Series: Super Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Rogueport
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Man, this is a really solid sheet. Not really finding anything wrong here, just a few things:
- Is there a reason why you switched to Bm at m. 31 instead of m. 39?
- I'd suggest notating the two layers in beat 1 of m. 10 as usual, with the octaves beamed upwards and quarter rest below - the layers are intact and forcibly stemmed up/down elsewhere in this part.
- Give the beat 3 tremolo in m. 22 a bit more room for the lines to be longer.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Why not have the last two notes in the RH of m14? I would also remove the first in the RH of m15 (even if it is technically there, I find that it sounds out of place compared to how I hear the original).

For the rest of the sheet being scaled so small, the measure numbers are abnormally large.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 09:10:17 AM- Is there a reason why you switched to Bm at m. 31 instead of m. 39?
This is a really theoretical kind of question that I find hard to answer without being like "that's just how I heard it" lol. After the previous E minor section, m31 felt like the iv chord of B minor to me, especially when the chord shifts to B minor at m39. It shifts back to an Em chord later at m47 too, and I hear that section the same way as I do for m31.

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 09:10:17 AM- I'd suggest notating the two layers in beat 1 of m. 10 as usual, with the octaves beamed upwards and quarter rest below - the layers are intact and forcibly stemmed up/down elsewhere in this part.
- Give the beat 3 tremolo in m. 22 a bit more room for the lines to be longer.
Done. I unhid the half rest in m5 too for consistency since I stemmed layer 1 upwards there too.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 03, 2018, 09:18:58 PMWhy not have the last two notes in the RH of m14?
Because I forgot to add them for some reason lol. They're there now.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 03, 2018, 09:18:58 PMI would also remove the first in the RH of m15 (even if it is technically there, I find that it sounds out of place compared to how I hear the original).
Nope, they're not there, I don't know why I added those. They're gone now.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 03, 2018, 09:18:58 PMFor the rest of the sheet being scaled so small, the measure numbers are abnormally large.
I felt that leaving the measure numbers the same size when I scaled the sheet made them harder to read because they're so small. I wanted them to be bigger, but not bigger than rehearsal markings, so that's what I did.

Also, I made m28 RH beat 4 staccato like in the original; I had it as tenuto before.

Brassman388

I have no major complaints other than....

I don't see the need for rehearsal marks only because it's just the one piano player, but...

That could just be a thing from a performance standpoint rather than a teaching one? Like, maybe if someone was getting lessons and they were to use this sheet and the rehearsal marks make it easier for a student to follow along?

Like I said, a very small thing. Other than that I don't hear or see anything too funky from reading it once.

Static

Quote from: Brassman388 on November 10, 2018, 08:04:28 PMLike, maybe if someone was getting lessons and they were to use this sheet and the rehearsal marks make it easier for a student to follow along?

This is mainly why I put rehearsal marks in. There isn't a need to, but it's just something I usually do out of habit.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

I'm not sure how fond I am of Layer 2 in the RH of m7–9. Even if the line is there in the original, it's not nearly as distinguishable in the sheet, and in playback it almost feels kind of like someone just hitting the wrong notes by accident... Up to you though.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 12, 2018, 03:29:33 PMI'm not sure how fond I am of Layer 2 in the RH of m7–9. Even if the line is there in the original, it's not nearly as distinguishable in the sheet, and in playback it almost feels kind of like someone just hitting the wrong notes by accident... Up to you though.

Whenever I hear this song, that 2nd layer always pops out to me precisely because of that dissonance it creates, especially in m7. So, I decided to put it in.

Static

I edited the files again with a few changes that Libera and I discussed. The staff size was increased a bit for readability, which also ended up reducing the large amount of space. Some collision and margin issues were also addressed.

Zeta