News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nitro Indigo

Not Pokémon, but ever heard of Vortexy? Her Zelda theories are pretty good.

I dislike it when people make speculation videos where they act like they're reporting facts... DX
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on May 03, 2016, 11:24:19 AMI dislike it when people make speculation videos where they act like they're reporting facts... DX
Same, especially when they say something in the title of the video and do not talk about it at all in the video.

Nitro Indigo

Recently, Bird Keeper Toby made a video where he "explained" the crystals in the Japanese logos for Sun and Moon (with someone else - seriously, has he ever made a non-collab video?), and Verlisfy was freaking out when he made his Ho-oh and Lugia mascot and Orange Islands theory videos like he just read The Pokémon Company's Twitter.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

you say all these names that mean nothing to me
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

They're both PokéTubers.

I want to make a video about a main series Pokémon game, but I don't know what. BW2 being underappreciated, maybe? Should I call my theoretical review-ish show Indigo Rambles or The Underdogs? Because most of the videos I have ideas for are games I think are overhated or unfairly forgotten, but I also have ideas for discussing how the plots of some things make no sense.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on May 03, 2016, 02:08:36 PMThey're both PokéTubers.

I want to make a video about a main series Pokémon game, but I don't know what. BW2 being underappreciated, maybe?

Perhaps explaining why Pokemon Gen VI should be seen as a dark age as we look back on it years from now, using BW2 as an example of Pokemon practically showing its full potential only to get scaled back due to this stupid notion that "We must make our game absolutely 100% accessible to EVERYONE!".

I swear, if Sun and Moon don't offer a challenge at all like any of the Gen I-V games, I'm done with the main series. Sheep would eat it up anyway so unless we have more people like Tamashiihiroka willing to fight for what's right it will only get worse. Therefore I fully support you making a video on BW2. By far those were the best new Pokemon Games since GS (HGSS were remakes so they don't completely count), and it practically had everything you could ask for, yet folks ignored it, because this was still in the era when Genwunners were very loud and because folks threw fits that it wasn't on the Nintendo 3DS (despite getting enhanced features which IMO still made it worth playing on the 3DS while also giving folks with a crusty old 2004 DS an excellent RPG). More people need to know about the greatness BW2 gave to the series before it was taken away, and I'll be happy to see more and more people raise their voices on the subject. I plan to as well when my Pokemon MD retrospective wraps up.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

cashwarrior1

BW2 are my most favorite to play. The post game was awesome! I would speak up but, ya know, I can't youtube.

Altissimo

my main issue with gen 5 is that instead of being accessible to everyone they are INaccessible now

like they kept pushing C-Gear! GTS! Dream World! Online communications god damn it! and now, I can't use any of that. It's all worthless to me and it really pulls me out of my enjoyment of the game to like have to listen to the C-Gear spiel another damn time when I can't use it. Like, they didn't think about the longevity of gen 5 at all.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Altissimo on May 03, 2016, 06:01:20 PMmy main issue with gen 5 is that instead of being accessible to everyone they are INaccessible now

like they kept pushing C-Gear! GTS! Dream World! Online communications god damn it! and now, I can't use any of that. It's all worthless to me and it really pulls me out of my enjoyment of the game to like have to listen to the C-Gear spiel another damn time when I can't use it. Like, they didn't think about the longevity of gen 5 at all.
Yeah, that's kind of disappointing; just when I was starting to get really successful in the Dream World, they announce that they're closing it...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 03, 2016, 07:00:45 PMYeah, that's kind of disappointing; just when I was starting to get really successful in the Dream World, they announce that they're closing it...

Don't forget the delay in the Americas for what happened overseas when BW1 launched. I'm just glad I bought the game a bit later after launch and didn't have to struggle with pointless waiting.

(Yes, I'm fully aware of the tragedy that happened in Japan during BW1's NA launch. Still doesn't mean they couldn't have moved forward with a NA/EU launch though. Or made it open worldwide but with the funds from the advertising and whatnot go to the charity to rebuild)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nitro Indigo

BW2 were released so late into the DS' lifespan that they just felt kind of... there. Which is a shame, because Aspertia City music.

E. Gadd Industries

Am I the only one that enjoys Sinnoh music? Eterna Forest is GREAT!

Also, I want to know others' thoughts: what about a main series on a home console? I've thought about it before, but I'm not sure how I would feel if Nintendo were to be like "Well, Pokémon Sun & Moon are going to be released on the Wii U."
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

yes. you're the only one who likes an entire generation of music in pokémon, one of the best selling franchises of all time. congratulations.

actually "am I the only one who X" is one of my pet peeves. But it's okay.

To answer your question, main series Pokémon games belong on handhelds. That's my opinion. The entire point is to have them in your pocket, it's even in the name. And trading with friends is one of the reasons to carry around your 3DS.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

I never finished Colosseum bc it was on console so no

Nitro Indigo

I saw someone on Zelda Universe complain that there wasn't a main series Pokémon game on the Wii U. In an interview in Official Nintendo Magazine a few years ago, someone from Game Freak said that the reason main Pokémon games are on handhelds is so your Pokémon can always be with you.

As for Sinnoh's music... even when I was a kid, I found most of DP's music lacklustre. And then I heard this.

Is it just me, or have they been throwing legendaries around a lot recently? ORAS, PSMD and the Hoopa movie all seem to be marketed as "LEGENDARIES ARE COOL, BUY OUR STUFF!".