News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Yug Guy's Replacements

Started by Yug_Guy, May 30, 2020, 07:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Hey, sorry, one last thing here I didn't catch before. According to Wikipedia, the Eye in GoldenEye should be capitalized, and it appears like it should be on the boxart as well. You should change the titles on your sheets to reflect that.

Maelstrom

The Great Pyramid
This song desperately needs some articulations. Places like m6 LH just don't sound the same with the slur-staccato pattern. Other suggestions include a dotted tenuto for b2 of LH m4 and and staccatos for the RH.

notes look great all around.

Maelstrom

Bonus Game Victory
Perhaps combine the quarter rests in the finale measure? The rest looks great.

Buttville
Notes all look great.
Missing a " on the running title.
Running title and page number are at a different height on the final page
I'd recommend following the conventions on 8th beaming (only in sets of 4 when all on the beat and no rests), but the beaming of stuff like b1-2 of m18 and 3-4 of m33 is something I strongly recommend changing, at the very least.
Not sure what's going on with the layers/beam orientation in m45 and 47 but I don't like it.
Dynamics in m41 and m45 are slightly off of center in different directions and it's bothering me.

Opening theme
something about beaming over rests. there's no rest-8th-8th-rest so it's at least somewhat easier to parse but I'll still say it.
Why does it end with a D.S. when there's no S? It's placement also feels rather high
m31 LH - I hear the bass guitar coming in on b1.5 here. Unsure if a restrike, but it feels like an intentionally delayed entry.
m31-46 RH - I hear all top notes equally bended up, why are only some marked with grace notes?
m32 LH - b4.5 is a B. Same in similar places.
m44-46 RH - the top layer here is completely different from m36-38.
Maybe move the LH 8vb text closer to the LH?
While it's up to you, some dynamics could spice this up nicely esp to give a good change between m46 and 47.
Other than this, it looks pretty great.
edit: also move the composer/arranger lines closer together

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 18, 2020, 01:27:07 PMThe Great Pyramid
This song desperately needs some articulations. Places like m6 LH just don't sound the same with the slur-staccato pattern. Other suggestions include a dotted tenuto for b2 of LH m4 and and staccatos for the RH.
I don't think the R.H. are staccato. I think they're somewhere in-between non-articulated and staccato. If you know what kind of articulation would be good for that, I would love to hear it.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 09:31:20 AMBonus Game Victory
Done

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 09:31:20 AMBonus Game Victory

Buttville
I'd recommend following the conventions on 8th beaming (only in sets of 4 when all on the beat and no rests), but the beaming of stuff like b1-2 of m18 and 3-4 of m33 is something I strongly recommend changing, at the very least.
I tried it. See what you think

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 09:31:20 AMOpening theme
something about beaming over rests. there's no rest-8th-8th-rest so it's at least somewhat easier to parse but I'll still say it.
Not sure what you're referring to here? Unless you just mean that there's general clutter, which I agree there is.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 09:31:20 AMm31-46 RH - I hear all top notes equally bended up, why are only some marked with grace notes?
Quote from: Yug_Guy on September 10, 2020, 04:29:21 PMBut, I feel like having a grace note for every note would get annoying really fast.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 09:31:20 AMm31 LH - I hear the bass guitar coming in on b1.5 here. Unsure if a restrike, but it feels like an intentionally delayed entry.
Nah, I definitely hear it on beat 1.

Quote from: Static on September 20, 2020, 04:35:55 PMAccording to Wikipedia, the Eye in GoldenEye should be capitalized, and it appears like it should be on the boxart as well. You should change the titles on your sheets to reflect that.
Done.

Everything else not directly addressed here should be fixed.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 09, 2020, 05:11:33 PMI don't think the R.H. are staccato. I think they're somewhere in-between non-articulated and staccato. If you know what kind of articulation would be good for that, I would love to hear it.
Quote from: Maelstrom on November 18, 2020, 01:27:07 PMThe Great Pyramid
dotted tenuto
slurred staccato also works. If you don't want either, that's fine too I guess.

Bonus Victory
You didn't combine the rests?

Buttville
Did you change any beaming aside from 18? Not sure if I'm missing something or not. You aren't compelled to by any means, but I'm not sure what was tried here.

Opening theme
I mean this:

could look like this:

Up to you to keep or fix tho, I could see this going either way.
Reset the rest heights on b2.5 of m7 and the like. not sure why they're so low.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 05:34:25 PMThe Great Pyramid
dotted tenuto
Done.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 05:34:25 PMBonus Victory
You didn't combine the rests?
I already did. At least, it shows as being combined on my copy.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 05:34:25 PMButtville
Did you change any beaming aside from 18? Not sure if I'm missing something or not. You aren't compelled to by any means, but I'm not sure what was tried here.
I see what you mean now. That sort of beaming doesn't really bother me. But, no harm no foul.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2020, 05:34:25 PMOpening theme
I mean this:

could look like this:

Up to you to keep or fix tho, I could see this going either way.
Reset the rest heights on b2.5 of m7 and the like. not sure why they're so low.
Done & done.

Maelstrom

Bonus Victor
Idk why it wasn't showing up, but it's fine now.
Approved.

Great Pyramid
Approved. I think the dotted tenudos work really nicely here honestly.

Buttville
Approved

Opening Theme
You missed m4+5 LH so I made them like the others.
Same for the final page.
I also adjusted 1st layer rest heights in m27-30 LH.
I made the changes for you, lemme know if you like them and then I'll accept.

Yug_Guy

Maelstrom

Static

Endless Mine
  • For that rhythm starting in m2 RH, the first 8th note sounds like it should also be staccato.
  • Consider inverting the dyads in Layer 2 in m18-21 and 29-31, unless you want the player to hold down the pedal or something.

Latios212

Great Pyramid
this good

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 14, 2020, 08:46:57 PM

Bonus Game Victory / Boss Defeated Jingle
Notes are good for this one but the way it's written is super awkward at this speed. A couple of options:
- Use cross-staff brackets where feasible (this still leaves some wide intervals in m. 1 beat 3 and m. 2 beat 3)
- (My recommendation) condense the two lower voices into one for simplicity since most of the awkward intervals octave double the higher or lower note and do not add anything harmonically:
You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on December 15, 2020, 12:26:58 PMEndless Mine
  • For that rhythm starting in m2 RH, the first 8th note sounds like it should also be staccato.
  • Consider inverting the dyads in Layer 2 in m18-21 and 29-31, unless you want the player to hold down the pedal or something.
Done

Quote from: Latios212 on December 15, 2020, 03:24:07 PM- (My recommendation) condense the two lower voices into one for simplicity since most of the awkward intervals octave double the higher or lower note and do not add anything harmonically:
You cannot view this attachment.
I'm all for simplifying this arrangement. You can go ahead and use this version.

Latios212

Bonus something something
Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 15, 2020, 05:58:17 PMI'm all for simplifying this arrangement. You can go ahead and use this version.
it do be done
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Maelstrom

Endless Mines
RH:
-m5/9 b1.5 - lowest note here is a G, not an A
-I think there's a restrike on b1 of m11/15
-m21 - b3.5 chord - top note should be an F#, not a C.
-m23 b4.5 - I hear a 8th note on C here, no 16th on D on b4.75
-m24 b1 - I recommend a staccato here
-m33 I think there should be some rests here after the 16th notes ....
LH:
m27:

-Maybe lower 1st layer rests to a normal height in m33?

And that's all; nice sheet