Next Update(5 Songs Each)

Started by Nakah, August 23, 2010, 09:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: olimar12345 on September 29, 2010, 10:45:55 PMhhmmm... i thought we just got a new updater...
If you're talking about Nakah, I believe he's been an updater for a while. He just didn't really do many updates until a few months ago.

fabbemannen

As long the update isn't here, I'm going to add more arrangements =D (I'm still not up to 5)
• Earthbound/Mother - Eight Melodies mus midi

Olimar12345

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on September 29, 2010, 11:06:24 PMIf you're talking about Nakah, I believe he's been an updater for a while. He just didn't really do many updates until a few months ago.
i dont know who i was talking about, thats just what i herd...ur probably right tho....
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Apparently I am now an updater...

I took a quick look through and I'm seeing formatting errors galore, so I'm giving everyone until Friday to fix up all errors, formatting or otherwise. If I'm feeling good on Saturday, I may be a little lenient and fix up errors myself but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

Consult the What Should Your Sheet Look Like Topic for details on the Formatting Guidelines.
P.S: it doesn't say this in the formatting topic, but copyright should be in size 10 Times New Roman.

Any questions, post here or feel free to PM me :)

EDIT: Also, if you want me to take a look at something before update time comes around so that you can fix any errors before then, all you gotta do is ask ;)

Shadoninja

I could help with the formatting workload if anyone wants.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Wait...so are you doing this update?  I was literally doing it now.  How far are you into it?

fabbemannen

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 03, 2010, 08:53:45 PMApparently I am now an updater...

I took a quick look through and I'm seeing formatting errors galore, so I'm giving everyone until Friday to fix up all errors, formatting or otherwise. If I'm feeling good on Saturday, I may be a little lenient and fix up errors myself but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

Consult the What Should Your Sheet Look Like Topic for details on the Formatting Guidelines.
P.S: it doesn't say this in the formatting topic, but copyright should be in size 10 Times New Roman.

Any questions, post here or feel free to PM me :)

EDIT: Also, if you want me to take a look at something before update time comes around so that you can fix any errors before then, all you gotta do is ask ;)

Which ones are you talking about. Don't wanna change if there's nothing wrong with my sheets  ???

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

horray \(^o^)/ stuffs happenin again! my stuff's correct, right?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Fabbemannen: Are those rhythms in the Worms Theme supposed to look that weird?

And I think Shadoninja went through formatting pretty well. But just to re-iterate - Follow The Picture!! (except for the url...I'll see If I can get the pic updated?

Btw, Shado, he does have a topic - it's just that it's on the bottom of the 3rd page.

Olimar: A couple of relatively small things that I might have or might not have mentioned in my other post: -
  • Only put dynamics once when they're the same, double bar line before a key change, a couple of rhythm grouping issues.
  • And I'm not a big fan of the metronome markings. The numbers look like they're subscript or something weird and it just looks way out of alignment.
  • Also, Measure 4 of Labyrinth Fight, the layers should be the other way around (eighth notes on layer 1).

Your formatting's pretty good, but try to enter info into the File Info as much as possible. It's much easier to edit and so on. If you need to add text from the File Info, make a text box and go to Text>Inserts.

But don't really bother changing anything (unless of course you really want to). I can fix those myself now and therefore have less work on Saturday :)

fabbemannen

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 04, 2010, 02:12:12 PMFabbemannen: Are those rhythms in the Worms Theme supposed to look that weird?

And I think Shadoninja went through formatting pretty well. But just to re-iterate - Follow The Picture!! (except for the url...I'll see If I can get the pic updated?

Btw, Shado, he does have a topic - it's just that it's on the bottom of the 3rd page.
Well, I'm not the best in sheet making (1 star only =D, not so experienced). I'm going to check the sheets when I get home, but. My reply to Shadoninja is in my topic.

Just one thing do, how big difference can it make having another font, as long as it doesn't make any big difference? (Never mess with nsm, it can kill you)

The Deku Trombonist

Like I said, just follow the picture. I'll try and get the guidelines fixed up sometime so that they are more clear and easier to follow. But basically, if you don't make it match the style of the picture, then I have to fix it up when update time comes around or maybe reject it if I really can't be bothered fixing.

The whole point of having everyone follow formatting guidelines is so there is some sort of standard around here.  It also makes the site look more professional by having all the sheets with the same formatting.

Btw, the stars are related to your post count, not to do with making sheets.

fabbemannen

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 05, 2010, 01:28:53 AMLike I said, just follow the picture. I'll try and get the guidelines fixed up sometime so that they are more clear and easier to follow. But basically, if you don't make it match the style of the picture, then I have to fix it up when update time comes around or maybe reject it if I really can't be bothered fixing.

The whole point of having everyone follow formatting guidelines is so there is some sort of standard around here.  It also makes the site look more professional by having all the sheets with the same formatting.

Btw, the stars are related to your post count, not to do with making sheets.
I know, but since it's so small difference...
Anyhow, I'm going to check when I'm coming home, and I know that the stars are based on posts (2 stars are 25 I think, this post =D). I appreciate the work does here (even do the updates can take a while sometimes) so I'm going to fix it

Olimar12345

thanks for all tha feedback! what did u mean by rhythm grouping issues? oh, and i thought tha tempo markings were required now-right?

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah they are, but the way you've done them, the numbers look subscript. Btw, You know you can actually create tempo markings that play back correctly as opposed to just text boxes?
In the expressions pop up box, go click on Tempo Markings on the list on the left. Then click the create tempo marking button that has appeared somewhere on the tight side. Then it's pretty self explanatory.
Insert Note, lets you insert a note, the Tempo tab at the top lets you control playback (just tick the one that says to match the text or something like that).

Hopefully you can actually do that in PrintMusic 2010 because you could in the 2009 version.

As for rhythm grouping, I'll explain some other time (hopefully later today). I just woke up and I gotta go out in like half an hour. I think I made some sort of mega post on this somewhere in dahans' topic. But put basically, there are a bunch of rules when it comes to the way you write down certain rhythms/note values.