The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

They'd have done a better job going for my laptop charger and my 3ds charger.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dude

i mean they're parents, what would you expect

Trainer Ave

I mean they know the difference. Anyway they were able to fix one and replace the other so all good I guess
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

The Deku Trombonist

What if it was the rats passive aggressively telling u to play less and spend more time with them?

Dudeman

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on April 15, 2018, 11:14:40 PMWhat if it was the rats passive aggressively telling u to play less and spend more time with them?
This also might not be a crazy possibility
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

Quote from: Trainer Ave on April 15, 2018, 09:46:56 PMI mean they know the difference. Anyway they were able to fix one and replace the other so all good I guess
sorry, forgot your parents generation isn't the same as my parents

I swear explaining what charger is for what is exhausting

mikey

JUST LOOK AT THE SHAPE MOM
IT'S LIKE A KIDDIE PUZZLE IT'S NOT HARD
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

tl:dr
I finished (probably) arranging Requiem for the Gods from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Which was insanly hard to arrange because of hard hard it was to transcribe. With blurry voices, and lots of stuff in the background, organs (hard to hear), notes you don't even know if they should be in or are just effects or hard to hear if they're even there, and a lot of details everywhere, and other stuff. Hardest song I've arranged by far (hardest to arrange).
What's the hardest song you've arranged (hardest to transcribe/arrange)?

Man just finished arranging Requiem for the Gods from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Or more so "actually finished" it rather than before (like a week or so ago), when I thought I was done with it but... not really was. And omg! That song was fucking crazy. I remember starting with it like a year or 2 ago I think, and was thinking "hmm sounds like a pretty cool song, might sound good on piano. And then started arranging it. And then started thinking "hmmm it's really really hard to actually hear what's going on here", and then later at the organ part ":o wtf! cluster here and there. What are those chords!?" .... And then later put it aside (sort of half gave up maybe), thinking that I might arrange it if I feel like it or not. As it seemed so hard to arrange. And I recently took it up during Christmas vacation, and thought I actually made it. And that I made it pretty well. But then I later looked deeper and omg, lol it was just crazy, so hard to hear. I got some help from a midi file, but then later, I think some of the notes were wrong in that file (small errors) so... y.... But to the point. I took it up now and started arranging it and omg, how hard it was. It has everything that is hard to transcribe. Voices and choirs, and organs. And then the voices are so blurry and with vibrato and other effects. And some notes you wonder if they are even supposed to be there or are just some effect. And just a lot of the voices in the background (so y, hard to hear). And a lot of details, like everywhere, lol. So y, insanely hard song. Difficulty level: beyond impossible! Might also be hard as I wanted it to sound well on piano (which was hard), so had to check some things. And it might also be that I've been a bit stressy, with having started school and just wanting to finish this (at the same time). But still, crazy hard song. Hardest song I've ever arranged by far. I was so hard that even with all my tools (equalized, tune up octave song, slow down etc.) I still had a really really hard time hearing it. But y, now it's pretty much done, I think lol.

What's the hardest song you've arranged (hardest to transcribe/arrange)?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: braix on May 04, 2017, 01:56:58 PMHow to become a mod on NSM:

Step 1: Profit.
Step 2: ??

I was searching the forums for something similar this... It's got my hopes up lol. It's was all a joke, like my life
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Wooooo more rebooting

I got an email today around 11am saying I had to complete some sort of information security training to remain in line with university policy. Cool, great, added to my to-do list for a weekend task or something, because I already had a lot going on today. I checked my email a bit ago (which is very unlike me to do that after 5pm) and I'd gotten one at like 6pm saying that I was now in violation of university policy because the training was due today.

The email I'd gotten at 11am was the first I'd heard of this refresher course in a year. There was no mention of it being due TODAY.

Needless to say, I had to throw aside my nightly chores to get this done, which adds even more to my already-packed schedule tomorrow. And it didn't even matter bc I'm still in violation of university policy because oops, I guess it's on me for not setting a reminder on my phone to go off once a year to complete this waste of time "training" anyway. Like, excuse me? Hello? Did anyone in :sparkles:Information Security Operations:sparkles: think this through?

Additionally I am very romantically frustrated at the moment, but that's another story for another time. It's just all coming together in the worst possible way in my life But this little incident the university is trying to pin on me for being irresponsible is the straw that broke the camel's back today. Good night.

EDIT: If I find another typo on this forum from my posts, particularly my phone autocorrecting "woooo" to Wooton, I'm going to throw my phone.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 18, 2023, 11:16:03 PMThe email I'd gotten at 11am was the first I'd heard of this refresher course in a year. There was no mention of it being due TODAY.
universities suck at communication

unfortunately, this is the rule, not the exception :(
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

Oh look, this has been revived.

THE BAND DIRECTOR DID NOT TELL ME THAT WE HAD NO BAND TODAY, SO WE DROVE 45 MINUTES AWAY FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY. AND THAT ALSO GAVE ME AN EXTENDED BREAKFAST TIME. I LOVE MY BAND DIRECTOR.

...OK, I'm done.
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Tobbeh99

Bought some sheet music yesterday. I find it sooooo annoying when you got a bunch of different versions of the same piece. I bought Bach french suites, for what I found to be a quite good price, actually I only wanted to play the menuet in the 3rd suite (which is the tetris theme C), but figured I could buy that album since it was a pretty good price for all the suites. But then, I think when I watched it on youtube, I felt like the video I watched had a different version than mine. Although I though since it said "urtext" and also had a lot of baroque ornaments, mine got to be the "right" version. But I started looking into it, and investigated a lot. And after a while I come to the conclusion that there are multiple versions of that piece. One "earlier" version and then later "revised" or "embellished" versions. ... ... ... And I had apparently bought the embellished version. To be honest, I must have been quite blind as it actually says on the front cover "embellished version", but apparently I didn't notice that. I guess I only looked at the "urtext" one and thought it was the original manucripts.

So annoying when they label the sheet music "urtext" which makes you think it's the original sheet music, but then is a different version. It was not the first time either this happened. Earlier I bought a book with various Liszt pieces, which I later found out that the Hungarian Rapsody no.2 was some sort of simplified version, and even in a different key - C-minor. .... annoying.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

Yeah... urtext basically doesn't mean anything nowadays. Henle literally calls all of their editions "urtexts" but they also put fingering suggestions in everything, so it's sort of a nonsense label.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

The Deku Trombonist