News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Cobraroll

Ahh... I quite like it. For a first version, that is.

First, I think you should have a bridge between the verses. Also, the intro (eight first measures) plays only once. Put the repeat at the beginning of measure 9 instead.

Last, I think it would have been cool to include the part that comes after the two verses, as shown from 2:04 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0
That's almost a minute worth of melody.

As a side note, the verses are marginally different melody wise. But I really think you should keep the repeat as it is, as it would be too hard to notice the difference when the song is played on piano.

Great work!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

Thanks for your comment. I will try to fix that (when I have time). My next projects will be the jigglypuff song (yeah!) and the beautiful song "The time has come" from Season 1.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

dahans

Cobraroll

As I said on MSN:

*applause*

This is awesome. Really.

Now, only to enter the possibly bureaucratic process of getting this accepted to the site. It's too good not to get some recognition, at least. Not to mention that I've looked for sheets for this song earlier, and found nothing, so arrangements of the Pokémon Theme are few and far between.

Now well. If the rules clearly state "game songs only" (a rule the Pikmin Theme would have violated before SSBB came out), we can put it under Donkey Konga.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

OOOH! I loved the Poke theme! <3 My favorite m=part was around 120 to the end, but then again I can't play that :P ;) I loved it! Hope it gets put for submission.

dahans

dahans

Cobraroll

*coughmeasure59cough*

Basically, the last measure is very unplayable. Other than that, it's a good arrangement.

raymondbl

???  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

how is measure 59 unplayable?  It's rolled, so you can do 52121 or 53131. 

dahans

You are right raymondbl. Do you like the arrangment?

pumpy_heart

Heyyy. Nice arrangements overall. I really liked your version of Canalave City.

Here is the original Corner Theme from R/B/Y. As you can hear, the keys between your arrangement and this one is different. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voO-DGr0K4w
Unless there was some technical stuff the original had messed up, the key was fine. It sounds good in your arrangement, just not in the correct key.

In Onett, the Bass starting at Measure 13 sounds right, but is nigh impossible to play on a piano, just because of the weight of the key. You can keep it if you want, just quite hard to play.

But good job overall. :)

dahans

Yeah! Finally a person who comments (apart from Cobraroll and sometimes Universe :D). Thank you very much for you critical statement. As you can see, I try to be "creative". If there is anything you want to be arranged, or anything you want to be changed just tell me. :D

universe-X

I voted that you should do some request stuff. :P Your own choice would be great too.

Cobraroll

I think the key of the Corner Theme screwed up when we changed key signature on it. If you compare to the one on site, you'll see that dahans' version begins two keys higher.

Should be an easy fix.

dahans

Quote from: universe-X on April 27, 2010, 09:02:09 PMI voted that you should do some request stuff. :P Your own choice would be great too.
Thanks for voting. :D

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 27, 2010, 11:15:51 PMI think the key of the Corner Theme screwed up when we changed key signature on it. If you compare to the one on site, you'll see that dahans' version begins two keys higher.

Should be an easy fix.

Does a replacement count as an arrangment in the update thread?