News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I dressed up as Maestro, but I got sick of it (hence why I stopped). As a matter of fact, my ego swelled up to at least twice its original size.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Dude

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 20, 2016, 06:30:53 PM[His] ego swelled up to at least twice its original size.
that sounds like a line from a children's book

Dudeman

And then, the true meaning of banning came through,
and the mod gained the strength of ten Maestros, plus two!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

EFitTrainr

Did you know that purple rhymes with orange, since they both rhyme with nothing?

Made ya think!
I like food.

mikey

I think I may actually have adhd but the hyperactivity manifests itself a bit differently than normal
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

So I casually rejoined the PokeCA team a few minutes ago and I figured out that they still don't have the battle themes. I'm super hyped and nervous. I'm going to create a battle theme in one day, while working probably twice as hard as I did on my song that took 4 days to make.  ;D

mikey

long
I'm so tired.  I must be a terrible person, because I'm getting tired of it all.  Feminism, racism, gay-ism, Catholicism.  All of it.  I must be a terrible person, because otherwise I would care.  Maybe I'm looking at facebook too much.  But it's on the news too.  If you don't want to be treated like criminals, why are you staging riots and vandalism?  Why does everyone care so much?  Why does everyone feel such a need to be heard?  Maybe I'm just too much of a control freak.  I accept that I can't change people's minds or opinions and that I shouldn't bother trying.  It's simply not worth the effort.  Maybe I'm too much of a devil's advocate.  That's the politically correct way of saying I like to argue.  Political correctness can politely stuff itself.  I can't say "LGBTQ" (LBTGQ?  LTBGQ? LGBTQ?  BLTGQ?).  It's just too difficult for me to get all the letters out in the right way.  Maybe I order too much Subway.  Children used to be able to work.  They got paid and treated like crap.  Now they're not allowed to work.  I guess nobody cares about what children want.  It's their parents' responsibility anyway.  You're gay.  I get it.  I don't care.  You're straight.  I get it.  I don't care.  Equality.  You're a woman.  I don't understand you whatsoever.  That's ok.  Equality.  Harrison Bergeron was extremely talented in a world where everyone was equal.  The only disadvantage he had was a name that you couldn't say out loud without giggling.  Men have waffle brains.  Women have spaghetti brains.  Both taste great, but one is a breakfast food and one is a dinner food.  Guys, Donald Trump isn't going to take away your civil rights.  He can't.  As desicable of a person as he is, if he gets elected he still has to follow the rules.  It's not like he's FDR (though he could end up being similar).  Hillary Clinton is strictly better than Donald Trump, but Seacoast Drake is strictly better than Storm Crow, and Seacoast Drake is utter garbage.  Evan McMullin yo.  Now there's a guy whose platform I don't actually know.  But he's a nice guy, and he was in the military.  Sure, why not.  Mia Love for Congress?  You're a black woman.  Diversity!  Except you're a mean person, and your commercials are cringey.  No, I'm not voting for you just because you're the republican representative and I'm conservative.  I don't like you, sorry.  "You're a straight white male, you will literally never understand."  That's not discriminatory at all, because I'm a straight white male.  Thanks to my privilege in society, discrimination simply can't apply to me.  Maybe I will never understand.  But if you say it's because I'm a straight white male, you're acknowledging differences that exist between sexual orientations, races, and sex.  Look, humans are uncharacteristically categorical.  We store every bit of information we ingest by categorizing it.  It's in our nature.  So are heuristics.  Stereotypes exist for a reason.  Why does everyone get offended so easily?  In elementary school we were warned of the logic of "Can't you take a joke?"  Outside of school we were told the age-old, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."  Words are the most powerful weapon man has the capacity to use.  I have a habit of choosing my words poorly.  Maybe that's why I speak so little.  Maybe it's just because I'm boring and have nothing to say.  The world may never know, because I don't talk.  You want to get an abortion?  That's your problem, not mine.  Why are you telling me?  Oh, you're not actually getting an abortion.  You're trying to tell me that women can get an abortion.  I think they shouldn't, but what do I know?  What do I matter?  If elected in 2036, I promise to not care one bit, and that's a promise.  I still go outside and I don't see any sexism or racism.  I guess there are more mexicans here in utah than there were in minnesota, but that's probably to be expected, right?  Heuristics.  In Chicago, black people kill more black people than any other race.  But is that just because there's a bigger representation of black people there?  The world may never know.  Back in the 60's, black people collectively called themselves "Negroes".  My Racism in America teacher told me that the younger generation wanted to be cool, so they called themselves black instead.  Now black people call each other a word that to be honest I'm not even comfortable typing.  Taboo.  Stigma.  Like sex.  Back in middle school, everyone was too afraid to actually say sex.  It was taboo.  Not Tabuu.  Focus.  Tabuu is probably a virgin.  Maybe I do care.  Maybe that's the reason I'm sitting here typing instead of sleeping.  Why do others believe differently than I do?  Can't they see what I see?  Am I alone?  I think I'm alone.  Alone in this sea of human beings.  Nobody should try to control the actions of another person.  It's a fundamental truth that all of us have the capacity to choose and make decisions, and that's part of being human.  Also, screw the federal government.  They take 100 out of my paycheck each week.  Saving up for a mission is a ton harder with you guys stealing my hard earned money to pay for useless things like roads and schools and stuff.  Seriously, just turn one lane of every major highway in your state into an HOV lane, maybe pay businesses an incentive to promote carpooling, emissions go down 30%.  Move the shoulder over to make room for a bike lane, pay businesses an incentive for biking as well as free bike parking, bam, emissions go down another 10%.  Swap out whatever gross crap you guys use to make roads right now with something like cement or wood, I dunno, and bam you no longer have to repair the road twice a year.  Do we really need a multiple trillion dollar deficit to do that?  Come on.  The president makes 400k a year.  The founding fathers debated making none of the government positions paid.  I can bet behind that.  Congress collectively makes over 50 million a year.  Granted, there are a lot of them.  Pay them minimum wage.  Yeah right you can't live off of minimum wage.  Maybe you'd be homeless, but you could still live.  And what kind of job even pays minimum wage anymore?  I'd have to look REALLY hard to find a job that paid less than 10 or so an hour.  And you can definitely pay rent off of that.  Unless, of course, the government takes it all.  I really have to change my withholdings.  Why does money have to be king?  Why can't the president just be king?  That happened in the 40's.  We went into major debt and created like 100,000 jobs that lasted for 2 years each.  And we threw a ton of japs into prison.  GJ man, you're the greatest.  You completely ignored your checks and balances and did whatever the heck you wanted.  We're all proud of you.  I hate Utah.  The smog here is so bad because of the population and the mountains, and with the light pollution you can't even see the stars.  I like the stars.  I like looking out into unfathomable distances and thinking with some degree of comfort that someone made it all.  What's that?  You don't believe in God?  You're a fool, but that makes you the same as I, regardless of what we believe.  Have you ever heard of the Pink Tax?  At some point the crazy not real feminists went on a rampage over the fact that women's hygiene products cost more than men's hygiene products.  Well, why not just buy the men's products then?  Oh, because they're different and have different ingredients and do different things for longer naturally curly hair.  Ok then.  Maybe that's why it's more expensive?  Maybe not.  Maybe I'm just arguing.  There's a difference between arguing and discussing, but I haven't found that difference yet.  Maybe when I'm older I'll understand.
[close]
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

Ooh, controversial wall of text, though I can hardly tell if it's copy-pasta or not.

If it isn't.
I'd just like to point out that I disagree with a bunch of the stuff written in there. I acknowledge that a lot of that is fact, too. The general idea is simply "I'm done with controversy", and I sort of agree with that, but a lot of the issues aren't going to be resolved by completely ignoring them. The reason people are so open about sexuality/race/gender issues is to try to change them for the better. Discriminative people aren't going to just show themselves. It is the nature of the country that dictates who becomes the leader. Yes, there are people who overreact about "controversial" things too. There are also people who abuse feminism/sexism to get their own way. There are transgender people who go in a complete uproar if you refer to them by what gender they look like, instead of what they "prefer", even though no one could guess that straight away. There are people who go in a complete uproar even if you literally don't say anything because they want to shove their sexuality into your face. There are "non-racist/sexist" people who stereotype old white men as racist and/or sexist. There are poor people who are suffering. There are rich people doing nothing about it. Then there are the people who stay silent and do nothing to stop these issues, disregarding the problems that don't immediately concern them and not taking into consideration the people who are genuine about these issues. Without people pointing out these issues and fighting against them, they would never be resolved. True, it is annoying when people try to abuse that, try to shove it into your face or make hypocritical statements, but those people should be easily distinguishable, and should not be considered the important part of the picture. The important part of the picture is what the original cause is. If a cause is claiming "equality", but is strictly giving more right to a sex, race or sexuality, then avoid it. There are definitely causes which are genuinely equal, but they may be harder to find. The world may not seem like the nicest place, but now is the time when the human race is trying to change things for the better.
[close]

There are probably so many flaws in that chunk of text lol. I'm rather tired myself. Let's just try to avoid this becoming a big debate.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

cashwarrior1

Sebastian

SlowPokemon

Hey Noc I'm gay and proud and that's absolutely fine.

Sure do enjoy falling in love with men despite being a man myself and I'm so glad I can do that in today's world because people are starting to graduate from the thought processes you just described. "I don't care" isn't acceptance. It's basic human tolerance.

Also black lives matter and they want to be heard because racism is real. Staging riots and protests is a way to get your point across (and may I add that these same tactics were used by the founding fathers you so often talk about even though they're not really relevant). You're falling into the trap of assuming problems don't exist or aren't that severe simply because they don't apply to you. Things that you may naturally assume to be true don't hold true for every single other person in the world. Look, I don't claim to be a saint in this area. Nobody "doesn't see race" or ignores it completely, and I have to acknowledge that because of society and my status as a white man, I have some racist tendencies. But I'm working on it and trying to be aware of it, because when a black person says something is racist, it's not my job to get defensive and say "but I'm not racist!" It's my job to acknowledge the fact that whether or not I thought it was racist, it's possible that there's an aspect of it that I can't see or understand and do some serious thinking.

Don't fall into the trap so many people do of having no empathy for people who aren't like them. I'd really love to see you at least try to accept that other people's experiences are vastly different from yours.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I also like have no empathy in general though
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.