News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

So, THIS is supposed to happen today. Does that mean we're all fucked?
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Pfft, no way in hell they can prevent piracy completely. I'm not worried one bit.

Dude

Nyaa is ded fansubs are ded anime is ded

SuperFireKirby

Idunno, Japan is pretty efficient at shit. They might actually be able to make a dent in pirating, unlike the good ol' US of A.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

I heard they were just going to send nasty letters or something

SlowPokemon

Tbh I think stopping piracy is a good thing. As guilty as I am of it, I can't fault them for wanting to stop the illegal anime sites.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Can we not debate here?

Free this week was really good. Makoto was so cute.

InfinitySoul

Just saying but I think that's only in Japan, they can't touch other countries.

Maelstrom

Jompa

So, new topic..

Can someone else please watch the first 6-10 episodes of Samurai Flamenco, so I'm not the only one to feel as trolled as this.
It's SAO all over again... I wanna cry over the wasted potential
IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!
Birdo for Smash

Dude

Why does mayuri shiina use "tutturu" as "hi"?

Shouldn't it be more of a "see ya!"?

Or is it explained somewhere in the anime?

InfinitySoul

Wait, I was actually missed/noticed I was gone?

InfinitySoul

Quote from: Dude on August 08, 2014, 03:54:49 PMWhy does mayuri shiina use "tutturu" as "hi"?

Shouldn't it be more of a "see ya!"?

Or is it explained somewhere in the anime?

Its just her thing, it works with anything!

Dude

Jompa

I just finished the first season of "Kaleido Star" (the first 26 episodes).

Ever since I started watching anime, Kaleido Star is a name that has popped up all over the place in recommendations, and I can imagine many others have also experienced this. But, if I get the impression a show is overrated I immediately turn on a switch in my brain that from then on makes me ignore that show. And this was the case with Kaleido Star right from the start. This has been the case with hundreds of shows, and I really should know better, because many of these shows I've ignored have proven to not be overrated, but actually popular for a good reason. (a good couple of my personal examples with this are Cowboy Bebop and Baccano). This was also the case with Kaleido Star.
But now I know that I couldn't have chosen an anime to be more wrong about thinking it was overrated!!!!! It is a totally incredible and amazing anime of great quality! As a shoujo drama, I don't think I've ever seen anything even close to this good, and even the comedy part could've made the show alone.

It has got to be the show I've cried the most to, and I'm not even finished with it yet... ...okay, it's not Uchuu Kyoudai, but it just spits on Clannad, Kanon 2006 & Clannad: After Story.
I still can't believe it's from 2003. Jesus Christ, it's much better than all the shit that comes out nowadays...

The show reminds me A LOT of Princess Tutu. Not because of the story or the themes or the genres, but literally because of the animation-style, the mood, the characters, the comedy, and the voice actors (the english dub ones (which were incredible for both of the shows)). So yeah, it reminds me of that show, but not really anything else. It is an extraordinarily unique show considering it could be considered a very typical shoujo, which is quite rare. Somehow it doesn't remind me of other anime, but it feels very similar to American cartoons in a way, which is also incredibly rare. But I think all of this is positive the way Kaleido Star uses it.

The first opening sucks ass, but the background music is absolutely some of the most beautiful and emotion-filled I've heard in an anime.

It's a 10/10
Definitely my second favorite tear-jerker.

And now I'm off for the second half of the show... T.T
Birdo for Smash