News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

Haha yeah you do I think the first gen soundtracks are great
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I love the first gen's music, tbh
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

The music of gen1 was fantastic. I loved how a lot of it was more like three voice counterpoint, which is something that seems lost nowadays. Even the transition to gen2 music added a definitive "bass" voice to most tracks, being not only lower than all other voices, but incorporating an accompaniment that basically defines a homophonic texture. Just about everything after gen2 became less unique and seemed more like stereotypical soundtrack music.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 01, 2016, 09:38:24 PMa homophobic texture.
You, uh, might wanna reread that. :P

But I agree heartily. Although I think Gen 3 does more than be "stereotypical soundtrack music," I think Gen 2's soundtrack was amazing at using all three voices as both melodic and accompaniment lines at the same time.

EDIT: ninja'd by edit oh well
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Beat you to it (see the timestamps)

Bad autocorrect!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 01, 2016, 09:43:50 PMBeat you to it (see the timestamps)

Bad autocorrect!
Yeah, I was typing up my response as you edited it. I had a good feeling you'd notice before long but it was funny enough in context that I quoted it anyway.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dudeman on May 01, 2016, 09:42:55 PMI think Gen 2's soundtrack was amazing at using all three voices as both melodic and accompaniment lines at the same time.

It isn't too far from gen1, but there are major differences. Gen2 totally makes use of less melodic supporting lines, one way being what I said above by incorporating a bass line in a lower register.  Speaking of that, that was another great thing about Gen1 music: often times the bass voice was in the same register as the other two voices, which was something I thought was really cool I would love for them to try again in the future.

Nitro Indigo

On an unrelated note, here's something I've been thinking about for a while. A lack of Pokémon... unused music that probably would've gone into a plot-important scene... released right at the end of the 5th generation... was Gates to Infinity rushed?
(It also has noticeably long load times [for a cartridge game], which a lot of rushed games also have, but that's probably just association fallacy. Christmas Rushed =/= Obvious Beta.)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

cashwarrior1

Back on topic. XD
I honestly feel that gen 1 and gen 2's music are really weird... on piano. I don't enjoy listening or looking at the songs on the piano, but in the actual games, it sounds way better.

Nitro Indigo

Shortly after making that post, I read a Tumblr post suggesting that GTI and Super were both developed under a time limit.

I really like HGSS' music. They can somehow have electric guitars co-existing with relaxing instruments.

I also watched a video about Gen 1 on Virtual Console yesterday. Why did people honestly believe they were going to be remakes...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Altissimo

I still have a theory that original RSE had some cut content

SlowPokemon

I mean the sprites for Shellos were found in the data of Ruby and Sapphire but I think that's it as far as anything Game Freak has said they cut from that game

JDMEK5

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on May 02, 2016, 04:20:34 AMI really like HGSS' music. They can somehow have electric guitars co-existing with relaxing instruments.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

That's trashy and irrelevant

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it