yes, I actually was busy, surprise surprise). I offered Tras the choice between you, Noc, and E. Gadd, and he chose you. It's my (patented? I'm one of the only people I know who expressly does that strategy on a regular basis) method of rendering the "Well player X obviously would've been the only person to choose player Z for the wolfing!" logic that I hate, moot (though do people really care?). Half the time, that type of reasoning doesn't even make any sense anyway.

I think it is a bad think to render logic based on the wolfing moot. Just like voting patterns, it is far from an absolute way of determining who is a wolf, it is also far from useless to get an idea of who the wolves might be. Even in your list of wolf targets, you left out the three newest human players, and had Tras chosen to wolf Noct, I would also be suspicious of you. Could you tell me what your reasoning was for chosing these three players as potential night 1 wolf targets?

I have to say though, I wouldn't expect Tras to choose me out of that list, he hasn't even played a game with me before. Trasdegi, what was your reason for wolfing me night 1 over noct or E. Gadd?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BlackDragonSlayer

@Davy (can't isolate quotes right now)

See, that's exactly my point. Most of the times, analyzing the Night 1 wolfing boils down to pure speculation. You said you would have been just as suspicious had Noc been the target, but that wouldn't make any sense, both for the fact I already mentioned (responsibility for the wolfing does not fall on me alone), and the fact that, unless you've observed that a certain player literally refuses to wolf a certain player (IIRC, something Mashi and a few of the LLF veterans do), that leave any wolfing open to any player, except in very, very specific circumstances (especially because it's rare that one wolf is making the decision alone). Otherwise, your logic doesn't really make any sense at all.

I don't exactly remember the exact reasons I chose you three, but maybe because it was that I figured you three would probably never be lynched or something? I don't know.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber