News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Video Game Music Appreciation

Started by universe-X, December 29, 2009, 06:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Let's just do the whole thing. ;) 'Tis easier that way. I'm not on a real cpu, right now, so I'll do it later.

universe-X

The Prelude (Final Fantasy VII)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_jA-zmzsRA

This song is so serene in a way that you wish to be invisible, to float, to break free of any chains that try to hold you, and you don't even have to try. You are free to do anything you want. I absolutely love this song. It's simplicity and difficulty counteract in a way that balance each other out perfectly. Have fun...

Maretocks

Alright, I suggested this one, so I'll comment. The rest of you should be ashamed. >.>

I think this song describes the Final Fantasy games perfectly. The song shows a lot of freedom, but also has a melancholy tone to it. Such is Final Fantasy. I see this as a definitively sad song, but at the same time calming and free. It has an unending rhythm that seems to make you want to keep going, no matter what. You have to trudge along, then when it changes to major at the end, you feel like you've gone through a dark tunnel at come to the light at the end. Which, again, is a lot like the FF games. The character's personal struggles they overcome. So yeah, this song is like a dark tunnel. IMO, haha.

Also, it's so damn hard to play. :S Still can't to the arpeggios on the left hand after like a month.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

^^ Well put! And if I may suggest, use the right hand for rhythms like that. Especially since the left hand will kick in a little later in the song. But, for the beginning, you could surely combine both hands.

As for the song, it's mood is happy and sad, more like a countermelody (I hope I am correct). And last, but not least, I would definitely listen to this song to get myself to sleep. (Maybe at a lower volume)  :D

Maretocks

Quote from: universe-X on February 05, 2010, 05:37:24 PM^^ Well put! And if I may suggest, use the right hand for rhythms like that. Especially since the left hand will kick in a little later in the song. But, for the beginning, you could surely combine both hands.
Meh, I watched w3sp play it and thought, "Yeah, I'll copy him." So I'm playing the chords on the right, with the arpeggios on the left. And, I may have misunderstood, I do use both hands at the beginning of the song.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

Sorry Dude, for practically skipping your song! :P We'll try again.

Lunatic Princess- Kaguya's Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw2WQjqKpVM

For starters, this song is very... Asian. XD It uses those classic "Asian-style" instruments very well. It's fast pace gives you a great adventure to think about, too. The scattered notes, the tempo, the instruments, they play well with each other. I can just imagine a drive along, like, a bridge over water, but it's really a chase that I just go with. Really cool. Any other opinions?

Dude

God I love this song.

All of ZUN's songs have been absolutely epic. Considering he does all the artwork, music, programming, script, etc I think his best area is music.

KefkaticFanatic

The entire Mass Effect 2 soundtrack is awesome.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Eh, I'm probably just gonna leave this topic open for anyone who likes music from a specific game(s).

Carry on.