The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

I have my English RoSA Exam on Halloween, so I don't have much time to create many Halloween-themed arrangements/compositions. English also happens to be my least-favourite subject and UGH I HATE IT SO MUCH.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

You know, sometimes I feel that my lack of nationalism/patriotism is kind of sad. I don't really feel like an "American", whatever that term means, the great majority of the time. I've always just been the uber liberal atheist musician in Portland (where I have more of a sense of patriotism, albeit not much). Sometimes I wish it was different.
Then I see the Bundy gang let off completely free after literally taking up arms against the government, and I laugh.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Funny how you say that, because I in a way feel kind of the same as you. I don't really feel so "Swedish". In contrary to America, Sweden has kind of a culture of being "just enough", nothing to crazy and wild. It's fine if you cheer for Sweden in sports events and wave your flag there, but if you're taking it farther and goes around saying Sweden is better than everybody else that's nationalism... which is close to rasism which is bad. Kind of funny how your views about atheism, not being so patriotic and liberalism really is some core values in the Swedish culture.
But I however, in contrary to you, have throughout my entire life had strong opinions about things, when people like my dad and my brother talked about how it's nice that Sweden doesn't brag to much in politics and stuff, I disagreed and thought that Sweden so step forward and be proud of what we've done in the world and stuff. And after watching some American politics and culture stuff, I kind of like some American values and relate to them. Like the republican party and it's conservatism. But I don't really let it bother me that some of my opinions aren't that "Swedish". Instead I just hope for some change. There seem to be a rise of conservatism throughout Europe, which I in some ways like. And in Sweden a new party, The Sweden Democrats, has really rose into the politics from having below 4% of the votes to having like 20% of the votes. I kind of however think it's both good and bad, good in a way that they are a conservative party and have conservative views on politics, but also bad because the party has been accused of a lot of bad things and have had some really bad scandals.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

InsigTurtle

Well, yeah, I kinda feel the same, there's some (not really extreme, but strong) Canadian patriotism all over the country, and people light to put on bright red and white lights and play Canadian music and talk about mounties and beavers and maples, but to me, it doesn't feel right. And even though I'm ethnically Chinese, I don't feel a strong connection to the ricefields of my forefathers. I'm just an anomaly, I suppose, but I'm fine with it. I'm also technically American, but again, I don't feel like what an American should be. I'm just me.

WaluigiTime64

I fluctuate between feeling like an Australian, and feeling like this wierd mix of cultures/ethnicities (which I am).
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

SlowPokemon

I'm definitely American. I may hate a lot about America, but I do belong here. I feel that way pretty strongly, and if nothing else I'm proud to be from the same country as all the great American composers.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

For a long time I didn't have any sense of patriotism.  I pretty much didn't say the pledge of allegiance throughout most of elementary and middle school.  At some point I just learned a greater appreciation for how much effort went into making America what it is and what it represents.  It really is a great and beautiful nation and a lot of people worked hard to get to where we are today.  I understand the whole "this country sucks" feeling that you sometimes get when stuff like Donald trump nominations happen.  I think a lot of Americans feel the same way you do PDS but it's important to remember how unique and diverse America is and that's what gives it its strong patriotism
unmotivated

FireArrow

I don't have any strong allegiance to my nationality (American) or my ethnic background (Jewish) but I do have a feeling of "This is who I am right now and I'm proud of that."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 28, 2016, 04:15:33 PMIt really is a great and beautiful nation and a lot of people worked hard to get to where we are today.  I understand the whole "this country sucks" feeling that you sometimes get when stuff like Donald trump nominations happen.  I think a lot of Americans feel the same way you do PDS but it's important to remember how unique and diverse America is and that's what gives it its strong patriotism
You're forgetting to mention the long history of oppression we have (though I'm sure you're aware of it). I appreciate the secular values and emphasis on freedom America gives, but if we're going to accept those things, we also have to accept the slavery, Native American genocide, etc.
what is shitpost

mikey

You know what never mind go sit in your room and mope or something
Listen to linkin park
unmotivated

Bloop

E. Gadd Industries

-_-' well, regionals was today for Cross Country...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 28, 2016, 08:46:10 PMYou know what never mind go sit in your room and mope or something
Listen to linkin park
Because having a balanced view of the US is the same as being emo.. Or worse... A Linkin Park fan
what is shitpost