Nine Lives' Replacements

Started by NineLives, May 31, 2020, 10:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Alright looks good! Just last thing, the F# in the LH at tHe end of 26 - I meant for that to be an octave lower.

That's all for this sheet~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Latios212

Oops sorry I forgot to check back on this one! Approved :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Koopa Beach - Super Mario Kart
- I'd put staccatos on the four eighth notes at the end of m3 LH.
- The dynamic marking in the pickup measure is too close to the RH and should be lowered to be aligned evenly between the two staves.
- I think it's more correct/conventional not to beam over rests, so you might consider breaking the beam over m14 beat 4. It still is pretty common to beam over rests (Finale does so by default), but this just bugged me because it was the only instance in the whole sheet, lol.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

NineLives

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 12, 2020, 02:10:37 PMKoopa Beach - Super Mario Kart
- I'd put staccatos on the four eighth notes at the end of m3 LH.
- The dynamic marking in the pickup measure is too close to the RH and should be lowered to be aligned evenly between the two staves.
- I think it's more correct/conventional not to beam over rests, so you might consider breaking the beam over m14 beat 4.
Done and updated!

mastersuperfan

Did you make the changes on an old version of the file by accident? Latios' changes from July 11th are missing.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

NineLives

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 12, 2020, 04:42:56 PMDid you make the changes on an old version of the file by accident? Latios' changes from July 11th are missing.
Sorry about that! I didn't know it was. I usually only have the one file. Should be good now!

mastersuperfan

NineLives

Oh. I thought he meant the one in the LH and thought I changed it already in the file. I got it now.

mastersuperfan

Koopa Beach - One last thing... I think maybe the key signature should be D minor (one flat) instead of C major, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm going to ask for more opinions and get back to you on this.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like C major is good. Accepting!

Libera

Frosty Village

-There's a bunch of places where the LH rhythm is different to what you've written in.  For example, bar 21 should have two quaver C#s at the end rather than a crotchet C#.  Similarly for bars 37, 40, 45 and 46, 65.  From when the new bass pattern comes in at 48 all of the rhythms in the left hand are off (it sounds to me like there should be two quavers at the end of the bars and only a crotchet on beat 1).
-Intentionally simplified rhythms in bar 61?  You wrote in the other triplet stuff elsewhere so I'm just wondering.
-http to https!
-You might want to spread out the systems on page 1 a little more evenly.  There's a lot of space between the bottom stave and the copyright at the moment.
-The beaming of the guitar line in bars 30 and 32 should be consistent (same for 74 and 76).  If you break the beam in one place you should break it in the other and vice versa.
-Another point about that section, why is the F# on beat 2.5 included the second time but not the first?  Also, the rest in 32/76 should be at the normal height.
-It's kind of shame that there are no articulations or dynamics (or directions of any kind) in the sheet.  One example of where you could use slurs in particular would be to help differentiate the different instruments in 37 and 39 (but you could also do that with beaming if you wanted to.)  Something to think about anyway, but I won't force it if you don't want to.
-The positioning of the tempo marking is quite awkward since it's too close to the swing marking.  It's probably better to have them stacked vertically rather than horizontally.  Also, the tempo marking shouldn't be in parenthesis and should also be in terms of crotchets since your time signature is 4/4.

Static

Haunted Woods
- Because of all the dense rhythms, you'll probably want to just have systems with 2-3 measures instead of 4. This will also fill out that almost-empty 3rd page.
- Those 32nd notes would probably be better written as just grace notes, even if the rhythm is exactly 32nds in the original.
- Most of the baseline is a 16th-8th-16th rhythm on each beat; I think it's fine to simplify it though since it's pretty tiring to play for a long time.
- m4 RH should have some grace notes going up to the note as well.
- m14 beats 3-4 and m16 beats 1-4: The C naturals should be C#s.
- m30-33 might sound cool as 16th notes (alternating the octave with each note), instead of having both octaves together as an 8th note.

NineLives

All right, so I think I got most of your concerns done, Libera. I double checked over the bass, so I caught a few more rhythms that were absent. I also put slurs in places with two or more instruments to distinguish them as suggested. Now here are some questions and answers about some of the comments:
Quote from: Libera on August 20, 2020, 09:51:05 AM-Intentionally simplified rhythms in bar 61?  You wrote in the other triplet stuff elsewhere so I'm just wondering.
Yes, that was intentional.
Quote from: Libera on August 20, 2020, 09:51:05 AM-The beaming of the guitar line in bars 30 and 32 should be consistent (same for 74 and 76).  If you break the beam in one place you should break it in the other and vice versa.
I don't see/understand what you're talking about here. On the file, both sections mentioned are beamed consistently and I don't see any broken beams around the sheet in general. Do you mean since it's two eighths to a quarter in the left hand, then it should be split because of that?
Quote from: Libera on August 20, 2020, 09:51:05 AMFrosty Village
-Another point about that section, why is the F# on beat 2.5 included the second time but not the first?  Also, the rest in 32/76 should be at the normal height.
Well, that's because in the first parts(Measures 30 and 74), the guitar only plays count 3 and onward, unlike in the second parts(Measures 32 and 76). That's the accordion-sounding part that's got counts 2 and 2.5 in those first parts.

NineLives

All right, Static. I think I got all those changes jotted down.
Quote from: Static on August 20, 2020, 11:39:50 AM- m30-33 might sound cool as 16th notes (alternating the octave with each note), instead of having both octaves together as an 8th note.
I thought about this before, but I wasn't sure if it was player-friendly at its tempo. It's in the sheet now.

Static

Haunted Woods looks great, I'll approve now.