Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: YuichiTuba on October 26, 2015, 06:21:54 PMI'll see how I can contribute piano arrangements in the future!
Awesome! If you ever need any help, just throw me a pm!

Oronoco

I've been getting along fine with the NSM Panel, except that it has never accepted my MUSX files. Not from Day One. When I try, it says that I did not upload a MUSX file. Everything else has been working.

Does anyone know if there's a silly mistake I'm making?  I use my MUSX files to create all my other files, so it surprises me that the MUSX would be the one to have problems uploading. I have them, so I'd like to include them!

Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Zunawe

I've managed to upload every musx file I've submitted with no issues.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Oronoco on October 27, 2015, 09:41:57 AMI've been getting along fine with the NSM Panel, except that it has never accepted my MUSX files. Not from Day One. When I try, it says that I did not upload a MUSX file. Everything else has been working.

Does anyone know if there's a silly mistake I'm making?  I use my MUSX files to create all my other files, so it surprises me that the MUSX would be the one to have problems uploading. I have them, so I'd like to include them!

Are you putting it in the correct place? There is a separate spot for both MUS and MUSX files. While MUS files are mandatory, MUSX files are not.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Oronoco

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 27, 2015, 12:36:46 PMAre you putting it in the correct place? There is a separate spot for both MUS and MUSX files. While MUS files are mandatory, MUSX files are not.

I'll be sure to double-check next time. I'm going to try some other things, too, like uploading the file to the Panel from my Dropbox.

Thank you!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

YuichiTuba

Sorry to trouble you guys with a noob question but I've been looking around this site for a while and can't find this image when trying to submit under the Miscellaneous section:

Can you help me how I can submit my brass quintet and woodwind quartet arrangement?
Thanks a bunch!
--------------------------
Welcome to
www.wintonwhite.com

AwesomeYears

You don't need to use the NSM panel to submit your Miscellaneous Arrangements. Just make a new topic under that Sub board and post some Dropbox links to it and wallah!

Olimar12345

We only accept piano solos onto the main site.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

YuichiTuba

Quote from: AwesomeYears on November 04, 2015, 02:16:15 AMYou don't need to use the NSM panel to submit your Miscellaneous Arrangements. Just make a new topic under that Sub board and post some Dropbox links to it and wallah!

Thanks so much! Once I submit these to the Miscellaneous Arrangements section, I'd like to start doing piano arrangements as well.
Cheers!
--------------------------
Welcome to
www.wintonwhite.com

braix

Just remember that those aren't able to get on the main site ;)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on November 03, 2015, 01:36:04 PM2nd page title is just a Finale default. It's not mandatory. Looking at the majority of published sheet music both modern and classical, I would say NSM is in the minority for favoring this practice.

Being a finale default is not a bad thing. Second+ page titles have always been mandatory, as seen by literally every sheet accepted since quality controls have been in place. It has been a sort of blanket policy, common-sense sort of rule. And ofc. You won't find second+ page titles on works published in a book, because they're bound.

Quote from: JesterMusician on October 27, 2015, 04:40:09 AMThe second page title isn't mentioned in the style guide though...I'm sure I've submitted sheets that lack it.

Since it is in question, I will add it to the guidelines. Later I will go through the onsite pieces and add them in.

Olimar12345

Double post. The Formatting Guidelines have been updated to include the material mentioned above. In addition, I have expanded upon the "finale defaults" section for those of you who needed it in writing.

zorori

The answer to this question is probably obvious, but is access to full Finale software a requirement for submission?  Based on the fact that a .mus file is required for arrangement submission, I am assuming that access to the full version of Finale software is required to submit any scores to this site.  I could not find this requirement explicitly stated anywhere, but it seems like it is an implicit requirement.

I.e., I can write arrangements in Sibelius 7 (the only annotation SW that I have access to).  But there is no way I know of to convert a .sib score into .mus format unless one owns a copy of Finale.

Just double-checking before I give up completely.  Thanks.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: zorori on November 11, 2015, 12:05:24 PMThe answer to this question is probably obvious, but is access to full Finale software a requirement for submission?  Based on the fact that a .mus file is required for arrangement submission, I am assuming that access to the full version of Finale software is required to submit any scores to this site.  I could not find this requirement explicitly stated anywhere, but it seems like it is an implicit requirement.

I.e., I can write arrangements in Sibelius 7 (the only annotation SW that I have access to).  But there is no way I know of to convert a .sib score into .mus format unless one owns a copy of Finale.

Just double-checking before I give up completely.  Thanks.

You can download Finale Notepad... Even though it's a pain to use.

I think that it'll be okay with another notation program; it'll just be a bit more of a hassle to get them accepted onto the site. I'm pretty sure there's an arranger or two in the community that doesn't use Finale. Then again, I don't know how that actually works.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.