The "This Link Doesn't Work" Topic

Started by WiiMan96, August 07, 2009, 03:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiMan96

Thread locked because of redundancy, please use: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=5416.0

Roz~

The MIDI for the Decisive battle from FFVI doesn't work either.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

GreekGeek

Perhaps some one should ask to sticky this :)
Haven't found any corrupt links myself though...

Cobraroll

"Slide" from SM64. The .mid is there, but it's horrible. The bass is twice as strong as it's meant to be, and continues for three times as long as the main melody does.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

WiiMan96

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 08, 2009, 07:58:31 AM"Slide" from SM64. The .mid is there, but it's horrible. The bass is twice as strong as it's meant to be, and continues for three times as long as the main melody does.

So... is it significantly different from the MUS playback, or is it meant to be like that? It it a problem with the MIDI or is the sheet total crap? :P

GreekGeek

A lot of Maestro's links to mediafire.com are corrupt, but that could also be a problem with my computer. Just wanted to say that.

WiiMan96

Quote from: GreekGeek on August 08, 2009, 02:36:28 PMA lot of Maestro's links to mediafire.com are corrupt, but that could also be a problem with my computer. Just wanted to say that.

Thank you for saying that, then. ;)

Quote from: WiiMan96 on August 07, 2009, 03:25:32 PMPost here if you have problems with broken links or corrupt files with sheets on the site.

Cobraroll

Quote from: WiiMan96 on August 08, 2009, 02:25:00 PM
Quote from: Cobraroll on August 08, 2009, 07:58:31 AM"Slide" from SM64. The .mid is there, but it's horrible. The bass is twice as strong as it's meant to be, and continues for three times as long as the main melody does.

So... is it significantly different from the MUS playback, or is it meant to be like that? It it a problem with the MIDI or is the sheet total crap? :P
Yes. No. Yes. Yes.

Listen for yourself, it's a tad hard to explain. Just scroll about one third into the MIDI, and listen.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

WiiMan96

Cobraroll

I still get that problem. Do any others also hear that tune as if a jackhammer worked in the background?

EDIT: Also, what's up with SMG's "End Title Duet"?

WiiMan96

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 09, 2009, 06:43:11 AMI still get that problem. Do any others also hear that tune as if a jackhammer worked in the background?

I can't fix it. I've just added it to the list above so that an updater (ie. Nintendude) can fix them. ;)

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 09, 2009, 06:43:11 AMAlso, what's up with SMG's "End Title Duet"?

Look up June 25th's update. Concerto said "Broken link - Working on it D:" and he's been gone a while. I'll add it, but you might want to PM him and remind him upon his return. :D

GreekGeek: Yes. Someone should. ;)

Nintendude73

OK, let's see if I can fix some of these.  I wish I'd known about this thread sooner!

Edit: (You will probably have to CTRL+F5 the MIDI page to hear the fixed/new one.  I also went ahead and fixed formatting on sheets where it's applicable, though I didn't edit any for potential sheet errors)

-Medley is fixed.
-I actually have a revised version of Decisive Battle from Commander6, so that will be fixed when I upload the new one
-Slide is fixed (even though the arrangement seems like it could use some work).  Remember to CTRL+F5 on the midi page or you won't notice the difference.
-I can't fix a broken MUS since I don't have the file, sorry

WiiMan96

Thank you, on behalf of everyone! I've put notes up on my post for those which are 'in progress' so we don't have 20 people saying:

Quote from: Some random 20 people or so who are going to repeat stuff which has already become knownEND TITLE DUET EEZ BWOKE!  :'( :'( :'(

;)

Thanks for the sticky, Great Banhammer Wizard!

Nintendude73

Hmmm.  That must have been JaMaHa or Concerto or something.  I wish I'd thought to sticky it. D:

Ironically, I have new versions of The Decisive Battle for both FFVI and FFV.

Maybe it's not that ironic but I find it funny. :P