The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

I was gonna try to talk you out of it, but I'm assuming your personal text means someone already has? If so, I'm glad you're still alive. I, nor anyone else here, would ever want you gone. :D
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Hero of Trains

Yeah, she just went to go get some food a few minutes ago (I was PMing with her) And we're all definitely very glad!
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

FireArrow

That's great! I hope she can live to have a long happy life!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm so glad that all the people here could help you, Maya.
what is shitpost

Dude

Why would you want to kill yourself? You have a pretty good life. See that roof over your head? Notice how it's a comfortable temperature? Your belly full of food? That bed you sleep in? Plenty of people would kill to have a life like yours, and yet you're willing to just throw it away? Do you not realize how fortunate you are? Oh, no one likes you? What about the people who tolerate you enough to try and stop you from hurting or killing yourself? Your life is fine, so shut up about how bad you think it is!

mayastarr041

Quote from: Dude on July 20, 2015, 06:32:02 PMWhy would you want to kill yourself? You have a pretty good life. See that roof over your head? Notice how it's a comfortable temperature? Your belly full of food? That bed you sleep in? Plenty of people would kill to have a life like yours, and yet you're willing to just throw it away? Do you not realize how fortunate you are? Oh, no one likes you? What about the people who tolerate you enough to try and stop you from hurting or killing yourself? Your life is fine, so shut up about how bad you think it is!
Heheh
I wish it was that simple. What about all these scars on me? The scars that bring unmeasurable pain? The guilt that never goes away? The body that has been violated? The hands that have been ironed? The pain?!
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Well, to be fair, those scars are inflicted by you :P
what is shitpost

Dude

WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT SO FUCKING BAD?? IMAGINE BEING AN ORPHAN IN AFRICA, FUCKING STARVING WITH NO FUCKING PARENTS. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE THEM INSTEAD?

Pianist Da Sootopolis

WADR (with all due respect, I'm starting that now), shouting through an internet forum won't help.
what is shitpost

Nebbles

All right, let me jump in here with this whole "but you do you really have it that bad??" argument that I detest so much.

Never, ever do that. You are going to end up invalidating whatever the person is feeling. Just because someone supposedly has it worse, doesn't mean that other people are allowed to suffer. So what if people have it worse? Does their suffering suddenly become nullified because some people off in different areas have it worse? Is their pain, their trauma, all irrelevant? You shouting at someone who's suffering is not going to help. If someone is hurting, listen to them. Let them speak their peace, let their feelings be recognized and validated. Don't you dare undermine someone's suffering in an attempt to make them feel like they shouldn't be sad because "someone has it worse".
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Alright guys let's dial it back a bit. Tensions are high and let's not let this turn into a case of "I can out pity you". Because that doesn't solve anything. Maya, you have a network of people here who are already willing, and trying, to cheer you up and help you out of your depression. I suggest if you keep talking with these lovely people in a private medium, like PMs or in a chat room, and not in a public space like this as it's now starting to border on spam. I don't mean to discourage your desire to talk or anything, because clearly you want to talk, but when a line of conversation devolves into two parties saying the same thing over and over, it's technically spam, and it clutters the forum.

Dude, guilt shaming someone for their depression is just uncool.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

*gets arm sliced open* OW!
Stop crying, that guy over there has his arm chopped off!
I think it's worth reminding yourself you could be a lot worse off, but don't ignore your own feelings because of it.
what is shitpost

Dude

mayastarr041

Quote from: Dude on July 20, 2015, 06:37:37 PMWHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT SO FUCKING BAD?? IMAGINE BEING AN ORPHAN IN AFRICA, FUCKING STARVING WITH NO FUCKING PARENTS. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE THEM INSTEAD?
Hey Dude, I'm really sorry. Guess I was being an arrogant brat. I should stop saying all these negative things about me. It's just that I'm in pain right now. Please understand. I'm really sorry for acting like this. Please forgive me.  :'(

mayastarr041

Quote from: TheRevengeofTheFallen on July 20, 2015, 06:58:44 PMoh man, i love you dude. teach that bitch maya a fucking lesson. you cunt
no one fucking cares if you want to commit suicide. just fucking do it you idiot!
at least dude speaks sense.
And will you shut up? Who do you think you are?