News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra

Started by Nana1Popo2, July 21, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

It's definitely much darker than A:TLA was. I find it to be a nice change and it definitely sets itself apart from the first series in a big way because of it.

I do hope they have a few sillier episodes soon, because having every episode be the Book 2 finale of A:TLA(you know, where Ba Sing Se gets conquered and Aang dies for a few minutes) is a little too much for me, but at the same time NOT ENOUGH.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Yeah, we do need a break episode. If it gets too depressing I'll be a puddle of emotions on the floor.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

SO has anyone heard of the Cabbage Man's Son theory? It's truly amazing.

Things we know about the Cabbage Man:

a. He probably has great disdain for the Avatar and those associated with the Avatar, due to his cabbage's constantly being destroyed by Avatar related shenanigans.

2. He was most likely not a bender, due to his inability to protect his cabbages from said shenanigans and he never bended during the show.

3. He most likely is dead, but could have had children who are alive. Chances are they are not benders. Chances are even greater that he passed down his hate for the Avatar and benders in general, since they are the cause the destruction of his cabbages all but one time(when they are eaten by a platypus bear), to his offspring.

d. Such a family that hates benders could have easily gotten into a confrontation with a fire bender, resulting in the Cabbage Man's child being burned in the face.

5. The creators said that the cabbage man's son would play a role in Korra.

Therefore, Amon must be the Cabbage Man's Son!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

K-NiGhT

Wow i need to catch up. I haven't seen a new one since the first one :(
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SuperFireKirby

SuperFireKirby

Anyone else read the Probending Rule Book? You can get the PDF by playing through the Welcome To Republic City game, which I recommend playing to anyone who wishes to know more about the city and the 70 years between the two series. It's very informative, especially for all them avatar noobs.

Link: http://www.nick.com/games/legend-of-korra-welcome-to-republic-city.html

SuperFireKirby

Literally left speechless by this episode. I was especially shocked by how many of my predictions were correct(won't spoil any of it though)

Nebbles

Yeah... that episode. ._. Holy poops.

FluteNinja

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 19, 2012, 09:26:09 AMLiterally left speechless by this episode. I was especially shocked by how many of my predictions were correct(won't spoil any of it though)

So far all of my predictions were correct.  I was kind of disappointed though, because I made all of those predictions after like the second episode.  This series seems just a bit too easy to predict :P
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Raymondbl

I'm sorry I don't have any time at all to watch these, anyone care to pm me a short summary?  I'm very interested in the plot...
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SuperFireKirby

Tried to Rayray, but I just can't summarize the plot in a way that would take me less than 45 minutes to an hour. I like details. Maybe someone else can help ya out.

Anyways, I'm still blown away by how awesome the last episode was. And while the show's humor is hanging by a thread named Bo Lin, the overall epicness of the show just keeps increasing with each episode. Can't wait to see what goes down next week.

Quote from: FluteNinja on May 19, 2012, 10:17:46 AMSo far all of my predictions were correct.  I was kind of disappointed though, because I made all of those predictions after like the second episode.  This series seems just a bit too easy to predict :P
While this is kid of true, the level at which the show is executed pretty much negates it, because even on things I knew would happen, I still found myself being surprised and shocked.

Raymondbl

I meant the last episode :P  I already know everything before.  Just they didn't put it on the wiki yet!
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

FluteNinja

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 20, 2012, 12:26:55 AMWhile this is kid of true, the level at which the show is executed pretty much negates it, because even on things I knew would happen, I still found myself being surprised and shocked.

I knew that Amon would take away the Wolfbats' bending and that Asami's dad was in league with the Equalists. But you were right, predicting and seeing something are 2 different things. 
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

SuperFireKirby

Finally was able to see the new episode and...wow, just.....wow.

Nebbles

I... why is tarrlok a bloodbender.... D: