News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Saw an episode of Fooly Cooly today. I have no freaking clue what I just watched, but I want more.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

So I just watched the first episode of Pupa

...what

Mashi

[ur=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS9CcTpA9i0]THE PIANIST AT 15 SECONDS.[/url]

Also, Bubbles, I Googled "Pupa" and was very confused when I opened the Wikipedia page.

Realising my mistake, I Googled "Pupa anime" and read the following synopsis:

Spoiler
The "life-and-death sibling" story follows Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa, a boy and his little sister who find themselves all alone. One day, Yume sees a mysterious red butterfly and her body undergoes a strange metamorphosis—into a creature that eats humans. Utsutsu struggles to find a way to restore his sister.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/anime/19315/Pupa#JLu6EqjMRgEX14sq.99
[close]

Now I am even more confused.

Waddle Bro

Watched Kids on the Slope.

So good. C:

Bubbles

Quote from: Mashi on January 15, 2014, 01:27:49 AMAlso, Bubbles, I Googled "Pupa" and was very confused when I opened the Wikipedia page.

Realising my mistake, I Googled "Pupa anime" and read the following synopsis:

Spoiler
The "life-and-death sibling" story follows Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa, a boy and his little sister who find themselves all alone. One day, Yume sees a mysterious red butterfly and her body undergoes a strange metamorphosis—into a creature that eats humans. Utsutsu struggles to find a way to restore his sister.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/anime/19315/Pupa#JLu6EqjMRgEX14sq.99
[close]

Now I am even more confused.
yeah

Thats actually a less creepy synopsis than the one I read. The episodes are only 5 minutes (three if you don't count the opening and ending) so it really wouldn't take that much time to watch it

Apparently theres going to be inceset and cannibalism?? I might drop out if that happens but for now...eh its not really a huge waste of time

Jompa

Out of all the like billion anime that started airing this season, I must say, I like "Tonari no Seki-kun" the best - it's just so crazily funny!
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Quote from: Jompa on January 15, 2014, 03:02:57 PMOut of all the like billion anime that started airing this season, I must say, I like "Tonari no Seki-kun" the best - it's just so crazily funny!
I was thinking about watching that one. It's only 5 minutes too, right?

and what do you mean the best havent you watched noragami

Jompa

I personally don't think Noragami is that great.
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Watching Kids On the Slope. Gosh, is it good.(Still not quite on Bebop's level though)

EDIT: Just finished it. Definitely putting it up among the best animes I've ever watched. And with the exception of Cowboy Bebop, definitely the best soundtrack.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

Wow, it's been a while since I last saw a good long anime movie. The last one I saw was probably Colorful.
So, any recommendations?, for a movie that isn't connected to any kind of bigger series? :)
Birdo for Smash

Echo

Quote from: Jompa on January 21, 2014, 03:18:19 AMWow, it's been a while since I last saw a good long anime movie. The last one I saw was probably Colorful.
So, any recommendations?, for a movie that isn't connected to any kind of bigger series? :)

Ever watched 5 Centimeters Per Second? I still have to watch it myself, but I've read the manga adaptation and remember enjoying it, although that had to do with how reading it was a really relatable and cathartic experience at the time. Not sure how to sum it up in an interesting or accurate way since a lot happens in it, but iirc the basic premise is that it's a romantic drama and a coming of age story about two nerdy childhood friends and how they cope with being separated after one of them moves to a different city. Apparently it's only an hour long too, so it should be easy to find time to give it a shot.

Jompa

Yeah, I've seen it. Ages ago.
I picked it up because of my then recent Clannad-hangover.
I didn't really like it too much. Well, it was a tearjerker, and it was capturing (at least in the beginning), but I felt like there was no point watching it - nothing really happened in that movie, kinda. Not even at the end.
You might be right in what you're saying about it, but I didn't quite feel that way.. (well, we are talking about different media)

----------------
Anyways, I decided to watch "HAL" (or "Haru" (pronounced the same..)), which is an hour-long movie adapted from manga, about a robot trying to take on the role of a girl's dead boyfriend, step-by-step getting closer, very shoujo-manga-style-y.
Sakisaka Io did character design, which is why I watched it - I've been reading a lot of Sakisaka Io manga lately - she's best known for Strobe Edge and Ao Haru Ride, but her "manga shorts" are extremely good too!
Back to HAL; It was good. It was quite psychological, and exciting, but surprisingly enough it wasn't really any kind of tear-jerker, even though I think that's what they went for (maaaybe the manga is better). The romance was kinda lacking, because once you know one of them's a robot you can't quite get into the romantic mood over only the course of an hour, really - not like with the anime "Chobits", which did this robot romance thing masterfully, because they took their time. In HAL not much romance had any time to sprout.
But it was still good, and definitely mind-blowing at the end.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on January 21, 2014, 03:18:19 AMWow, it's been a while since I last saw a good long anime movie. The last one I saw was probably Colorful.

Whatever Studio Ghibli films you haven't seen besides Tales from Earthsea.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

I figured I'd end up with the Ghibli films, yeah
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Which ones have you seen? The best is Spirited Away. Watch Whisper of the Heart if you haven't seen it, too.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.