News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "Getting Ready" by Splatoon Inkling

Started by Zeta, January 17, 2020, 03:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario 3D World
Console: Wii U
Title: Getting Ready
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Splatoon Inkling

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

- Tempo should be 112 BPM, not 120.
- A courtesy C# would be appreciated in m3 LH. You could also put one in m8 RH but the LH is already playing a C# so it's not necessary.
- I would extend the RH half notes in m2/3/6 to dotted half notes since they keep ringing until the next note is played.
- I would separate the bass note and chords in m4 into LH and RH because beat 2.5 has both a chord and a bass note (you're missing the bass note). I also think you should make the last chord a dotted quarter note (sustains until the end of the measure).
- You're missing a note in m7/8 RH—it should look like this:

- You're also missing the first bass note in m8. I would split the chord and bass notes into two different layers and write it like this:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Just popping in to say this looks great for a first sheet ^^

Also, we have specific composer info for this one! It's just Mahito Yokota: https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_3D_World_Original_Soundtrack
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Splatoon Inkling

Done! So Levi has been helping me format and fix the sheet in this learning process. I did however leave out the courtesies. Thank you msf and Latios for the feedback!

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 17, 2020, 04:43:35 PM- A courtesy C# would be appreciated in m3 LH. You could also put one in m8 RH but the LH is already playing a C# so it's not necessary.

A courtesy C# would not be needed. Look, I'm all for courtesy accidentals when the time is right, but beats 1 - 2 of the left hand in measure 3 are no different than they are in measure 1, so there should be no reason for the performer to assume the C4 is still natural from measure 2. If they do, it's their own fault for ignoring music's basic fundamentals.

Off-topic, but now that you guys know I've been helping him, I think this submission process would go even more smoothly if things are explained a little more thoroughly for Splatoon Inkling. He's just starting out, and I can't be here all the time to help him format his sheets, so please feel free to give him some tips here and there, like these:

- courtesy accidentals can be toggled with the P key
- use a Tempo Tapper to determine the tempo of a song easily
- to switch layers, check the bottom left corner of the screen:

You cannot view this attachment.

I'll pop in whenever I can; good luck sheeting, Inkling!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on January 18, 2020, 10:28:13 AMDone! So Levi has been helping me format and fix the sheet in this learning process. I did however leave out the courtesies. Thank you msf and Latios for the feedback!
You're welcome :)

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 18, 2020, 10:35:53 AMA courtesy C# would not be needed. Look, I'm all for courtesy accidentals when the time is right, but beats 1 - 2 of the left hand in measure 3 are no different than they are in measure 1, so there should be no reason for the performer to assume the C4 is still natural from measure 2. If they do, it's their own fault for ignoring music's basic fundamentals.
Yeah, I would recommend keeping them out here as well.

Last couple things from me before I sign off on this one:
- Flip the bottom tie between the last two measures upwards. You can flip ties by selecting the first note and pressing Ctrl+F
- I would recommend writing m. 3 like this by moving beats 4-4.5 to the right hand to make it a bit easier to play (since the high voice in the original dies out before the measure ends anyway)
You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Notes check out and everything.  I also got your articulations due to v26 issues (also for some reasons the staccatos in bar 3 weren't applying in playback so I fixed that as well).

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot