News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Maelstrom's Arrangements - 8th Anniversary - Xeno Suprise

Started by Maelstrom, April 09, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see more arrangements of?

Fire Emblem
2 (11.1%)
Touhou
1 (5.6%)
Weird stuff
8 (44.4%)
This poll doesn't matter because maelstrom will just arrange weird stuff anyway
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Maelstrom

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Title Screen
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF] [Original]

you know i would stop arranging replacements if i had more time to work on longer things

Maelstrom

Mother 3
Cumbersome Guys

This was done on Monday, actually. Life gets busy sometimes.

Maelstrom

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Aurum Island

Because no one else is crazy enough to arrange from KI Uprising, apparently.

So, that marks half a year of weekly sheets. It's hard to believe I've actually made it this far. I intend to continue, but I am, now more than ever, acutely aware that this can't continue forever. Other responsibilities are encroaching on my free time and will eventually devour it, possibly until there is nothing left. Still, until that time comes, I'll keep posting sheets because this is what I enjoy doing.

legoenthusiast

Ah, a fellow lunatic! I'm glad other people do KIU scores too.

Maelstrom

Wow, it's hard to believe that I've been doing this for so long. 7 years ago, to the day, I first posted this thread with my first (admittedly terrible) arrangement. Since then, a new submission system was introduced, the URL was changed, hit 3k (and 4K) sheets on the site, I became an updater, the entire undertale soundtrack was arranged and uploaded, the site admin changed, and the community transitioned away from the forums to discord. Times change, and so have I, moving from highschool, through a year abroad, through college, and now into graduate school. I can't say for certain how much time, if any, I'll still be able to give to the site as my projects ramp up. When a time comes where I'm no longer able to dedicate any of my time, I'll let you know. It's not that time yet, but it feels like it may be approaching despite my wishes. Until then, you may see more of me, you might not. Only time will tell.

Libera

You were and continue to be an inspiration in arranging.  Even in the years before I joined you were my favourite arranger on the site and I hope you can continue to make arrangements in the future, even if it's at a reduced pace.

Congratulations on seven years, friend!

Spoiler
I spent ages looking for a hidden url link on your post haha.
[close]

Maelstrom

Wow, a new song! How did it happen? I have no clue.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Provincial City of Rolent

Maelstrom

Well, I've been arranging for 8 years today (I feel old, that's nearly a quarter of my life). For that special occasion (and because I had some spare time) I threw this together. Would have made it a piano solo but I wasn't able to easily massage the vocal line into the LH so I left it as-is. If I submit it, I'll fix that and maybe add some more variations to spice up this kinda repetitive piece. I intentionally wrote it in 6/4 instead of 3/4 because the song is genuinely impossible to parse consistently if written that way. Besides, the 3/4 isn't incredibly obvious until the heartbeat comes in later so I think it's fine.

Xenogears
One Who Bares Fangs at God