All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Food/Cooking Update

Started by Libera, January 26, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: Static on February 17, 2020, 02:42:08 PM
Static - The Salt Flats
- I hear it in 6/8 also because of the percussion, and the melody, and the other instruments (and for the reasons msf mentioned). Looks like Square agrees too...
- I purposely left it out there because 5 notes is a lot in one hand and also bc the Bb plays just 3 8th notes later. I still don't really think it's necessary, but I've added them in anyway.
- Fixed.
- Fixed.
[/spoiler
[close]
gah okay I'll be fine with you leaving it in 6/8 I guess :P Approved.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Sushi-Go-Round (Pokémon Stadium) - Yug Guy
- Perhaps include parentheses on LH beat 3.5 of m5 to avoid confusion, since both hands are playing the same note there.
- A long time ago, Ben once told me that the space between the "Arranged by" text and the second line of the "Composed by" text should be the same as the space between the two "Composed by" text lines (i.e. equal spacing between all three lines). I don't know if anyone really cares anymore (I don't mind it as is), but I thought I'd at least mention it.
[close]

Vs. Squashini (Kirby's Epic Yarn) - Static
Delicious. Accepted.
[close]

Discussed the following with Latios over Discord:

Title Screen (Yoshi's Cookie) - Latios212
- Respaced the two notes on m5 RH beat 1 to be slightly separated from each other.

Sweet. Accepted.
[close]

Yoshi and Cookies (Yoshi's Woolly World) - Latios212
- Changed tempo from 140 BPM to 141 BPM.
- Moved the "clap" chords in m8 up an octave to the RH to resemble those in m20/m24.
- Moved the forte marking in m1 a little over to the right.

Mouthwatering. Accepted.
[close]

Discussed the following with Levi over Discord (with some input from Latios):

Radish Ruins (Kirby & The Amazing Mirror) - LeviR.star
Tasty. Accepted.
[close]

Yogurt Yard Map (Kirby's Adventure) - LeviR.star
- Raised the C on beat 3.75 of m4 LH back up an octave to how it was originally.

Yum yum. Accepted.
[close]

Dreaming of Food (Kirby Super Star) - LeviR.star
- Moved the G in the last measure up an octave to the RH.

Delectable. Accepted.
[close]

Goal Game (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards) - LeviR.star
- Moved both voices onto one staff and switched from using a special text direction to using an 8va.

Mmmmm. Accepted.
[close]

Crash! Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star) - LeviR.star
- Added courtesy accidentals to the RH in m3 and m6.
- Moved the mezzo forte in m9 from the second beat to the first beat.

Absolutely scrumptious. Accepted.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

To, uh, cap off that list of checked sheets, I suppose I should approve Cappy's Stage...

Rubikium

Treat Land
Updated file seems good! I have nothing to change.
[close]
Time for Dessert!
Updated files (ver03)

Quote from: Static on February 16, 2020, 02:00:30 PM- The Fn in m12 should be spelled as an E#.
- The beginning of the 8va lines should be moved a little to the left so it lines up with the center of the starting note.
- m15 beat 2.5 LH sounds like it should have an A# and B#, and it should be rolled.
- There should be a grace note F# before the G# in m16 RH.
- m17 beat 4.5 LH should be an En instead of D#.

- Changed
- Fixed
- If this suggestion is same what Radiak488417 wrote here, then the rolled chord in RH had already included the notes.
- Added
- Changed
[close]
Olive Ocean
Updated files (ver03)

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 15, 2020, 02:58:44 PMJust a few formatting/playback fixes I made:

- Removed the redundant accidental on Ebb on m10 beat 3.

- Added invisible articulations to Layer 1 in m13-14 to get rid of wonky playback (now the invisible Layer 2 is the only one that plays), though I'm not sure if playback was already how you intended it beforehand. Not that playback is a big deal, but let me know if there's some specific way you want it to playback (e.g. one of us can use full Finale to add hidden percussion staves).

- Changed the invisible measure at the end from a quarter rest to a hundred twenty-eighth rest (or a semihemidemisemiquaver, as Libera would call it) so that it doesn't affect playback.

One question I had was about Layer 2 from m15-21. It sounds like you moved the notes on beats 2.75 and 3.25 of each measure down an octave compared to the original. Was this to avoid it overlapping with Layer 1? Just wanted to double-check since I think it would be okay (but by no means necessary—do it how you want) to bring those notes up even if the layers overlap.

Additionally, you might consider raising the RH in m12 and/or m22 since it feels like the melody is sort of "ascending" up to that part as it builds up. If you wanted, you could also double the Db's/Eb's by an octave in the RH in m12/22 for extra emphasis.

- Since that note is the first Ebb note in voice 1, Notepad automatically add the double flat back on the note. Instead of removing it, I make it invisible by editing the .xml file.
- The invisible notes correspond to the drum sounds that I want (35 Acoustic Bass Drum, 37 Side Stick). Changing the MIDI instrument to drum kit may do the job, but there may be better solutions.
- Tinkering and re-importing the .xml file resets the measure widths. Pasting measures also reset the distances between systems and potentially the number of systems in each page.
- Moving down those notes an octave is intentional, to let the top melody note stand out more.
- Adapted
[close]
Meringue Clouds
Updated files (ver02)

Quote from: Latios212 on February 16, 2020, 10:12:20 AMGot that. Also fixed an articulation issue in m. 10.

Aside from that, only thing I can see if that m. 4 would be better written in two layers to clarify what's going on in beat 1. If you're good with that, then I approve! (Files updated in the Dropbox folder.)

- Accepting the changes and the suggestion.

Quote from: Static on February 16, 2020, 02:00:30 PM- In m2 RH beats 3-4 there's a really distinctive triplet figure here that I think would be a good addition. It's pretty prominent in the original track.

- Notes added
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: Static on February 13, 2020, 01:50:48 PM- I agree, but that's how most sources have it... Alternatively, you could use the full name, Dimensional Dream.
- m55 has A#s in the LH, so I think it would be warranted here. Up to you though.
Missed this somehow.
I don't see any reason to add courtesy accidentals to the other staff when it doesn't have any.

Latios212

Quote from: Rubikium on February 18, 2020, 03:29:10 AM
Treat Land
Updated file seems good! I have nothing to change.
[close]
Meringue Clouds
Updated files (ver02)

- Accepting the changes and the suggestion.

- Notes added
[close]
Approving these!
K.K. Gumbo - Th3Gavst3r
- I'd suggest putting the RH in bass clef when it gets low (for instance, most of the first page).
- The "2." for the second ending in m. 27 is a bit far to the right.

Other than that, looks good!
[close]
Olive Ocean - Rubikium
I used the measure tool to shrink the last invisible measure to adjust the spacing around the courtesy key signature, and also made the couple of percussive measures play percussion in playback. Uploaded the file, I approve.
[close]
Cappy's Stage (Stage 1) - LeviR.Star
Looks great. Accepted!
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Levi's eat the meat has been accepted. I listened to the FF6 victory theme while checking for formatting because holy crap this song is annoying to listen to for any length of time.

Funny Funny (Smurfs) - Static
Great notes. I just have one singular issues: the dynamics are not aligned at all. I'd prefer it to be better everywhere, but I refuse to accept a sheet with something like m44-45, which just looks sloppy. Fix this and you're golden
[close]

Dangerous Dinner - Latios (accepted)
You bet I'm checking this one. Discussed briefly over discord. m9-12 was adjusted, with the main line being moved up an octave and octave harmonies being added where they were playable. accepted
[close]

K.K. Gumbo - Gav
Piggybacking on what lat said, I agree and would also recommend not beaming over rests. Going bass clef might solve your beaming woes, however. Up to you on this one I guess.
[close]

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 15, 2020, 07:19:57 PM- RH beat 4 of m25 should be a dotted eighth - sixteenth rhythm, instead of two eighth notes.
- For m3-4, I think the main problem with it is that those jumps are really big for such a short period of time, so something like this would be much easier:
- I would also recommend something like this for m1-2 because I think that re-articulating the same note on in a 16th-note span is quite hard when playing dyads and doesn't add that much IMO
- You might also consider raising the D on beat 1.75 in m4 LH by an octave, and/or modifying the consecutive 16ths in m26 LH beat 4, because consecutive 16ths are really hard to play with just the pinky. Haven't played piano in a while, though, so you might disagree.
- Nitpick, but I'm used to seeing the segno (m5) directly above the barline.
- I would personally notate the D in m26 as a half note just because it looks cleaner and doesn't make things more confusing by not showing beat 3. Matter of preference.
EDIT: I would also move the "& Dan Miyakawa" down to the next line so the "Composition by" text isn't so far under the title/subtitle.
Fixed

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 17, 2020, 08:18:04 PM- Perhaps include parentheses on LH beat 3.5 of m5 to avoid confusion, since both hands are playing the same note there.
Also fixed.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 17, 2020, 08:18:04 PM- A long time ago, Ben once told me that the space between the "Arranged by" text and the second line of the "Composed by" text should be the same as the space between the two "Composed by" text lines (i.e. equal spacing between all three lines). I don't know if anyone really cares anymore (I don't mind it as is), but I thought I'd at least mention it.
I'm sure no one does. That being said, I did move the Composed by text a little farther down, if anyone actually cares.

QuoteKirby Super Star [SNES]
"Peanut Plain" (Replacement)MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Pokémon Stadium [N64]
"Sushi-Go-Round"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal

mastersuperfan

The following sheet has been approved:
Peanut Plain (Kirby Super Star) - Yug Guy

The following sheets have been accepted:
Sushi-Go-Round (Pokémon Stadium) - Yug Guy
Olive Ocean (Kirby & The Amazing Mirror) - Rubikium

@Rubikium: The file in the accepted folder is a MUSX because Latios' version of Finale exported a MUS that caused the hidden double-flat in m10 to show up again. Here's a copy of the MUS so you can open it (identical to the MUSX except for that accidental).

Acorn Plains (New Super Mario Bros. U) - LeviR.star
- Any reason why the tempo marking and swing marking are separate from each either? I typically see them next to each other, and the current layout makes the tempo marking easier to miss since it's higher up.
- You might consider a grace note on RH beat 1 of m5 to simulate the onset of the whistle in the original.
- m12 and m24 should have an E under the C on RH beat 1.5.
- Measures m17-m24 are identical to m5-12, both in the sheet and in the original track. The theme actually loops at the end of m16, at which point the sheet should repeat and jump back to m5. If you decreased the spacing between systems (and fit four measures into one system somewhere), you could easily fit this on one page after making this change.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 19, 2020, 07:32:52 PM
Acorn Plains (New Super Mario Bros. U) - LeviR.star
- Any reason why the tempo marking and swing marking are separate from each either? I typically see them next to each other, and the current layout makes the tempo marking easier to miss since it's higher up.
- You might consider a grace note on RH beat 1 of m5 to simulate the onset of the whistle in the original.
- m12 and m24 should have an E under the C on RH beat 1.5.
- Measures m17-m24 are identical to m5-12, both in the sheet and in the original track. The theme actually loops at the end of m16, at which point the sheet should repeat and jump back to m5. If you decreased the spacing between systems (and fit four measures into one system somewhere), you could easily fit this on one page after making this change.
[close]

- I dunno, someone once told me once to stack them because they thought it all looked too close to the center of the page. Personally, I'll be glad to make them into one; how's that look?
- that's a good idea, consider it done.
- added, thanks for catching that
- I wasn't sure I'd do anything until someone pointed this out, because I thought the way I had it set up for this loop looked a bit goofy. Wasn't sure where to put the 4-measure system for this edit, so my best bet was the 3rd on the page. Does that work?

Saved changed to "Acorn Plains". The only sheet left in my folder after this will be "Shrimp Boss". I know I missed the deadline for it by a day, but in the off chance you guys finish sooner than expected, just know that this 8-bar piece will be there.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Acorn Plains (New Super Mario Bros. U) - LeviR.star has been accepted.

Maelstrom

Static's K.K. Salsa and Start+Coffee Break have been accepted

Yug Guy's Peanut Plain has been accepted

mastersuperfan

Peronza Plaza (Super Mario Odyssey) - Latios212
- There are pickup notes to beat 1 of m2 LH (two 16th notes: C# and D#, at the end of m1).
- To me, the B on m12 RH beat 1 doesn't sound like it works super well. Since it doesn't actually seem to be from the original, I would suggest either changing it to a G#, an E (octave below top note), or just omit the second note entirely.
- You might consider moving the 8th notes in m12-13 to the LH and using the RH to incorporate the high ascending part there.
- In the original RH harmonies, there's a C# on beat 4 of m20 and an E on beat 1 of m21 (doubles the melody an octave down). You might consider adding them for extra emphasis on these notes (like in the original).
- m23 RH beat 2.75 should be a D# instead of an E.
- Beat 4 of m28 LH should be a G# instead of a B.
- Maybe this is just v26 being weird, but for me, the staccato on beat 2 of m31 RH is above the stem rather than below the notehead.
- You might consider a courtesy B natural in m35.
- DID YOU KNOW? The tempo is actually 115 BPM instead of 116.
[close]

Under the Rotting Pizza (Final Fantasy VII) - Static
- what exactly is this
- Would be nice to make the final RH chord a dotted half note with a quarter rest on beat 4 since it cuts out before the LH plays the pickup.
[close]

The Salt Flats (Final Fantasy VIII) - Static
Mmmm salt. Accepted.
[close]

Static

Nine Lives - Sweet Sweet Canyon
- Looks good.
[close]
Maelstrom - Strawberry Crisis!!
Quote from: Maelstrom on February 18, 2020, 07:45:25 AMMissed this somehow.
I don't see any reason to add courtesy accidentals to the other staff when it doesn't have any.
I still think it would be useful here even if the A# and An are in different staves, but up to you I suppose. I'll be approving this one.
[close]
Static - Funny Funny (The Kitchen of Danger)
Quote from: Maelstrom on February 19, 2020, 06:03:15 PMGreat notes. I just have one singular issues: the dynamics are not aligned at all. I'd prefer it to be better everywhere, but I refuse to accept a sheet with something like m44-45, which just looks sloppy. Fix this and you're golden
Done.
[close]
Static - Under the Rotting Pizza (Final Fantasy VII)
Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 21, 2020, 07:57:13 PM- what exactly is this
- Would be nice to make the final RH chord a dotted half note with a quarter rest on beat 4 since it cuts out before the LH plays the pickup.
- Yes.
- Done.
[close]

Static

Almost forgot to post this one too:
Time for Dessert!
Quote from: Rubikium on February 18, 2020, 03:29:10 AMUpdated files (ver03)

- Changed
- Fixed
- If this suggestion is same what Radiak488417 wrote here, then the rolled chord in RH had already included the notes.
- Added
- Changed
Looks great! Alright yeah, that makes sense, for Radiak's suggestion. Just leave it like it is, I must've been looking at an earlier version. I approve.
[close]