Super Smash Bros Brawl

Started by pumpy_heart, February 22, 2008, 10:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

I'm pretty sure Sakarai said in an interview that no other third party characters even asked to be in Brawl...
So...I'm pretty sure Sora is out.

blah54

the full roster is known already... no characters are available through dl or other means...

Quote from: pumpy_heart on February 23, 2008, 01:34:48 PMI might have to postpone it...I bought a car instead.
But has everyone seen the list of Assist Trophies, Items, and Pokemon? They are decent I think.

the list of assist trophies is pretty poor if you ask me... they could have probably added a few more...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

razer84

the ATs are okay...
and i really didn't want any other third party characters, so...

damn commies.

pumpy_heart

We know the character roster for Japan.
There is a very strong rumor going around that Roy and Mewtwo will be included in Brawl for US.
I'll try to find a link, but the guy who stated this to begin with also released brawl info such as AT before anyone else did. Plus he has leaked for other games.
I wouldn't count out any characters except 3rd party ones for the US. And Pichu. It was said that Pichu was never talked about for consideration for Brawl.

Shiny Boy

It would sure be nice if they expanded the Assist Trophy and Pokemon collection for the US release. That and maybe a few characters. I mean, what's their excuse for such a long delay between Japan and US releases?
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

blah54

Quote from: pumpy_heart on February 23, 2008, 03:59:24 PMWe know the character roster for Japan.
There is a very strong rumor going around that Roy and Mewtwo will be included in Brawl for US.
I'll try to find a link, but the guy who stated this to begin with also released brawl info such as AT before anyone else did. Plus he has leaked for other games.
I wouldn't count out any characters except 3rd party ones for the US. And Pichu. It was said that Pichu was never talked about for consideration for Brawl.

are you talking about tfox? he apparently leaked advance wars days of ruin info and apparently had a source that roy and mewtwo were in the game... some people also think that ike and lucario will just get palette switches to roy and mewtwo...

however, most people don't believe this because why, WHY would america get characters that japan would not? it could work out, but it seems pretty odd...

and i believe the excuse for the delay was to translate, make enough copies to satisfy pre-orders and have it on the shelves on release day...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

pumpy_heart

Translation makes the most sense for the change of time.
Palette switches would work...A little lame, but it would work. Lucario is a little similar to Mewtwo. And Roy is very similar to Ike, so palette switches would work.

Shiny Boy

Hadn't thought of that, blah54. I guess it's true that they weren't able to fulfill all the pre-orders in Japan. I heard the release "snuck up" on Nintendo.

razer84

i seriously doubt that the US version will be any different than the Japanese version, except for the translations.

EDIT: i'm the first non-newbie!!!! w00tage!

damn commies.

Shiny Boy

Yeah, you're probably right. But the only people that need translation from the Japanese version are Pit and Sonic.
However. It would be nice if Ike didn't sound like he was talking through peanut-butter on his FS. "Graayy! Ayytaahh!"
Lucas and Ness could use some brushing-up on the FS vocals.

razer84

yeah, Ness sounds like he's saying "pe-ay saarstore!"

damn commies.

Shiny Boy

Actually, Ness sounded ok, except the voice was disembodied. But. MAJOR emphasis on the wrong syllable.

The Mindzeye

There is no possibility of Roy and Mewtwo being in Brawl because all the versions have to be compatible with each other online.

Shiny Boy

Should have thought of that.
But why are there FEWER Assist Trophies than there are characters? Same with Pokemon. Both are probably pretty easy to program, so I don't see why they stopped with what they have.

pumpy_heart

Just to note, Pokemon D/P was the first game compatible online for all countries.
I don't think American/European Brawl has to work with Japanese versions...