[NDS] Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version - "Goldenrod City" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, May 24, 2020, 11:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Goldenrod City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

The superior version.

- Maybe put a piano dynamic marking and a crescendo above the RH staff in m3-5?
- The first dyad in m17 RH sounds fully held.
- You might consider adding the bass notes to the LH at the end of each measure from m9 onward, like so:

[close]
^^ I personally like that, but feel free to disagree.

Wow, copyright 2009? I feel old...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 24, 2020, 04:20:37 PMThe superior version.
I'll have to give the edge to the original for this one, but that said I still love both versions to death - they're both so lovable in different ways :)

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 24, 2020, 04:20:37 PM- Maybe put a piano dynamic marking and a crescendo above the RH staff in m3-5?
- The first dyad in m17 RH sounds fully held.
- You might consider adding the bass notes to the LH at the end of each measure from m9 onward, like so:

[close]
- Good idea! I like that
- Yup, nice catch
- Thought about it just now, but I think I'd like to keep it as is because (1) the focus in this arrangement is on the higher voice in the original which doesn't play on beat 6 - that bass part gets to shine in m. 25+, and (2) it's easier to play.

Thanks for the feedback, files updated :)

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 24, 2020, 04:20:37 PMWow, copyright 2009? I feel old...
Yeah... it's been about as long since HGSS as was the gap between GS and HGSS .___.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

JDMEK5

Haha this one has been on my list of to-do's for nearly a decade... Very nice work though!

In short, I love it. In long, I love it. I don't think I have anything to say- honestly it looks pristine.

My only thought was going to be adding harmonies to the beat 4s in the piece to give it a bit more of a pop on those beats. That being said, I can't think of any way to do that without significantly upping the difficulty and honestly, played right, I don't think it's all that necessary.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Hi!

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 15, 2020, 02:19:43 PMIn short, I love it. In long, I love it. I don't think I have anything to say- honestly it looks pristine.
Thanks! :D

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 15, 2020, 02:19:43 PMMy only thought was going to be adding harmonies to the beat 4s in the piece to give it a bit more of a pop on those beats. That being said, I can't think of any way to do that without significantly upping the difficulty and honestly, played right, I don't think it's all that necessary.
Yep! I actually originally wrote it in with dyads in the left hand on beat 4, but eventually concluded that they weren't super necessary for the difficulty they introduced. The rest of the notes already outline the harmony and the player can emphasize the single note for the rhythmic emphasis.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeta