[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Title Screen" by goldenscruff

Started by Zeta, May 08, 2024, 05:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Title Screen
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: goldenscruff

goldenscruff

Welcome to the piece where the melody is almost never in the top RH.

The Ties in m24 I don't think I can fix in notepad.

This is a fast tempo, so lmk if anythings too hard. (Repeated notes m5-8, octaves m14,m22)

goldenscruff

In m34-37 I was planning on doing some cross stave beaming to show the melody in the LH, but it doesn't look that feasible in NotePad

Kricketune54

Sorry for a bit of a wait here.

• Both composer names could fit on one line. And can be written Junichi Masuda and Go Ichinose
• Lowercase the "by" in "Arranged by"
• bars 1-5 look scrunched up currently. Overall, I think 4-3-3-3-4 could be a better measure/system distribution for this piece.
• for the pickup measure, there is a second line of notes you could add to the LH, or at the very least the drum part leading into m1.
    •  Speaking of which, the pickup measure should be separated from the rest of the measure count (I will refer to measure #'s as is though)
• It's very hard to tell but I think m2-4 the first note is a Cb.
• m5 RH beat 4.66 I hear a Cn 8th note as a pickup into m6
• m6 second layer I hear the following screenshot (can clean up layers a bit)
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
• In m7 RH 2nd layer I hear the Fn restrike twice with the Fn and Cn above it on beats 2.33 and 2.66. Then for beat 3 to end it sounds like the notes played by this clarinet part are just an octave down from the melody.
• m8 RH I would recommend just writing this as a single layer, the dotted quarter note can just be a quarter note
• m9 You could add a trill to beat 3 Fn.
• m10-11 RH I am not sure I hear the notes you have outside of the last two 8th notes of each measure. What are the other RH notes based off of, partwise?
• m11 LH very subtle but on beat 2.66 I hear a separate Eb leading into beat 3
• m12 RH beat 1 you could add a trill to this note
• m14-15 LH you probably could work in a second layer, similar to m12-13

goldenscruff

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• Both composer names could fit on one line. And can be written Junichi Masuda and Go Ichinose
• Lowercase the "by" in "Arranged by"
•  Speaking of which, the pickup measure should be separated from the rest of the measure count (I will refer to measure #'s as is though)
• m8 RH I would recommend just writing this as a single layer, the dotted quarter note can just be a quarter note
• m9 You could add a trill to beat 3 Fn.
• m12 RH beat 1 you could add a trill to this note
Added/Fixed

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• bars 1-5 look scrunched up currently. Overall, I think 4-3-3-3-4 could be a better measure/system distribution for this piece.
Changed to 4-3-3-4-3, as m11-12 is better for squishing 4 bars a system than m13-16.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• for the pickup measure, there is a second line of notes you could add to the LH, or at the very least the drum part leading into m1.
I've added both, with the LH drum being more achievable. The second line in the RH is very virtuosic so it is in small notes.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• It's very hard to tell but I think m2-4 the first note is a Cb.
I'm pretty sure its an F. I at least don't hear a symmetric Cb Eb Cb on 0.5x speed

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• m5 RH beat 4.66 I hear a Cn 8th note as a pickup into m6
I'm not quite hearing a Cn, I can hear an arpeggio leading up to m6 m5, is it part of that?

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• m6 second layer I hear the following screenshot (can clean up layers a bit)
• In m7 RH 2nd layer I hear the Fn restrike twice with the Fn and Cn above it on beats 2.33 and 2.66. Then for beat 3 to end it sounds like the notes played by this clarinet part are just an octave down from the melody.
I don't hear the Gn in your screenshot but there were major discrepancies, so I've taken a much closer look at those bars. I think the LH is F root not C root, but either inversion with an F root doesn't capture the accents in m6 well.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• m10-11 RH I am not sure I hear the notes you have outside of the last two 8th notes of each measure. What are the other RH notes based off of, partwise?
RH is based off of arpegiating high strings playing quaver chords. The strings are a lot less prominent in the actual recording than I expected. (I have been cross referencing a MIDI dump, might not do that again). They can also be heard vibing on the same chord m1-4.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• m10 LH very subtle but on beat 2.66 I hear a separate Eb leading into beat 3
Good catch. I hear it on b2.5 like the An in m9.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2024, 09:34:02 AM• m14-15 LH you probably could work in a second layer, similar to m12-13
Added the strings in m14-15. The bass in m12-13 also can and has been added in a few other bars.