News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I talked to him more about it. As it turns out, he's scared she's driving to take me from him. Honestly I really would love it for this not to happen but hey teenage hormones are a thing so ha lmao
what is shitpost

AmpharosAndy

You seem to be very on top of it, which is good. I recommend just being frank about it with said partner.

(Very serious) example conversation:

PDS: Hey, mang.
Purtnar: Sup, muffinbabe?
PDS: This friend issue thingy is kind of a red flag situation ya get me yeh? Ya don't want ta be a crazy dominato weirdo, do yah?
Purtnar: I guess naht. Fanks for bein' franks, brofish.
PDS: Nah prob, bog. We gud?
Purtnar: We gud.
innit

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

E. Gadd Industries

Question, but introduced through a situation. Those involved:
Me
Victim (designated V)
Informant 1 & 2 (designated I1 & I2, respectively, and when collectively, Info)
Antagonist 1 & 2 (designated A1 & A2, respectively, and when collectively, Ant)

Firstly, Ant have been talking about anyone and everyone for quite a while now, and 100% behind people's backs. I myself have been subject to their indirect verbal abuse for quite a bit, but it doesn't bother me. I just brush it off & keep going on in life. Today, however, I1 told both me and V that A1 has been talking about V, and I2 attested to it. I am aware that Ant are very much hostile creatures, and neither Info have any reason to lie to either me or V. I wouldn't be so ticked off normally, but V moved here at the beginning of this school year, and has done nothing malicious to anyone. That, and V considered A1 to be her best friend. Now, Info and I tried to help V out, saying that A1 is toxic and that they have no dealings with A1. But V refuses to just accept that A1 will keep doing what they're doing, talking about everyone (including V), and V wants to make mends to their "friendship". I would be fine with that, but A1 is so set in their ways that there's no changing them. That, and V has an inferior disposition that would make them seem a pushover for Ant, making things worse despite "making mends". Info and I keep trying to convince V, but they still seem reluctant to simply drop A1.

So the question: what needs to be done?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Ask the magic conch shell
V (the person from that one movie? :O) will fix it by himself
unmotivated

Altissimo

tbh sometimes you just have to let people go through bad situations so they can learn it themselves. It sucks but it's part of life. You can't impart wisdom by talking. I've learned that the hard way.

Dudeman

Yeah, I hate to say it, but situations like this really can't be affected from the outside. You've done the best you can by providing V with perspective on the kind of person A1 really is and you've spoken the truth to the best of your knowledge. At this point, you can't do anything but hope they make the right decision. It's unfortunate, but it's all that you can do now.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Thanks guys. Caring about others sucks. Is there a way not to?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Altissimo

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 28, 2017, 03:52:16 PMThanks guys. Caring about others sucks. Is there a way not to?

ughhhh ur speaking my language

Dudeman

Caring about others is healthy and strengthens relationships. You cared enough to inform V of A1's intentions, and there's nothing bad about that.

E. Gadd Industries

I know, I know, but it stinks being let down so much by people being... people.

Quote from: Altissimo on April 28, 2017, 03:53:26 PMughhhh ur speaking my language
>_< its no fun
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

You have to die inside
Toss all you hold dear aside
In an asylum you must reside
An asylum from those who deride
Then just laugh at everything

Works like a charm
unmotivated

braix

I'm kinda realizing how much of a waste of space I am

I don't really know what more I can say to elaborate I've always been just total trash and I'm not really doing anybody a favor by existing
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.