News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GCN] Mario Party 6 - "Night Duel" by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, October 16, 2018, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario Party 6
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Night Duel
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

JDMEK5

Hey hey now that's a great looking score you've got there! So much so in fact that I only really have one thing I think to say about aesthetics:\

- You've got so much free space at the bottom part of the page, why not use some of it? Space out your staves a little more vertically for more breathing space. A small thing but it'll go a long way.
- Nice job with dynamics
- Very good thinking with those courtesy accidentals!

Unfortunately my current environment won't allow me to take a listen for pitch accuracy but that will come later. For now, great work!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

NineLives

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 17, 2018, 10:48:27 AMHey hey now that's a great looking score you've got there! So much so in fact that I only really have one thing I think to say about aesthetics:

- You've got so much free space at the bottom part of the page, why not use some of it? Space out your staves a little more vertically for more breathing space. A small thing but it'll go a long way.
- Nice job with dynamics
- Very good thinking with those courtesy accidentals!

I'm glad you like it! I can't take all the credit though. E Gadd Industries helped me out with the dynamics. I'll see what I can do about the free space however. Thanks for the suggestion!

InsigTurtle

There's some collisions with accidentals and articulations in m.5-6 that you can just tweak a bit.

I'm hearing the opening as G#-A-E#-F#-C#-B#, and that chord as something like E-G#-B#-C#

For m.5, you can slur the B# to the C#

Places like m.7, m.9, you could fill out the left hand with the chords that play on beats 2 and 4

NineLives

Quote from: InsigTurtle on December 02, 2018, 09:40:20 PMThere's some collisions with accidentals and articulations in m.5-6 that you can just tweak a bit.

I'm hearing the opening as G#-A-E#-F#-C#-B#, and that chord as something like E-G#-B#-C#

For m.5, you can slur the B# to the C#

Places like m.7, m.9, you could fill out the left hand with the chords that play on beats 2 and 4
I believe I fixed most of the things you mentioned.

Latios212

Most? What of the rest?

That aside, this sheet needed some formatting fixes so I went ahead and did that for you since you have Notepad. Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ez65m54e2l1uti/Night%20Duel.mus?dl=0

I updated the layout with proper formatting and some visual fixes, like adjusting the position of dynamics and articulation to be properly aligned with notes and note overlapping anything. I also went through the right hand and fixed a few wrong notes in m. 4 and m. 11 - compare with what you currently have. Also fixed a few accidentals, most notably some C naturals --> B sharps.

Now I started going through the left hand and this needs a bit of work. There are some wrong notes, and the bass movement isn't well captured in places like m. 7 and 9, where it drops below the F#. Take another pass and see what you can fix, and don't hesitate to ask for help if you run into problems.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Quote from: Latios212 on December 08, 2018, 10:41:29 PMI updated the layout with proper formatting and some visual fixes, like adjusting the position of dynamics and articulation to be properly aligned with notes and note overlapping anything. I also went through the right hand and fixed a few wrong notes in m. 4 and m. 11 - compare with what you currently have. Also fixed a few accidentals, most notably some C naturals --> B sharps.

Now I started going through the left hand and this needs a bit of work. There are some wrong notes, and the bass movement isn't well captured in places like m. 7 and 9, where it drops below the F#. Take another pass and see what you can fix, and don't hesitate to ask for help if you run into problems.
Thanks for the formatting fixes and some of the wrong notes. I added more to the left hand where I thought more notes were needed, like in measures 7 and 9, like you mentioned. I'm not sure what help is needed besides just looking it over again and taking suggestions, but I may think of something sooner or later. Thanks again.

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on December 08, 2018, 10:41:29 PMNow I started going through the left hand and this needs a bit of work. There are some wrong notes, and the bass movement isn't well captured in places like m. 7 and 9, where it drops below the F#. Take another pass and see what you can fix, and don't hesitate to ask for help if you run into problems.

So I took the liberty to fix up the left hand for you, pretty much everywhere.  If you have any questions about anything I changed (I didn't alter anything other than the left hand) be sure to ask.  I'd tried to keep it as close to how you'd written it originally while making it more accurately follow the bass line.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkmqnov58mb6w0x/Mario%20Party%206%20-%20Night%20Duel%20%28Libera%20Edit%29.musx?dl=1

Hope that helps!

NineLives

Quote from: Libera on December 14, 2018, 04:06:17 PMSo I took the liberty to fix up the left hand for you, pretty much everywhere.  If you have any questions about anything I changed (I didn't alter anything other than the left hand) be sure to ask.  I'd tried to keep it as close to how you'd written it originally while making it more accurately follow the bass line.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkmqnov58mb6w0x/Mario%20Party%206%20-%20Night%20Duel%20%28Libera%20Edit%29.musx?dl=1

Hope that helps!
I hope it does too, but um... may I get a regular .mus file? I'm unable to load the .musx with my Finale NotePad program.

Libera

NineLives

Latios212

Looks good now! Last thing is I'd recommend making the last Fn in m. 10 E# instead. Then we're all set.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Quote from: Latios212 on December 15, 2018, 10:44:25 AMLooks good now! Last thing is I'd recommend making the last Fn in m. 10 E# instead. Then we're all set.
Got it! Done.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle