News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

OK. Then I guess I will give one or two a try.

SuperFireKirby

Cowboy Bebop, man. Complex characters, beautiful action and animation, one of the best soundtracks you'll ever hear(unless you hate jazz), and as long as your mom doesn't mind gun violence and mild language, there's really nothing bad.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maelstrom

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 21, 2014, 10:37:54 AMCowboy Bebop, man. Complex characters, beautiful action and animation, one of the best soundtracks you'll ever hear(unless you hate jazz), and as long as your mom doesn't mind gun violence and mild language, there's really nothing bad.
I'd say that looks cool. However, I don't even need to ask my mom about what she would say. But I might try anyway.

SuperFireKirby

Anyone catch the Space Dandy finale? It was amazing, best possible way they could've ended the series. Though the animation, for the first time in the whole show, got a bit wonky during one of the action sequences(think Naruto vs. Pain fight, but not that extreme)

Such a great show.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

That's just the season finale right? I got worried when the preview for it had Dandy saying the finale because I can't have space dandy end

SuperFireKirby

I really don't know, but no Watanabe anime has ever gone past 26 episodes, so I'd suspect not. But god I hope there's an exception here, because that finale is just making me crave Dandy more than ever.

Bubbles

lol i just actually watched it and it said "may be continued"

Kman96

After reading all the comments, I'm going to put it out there and say that I'm the only fan of Sword Art Online on this forum.

I'm not an anime guy, so I've only seen a few really:

the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

I just enjoy SAO, okay? I don't actively watch anime or tv shows and try to critique everything. What's the point? Complaining to yourself won't make anything better, and I haven't been bored once while watching the show.

That's my schpiel.
Party Hard!
[close]

Jompa

I'll also come out and say: even though I hate SAO over everything on earth, SAOII (so far at least) is actually really really good.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

And OMG Space Dandy finale was amazing
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Nisekoi gets second season ;D Best news I've heard in a while.
now I'm worried if it'll be as good as the first one...
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

OHHH MY GOD

Plus Durarara!! and Tokyo Ghoul season 2 yesss

Olimar12345

Just started Kill La Kill and damn I haven't seen such a decent first episode in a long time. Looks promising.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jompa

In Search of The Lost Future just started airing, and I wanna be the first one to predict that it's gonna be amazing. At least it will be for romance&drama-visualnovel-cliché-lovers like myself. I'm getting some serious Higurashi/Little Busters!/Kokoro Connect-vibes from this show, so unless you can't tell, I'm really excited. Like, I haven't felt this excited in at least three years.

Also, I'm reading this manga, Oyasumi Punpun (pretty famous, so if no one's heard of it before I'll be really disappointed), at the recommendation of a classmate who's writing his specialization subject in Norwegian class about it (biggest assignment in all of high school). I'm at chapter 90 and something, and I've got to say, it's probably the best manga I've ever read. Most crazy&surreal-but-still-quite-down-to-earth shit I've ever seen.
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Started East of Eden. Pretty good so far.