News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Quote from: Dude on August 17, 2015, 03:05:51 PMIt was a lot of things.

Probably mostly tactfulness though. I'm always being nice...but some people take it the wrong way...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Dudeman

Generally your niceness ended up in the wrong boards. I'm not sure if the Nebbles obsession counts as "niceness", though...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Ruto

Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 16, 2015, 08:24:42 AMWell it's finally over... After 3 years together, my boyfriend and I have split up... He moved to California, and I moved here to Orem Utah to go to school. He took our dog too, and I miss them both so much :'( It was a mutual breakup, at least, neither of us really wanted to, but it might be better this way... He's the only guy I've dated and I don't want to regret not having dated anyone else if he and I were to get married.
Anyway, I don't really know where to go or what to do from here... Just take it one day at a time I guess. I'm not sure how much or how little I'll be around here in the next few weeks while my broken heart recovers. :'(

Bahh :( Can't say I've been in exactly the same boat but I've been only *thinking* about someone for 5 years ._. >_>

Wait, why does he get the dog?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ThatGamer

Quote from: Dudeman on August 17, 2015, 06:47:13 PMGenerally your niceness ended up in the wrong boards. I'm not sure if the Nebbles obsession counts as "niceness", though...

Uh...that was just dumb. I don't think I was trying to be nice there...

Not even sure what I was thinking at all at that time...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

TheDreamingHawk

Well Nintendo PR claimed to have placed me on the review lists for two upcoming games for me to review, and both of said games are being given to seemingly all reviewers but me despite them telling me that I was put on the list. This is the second time this happened (First was Splatoon) and I'm really, really nervous they'll forget me again and sweep me under the rug despite the good reception my last review for them got from the PR company. Last time it happened my grandfather also got really mad and banned me from buying Splatoon at launch (thinking a "boycott" would make them change their minds when the PR company has nothing to do with game sales) so I'm also nervous he'll find out and ban me from getting Super Mario Maker with my own money. Gah... I'm so stressed beyond belief and I have nobody else to really talk to or vent about it

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on August 17, 2015, 07:40:34 PMWell Nintendo PR claimed to have placed me on the review lists for two upcoming games for me to review, and both of said games are being given to seemingly all reviewers but me despite them telling me that I was put on the list. This is the second time this happened (First was Splatoon) and I'm really, really nervous they'll forget me again and sweep me under the rug despite the good reception my last review for them got from the PR company. Last time it happened my grandfather also got really mad and banned me from buying Splatoon at launch (thinking a "boycott" would make them change their minds when the PR company has nothing to do with game sales) so I'm also nervous he'll find out and ban me from getting Super Mario Maker with my own money. Gah... I'm so stressed beyond belief and I have nobody else to really talk to or vent about it

What is nintendo pr? My initial thoughts would be nintendo power, but that was cancelled...

And I really can't comprehend what you are saying...your grandpa won't let you get splatoon for what reason?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 17, 2015, 07:44:04 PMWhat is nintendo pr? My initial thoughts would be nintendo power, but that was cancelled...
Google "PR"

"Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization (such as a business, government agency, or a nonprofit organization) and the public."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 17, 2015, 07:44:04 PMAnd I really can't comprehend what you are saying...your grandpa won't let you get splatoon for what reason?

An incredibly stupid reason. Basically because I didn't get the review copy my PR rep told me I would get (Because I was on the list) I got a bit frustrated and my grandfather noticed (Popping into my room to see what I was doing like always) so he became even more upset than I ever did, basically telling me stuff like "you can't spend your saved money on it, those jerks were cruel to you" and blowing it way out of proportion. I certainly know it wasn't an act of being mean, it just was some sort of unfortunate occurrence that they never explained to me for some reason. I've reviewed games for many other companies and sometimes things like this happen on rare occasions but in those cases they give me a reason and if it's website related (Like they think my site is too small) they tell me and I use that to work hard on improving my site. Nintendo PR did absolutely none of that and told me "we ran out" and nothing else.

I did get a review copy for Dr Mario Miracle cure so thankfully he lifted that stupid ban of his, but unfortunately at that point my funds were spent towards the Wave 4 amiibo on launch day instead so I never got to save for Splatoon at launch thanks to his stupid reasoning. I'm more excited for Super Mario Maker than I was with Splatoon so I'm determined to just buy it even if I can't get a review copy of it, as long as my grandfather doesn't ban me again...

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on August 17, 2015, 08:03:44 PMAn incredibly stupid reason. Basically because I didn't get the review copy my PR rep told me I would get (Because I was on the list) I got a bit frustrated and my grandfather noticed (Popping into my room to see what I was doing like always) so he became even more upset than I ever did, basically telling me stuff like "you can't spend your saved money on it, those jerks were cruel to you" and blowing it way out of proportion. I certainly know it wasn't an act of being mean, it just was some sort of unfortunate occurrence that they never explained to me for some reason. I've reviewed games for many other companies and sometimes things like this happen on rare occasions but in those cases they give me a reason and if it's website related (Like they think my site is too small) they tell me and I use that to work hard on improving my site. Nintendo PR did absolutely none of that and told me "we ran out" and nothing else.

I did get a review copy for Dr Mario Miracle cure so thankfully he lifted that stupid ban of his, but unfortunately at that point my funds were spent towards the Wave 4 amiibo on launch day instead so I never got to save for Splatoon at launch thanks to his stupid reasoning. I'm more excited for Super Mario Maker than I was with Splatoon so I'm determined to just buy it even if I can't get a review copy of it, as long as my grandfather doesn't ban me again...

Wait...so you're telling me you can get free games for reviewing nintendo products? See you guys next year!

Lol.

Anyways sorry to hear that. My dad is like that too. TOO spendthrift. Glad you can get it again though!

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 17, 2015, 08:08:39 PMWait...so you're telling me you can get free games for reviewing nintendo products? See you guys next year!

Lol.

Anyways sorry to hear that. My dad is like that too. TOO spendthrift. Glad you can get it again though!

Going into reviewing with the idea of free games is a terrible idea. I do it to give feedback straight to the developers and publishers, which is why I got frustrated that Nintendo seems to be strange when it comes to giving me copies I was told I would be getting earlier. Before Splatoon it also happened with Kirby and the Rainbow curse when they told me they had a copy ready for me and wanted my site address again, and when I sent it they went dead silent and told me later "we ran out" (It was worse IMO since they HAD my copy but somehow ran out or something?). I hate those three words in particular as I find it hard to believe you can run out of digital codes

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on August 17, 2015, 08:13:20 PMGoing into reviewing with the idea of free games is a terrible idea. I do it to give feedback straight to the developers and publishers, which is why I got frustrated that Nintendo seems to be strange when it comes to giving me copies I was told I would be getting earlier. Before Splatoon it also happened with Kirby and the Rainbow curse when they told me they had a copy ready for me and wanted my site address again, and when I sent it they went dead silent and told me later "we ran out" (It was worse IMO since they HAD my copy but somehow ran out or something?). I hate those three words in particular as I find it hard to believe you can run out of digital codes

Just stop doing it. Don't support cheaters.

And I love to review as well. Had my club nintendo review featured once...

TheDreamingHawk

Well today I got my official word back, and the rep I have for this week (My main one is away for the week...) told me to contact my other rep when he returns since he's the one who put me on the review list, despite me having forwarded the proof of me being put on the review list in the first place.  One week of waiting and by then I fear the review copies really will be gone at that point... Gah, I don't understand how other reviewers get copies of games they don't even ask for sometimes from NOA PR while I have difficulty getting any of them... I still work on reviews and my videos regardless of the outcome, but that doesn't mean I'm not frustrated.

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on August 18, 2015, 02:06:22 PMWell today I got my official word back, and it seems the rep I have for this week (My main one is away for the week...) isn't sure if my website qualifies for a review, or somehow thinks I don't own it as she told me after I forwarded the proof of me being put on the review list to contact my other rep when he returns... One week of waiting and by then I fear the review copies really will be gone at that point... Gah, I don't understand how other reviewers get copies of games they don't even ask for sometimes from NOA PR while I have difficulty getting any of them... I still work on reviews and my videos regardless of the outcome, but that doesn't mean I'm not frustrated.

I understand.

Dude

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 18, 2015, 02:07:39 PMI understand.
OK this was completely unnecessary. Please understand why we're all pissed off at you.

ThatGamer

Quote from: Dude on August 18, 2015, 02:33:47 PMOK this was completely unnecessary. Please understand why we're all pissed off at you.

I just wanted to tell him I understood no shame in that.