The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Had two cavities filled. I feel like a chipmunk.

DrP

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on April 04, 2012, 11:09:43 AMFor the first time in forever the weather decided to clear up.
What's really sad is that whenever I go outside, I start squinting even when I'm in the shade, like a vampire. Is that how everybody is in Washington?  All I know is it's a big change from Texas. That's for sure.  :(
I'm like that every morning when I walk outside, because everything inside has been dark. When you're in dark places for a long period of time, it takes a while to adjust... about 5 minutes for me. And I was wearing sunglasses this morning..

In other news...

I was listening to my professor in my Business & Society course about how there will be a teacher's union vote in about 2 weeks to strike or not. Over the past 8 years, student costs have been rising at higher rates than in the past and professors wanted to help out by taking minimal paycuts or freezes while the funding gets back on track... however, over those years, other "college administrators" have been taking record pay INCREASES, and therefore the professors are fucking pissed... especially with the nice pay package they gave to our new university president last year (290k Salary, State Paid: Car, House, Food, SPENDING UP TO $1000 A MONTH, on-campus purchases and other benefits given to normal state employees). The UC system is the worst, having 39 of the top 50 paid state employees in Education in the State (the highest being Cal's Football Coach at $2 million). The state is in financial trouble and they need to realize those fucking administrators are using STATE FUNDs for overly inflated salaries... Corporate CEOs have limitations, higher up state employees should too...

EFitTrainr

I keep getting hacked by the same damn person because I never sign out of Ninsheet on this computer...SHADOWKIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knock it off, dude, I wanna check it, too.
I like food.

spitllama

Wow, just wow. I don't think I've every found someone SO BAD at Zelda games. One of my hallmates was playing Wind Waker and I was like "oooo mi favorito" and he was like "want to watch me" and I was like "suuuure."

So he starts playing, and immediately I realize he's using the guidebook for the whooole thing. Turns out he had never beaten the game before. So of course I tell him that it's more fun without it cause you get to solve the puzzles and stuff. He tells me he's bad at puzzles and I blew it off.

Then it happened.

He sucks. So much xD We're good pals so of course I harassed him a lot. He would forget how to simply look up after doing it 2 minutes earlier, or not realize you have to shoot the eyes on a giant octorok, or see the giant rock in the Earth Temple (with all the notes on it) and not realize you have to use the Wind Waker, or set a bomb and not think to move out of the way. Some of the problem-solving skills just don't come natural to him lol.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Agh registration early tomorrow. I have GOT to get into one of these classes or I am screwed.
Submissions Page

KefkaticFanatic

The merits of having enough bonus credits from high school years to put me a class standing above normal :>

me irl
[close]

spitllama

Submissions Page

DrP

^Here we are extremely screwed because of class cuts and large student populations.

I took a priority this quarter and I still didn't get one of the classes I need. One of my accounting classes filled up... they never usually fill up at our level. I only need 11 more classes to graduate. So I can have some leeway next year with one quarter, but still... ugh...

Also,
our Wind Bands are going on tour to Ireland, Scotland and England next summer... and I could go if only I didn't have to be doing an internship... IT REALLY SUCKS. I've always wanted to go to Ireland.

Evolvix 85

I have always wanted go in an other country, and this summer we had to go to it, but today my mum said:"We won't go to London beacuse it is too expansive". The same thing that she had said last year.

Ruto

It would be much more expensive for Americans if that helps XD Which is a shame, London sounds great...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Winter

Work. Family. Money. People.

Why do we have those tings. Work makes sense. But the people there....

SlowPokemon

So heartbroken with bitter disappointment :'( I mean this time I legitimately thought this girl liked me... I'm not gonna dwell on it and become emo Slow but that really depressed me... I really thought she liked me...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

:(

Poor Slow...you can text me if you'd like to talk.

Stuff like that makes me think that sort of thing's not worth it at all. Hobbies are the only things that don't ever disappoint -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.