News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Clanker37's Arrangements

Started by Clanker37, February 11, 2011, 06:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanker37

Hi! These are my arrangements so I hope they up to the NinSheetMusic Standard.

Banjo-Kazooie

Big Zubba Battle Mid Mus

Clanker's Cavern (Mutant Snippets) Mid Mus Pdf

Down Loggo, The Toilet Mid Mus

Mad Monster Mansion (Graveyard) Mid Mus

Rusty Bucket Bay (Aquatic) Mid Mus Pdf

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

Banjoland Mid Mus Pdf

Banjoland Challenge Midi Mus Pdf

Nutty Acres Challenge  Midi Mus Pdf
Jiggoseum Japes

Banjo-Tooie

Grunty Industries (Basement) Mid Mus

Grunty Industries (Inside) (Replacement) Mid Mus Pdf

Grunty Industries (Inside) (Replacement 2.0) Mid Pdf

Grunty Industries (Clinker's Cavern) Mid Mus Pdf

Grunty Industries (Underwater) Mid Mus Pdf

Outside Grunty Industries Mid Mus

Replacements

Weldar
Mr. Patch

Mario Kart 64

Bowser's Castle Mid Mus Pdf

Mario Kart Double Dash!

Mushroom City/Bridge(Replacement) Mus Mus Pdf

Pokemon Black and White

Elite Four Mid Mus

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Platnium

Rival Battle Mid Mus

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team

Credits*Mid Mus Pdf

Great Canyon* Mid Mus Pdf

Mt. Blaze* Mid Mus Pdf

Sinister Woods* Mid Mus Pdf

Sky Tower*    Mid Mus Pdf

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

In the Hands of Fate Mid Mus Pdf

Palkia's Onslaught Mid  Mus

Primal Dialga Mid Mus Pdf

Treasure TownMid Mus Pdf

Mt. Horn Midi Mus. Pdf

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Trainer School Midi Mus Pdf

Dive Mid Mus Pdf

Pokemon X/Y

Route 4/5/6/7

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Rainbow Road Series Medley

Thomas the Tank Engine

Duck's Theme Mid  Mus  Pdf

Henry's Sad ThemeMid Mus Pdf

James' Theme Mid Mus Pdf

The Fat Controller's Theme Mid Mus Pdf

The Flying Kipper Midi Mus Pdf

Toby's Theme Midi Mus Pdf

*Special thanks to Bespinben for allowing me to soloise these

WiiMan96

Welcome to NSM, Clanker!

That's a good first arrangement you have there. Just some thoughts on it:
  • I would've liked to see some relevant articulation in there to give it some more personality. It's a fairly simple piece but it can be given some flair with some dynamic markings, staccato and/or slurs where you think benefits the mood of the piece.
  • After listening to the original the tempo seems a little fast. You might want to double check the BPM.
  • In order to be accepted to the site your sheet must follow these Formatting Guidelines which gives some continuity to the layout of the sheets.
  • In my opinion, that section with the octave doubling could be put in the right hand. Makes sense seeing as it's not doing anything throughout the rest of it. Looks like you're using Notepad 2011, so someone here with a higher version than you might be nice and change the right hand to a bass clef and left hand to a bass 8 so there aren't so many ledger lines. I don't think Notepad is capable of changing the clef.

Again, despite all these comments (which are really just gripes about the way we do things) this a good introductory arrangement and I look forward to seeing more from you in the future!

Sekter77

Yep, what WiiMan said is all true! Especially the formatting. Except, you don't have to include the right hand. There are other one-handed arrangements on this site so it's not unprecedented. Ultimately it's up to you as the arranger to decide how the piece should be written out.

Anyway, here are a few of my observations:
The BPM should be at about 75. This website is really nice for figuring out the tempo for a song. You can just tap any key to the beat and it'll calculate the speed.

Also, from the source I compared your arrangement with, the last 3 measures (22-24) were a bit off. Check about 1:05 to 1:20 on this video to see what I mean. (I also pulled the tempo from this version too) If you used a different source for this arrangement though, then you can just ignore this since it wouldn't really apply!

But, criticisms aside, I really enjoyed your arrangement, and more Banjo Kazooie music is always welcome by me! With just a few small tweaks, it'll easily fit right alongside the rest of the sheets on this site. Thanks for joining and please keep arranging!
Guitar and video games.

WiiMan96

Quote from: Sekter77 on February 11, 2011, 08:50:38 PMYou don't have to include the right hand. There are other one-handed arrangements on this site so it's not unprecedented.

Most of those particular arrangements were directly ripped from midi files; pieces written for piano, in my opinion, should include both staves for the sake of continuity. In this case, I just think it'd be easier and sound smoother playing those octaves with two hands where possible.

However, as Sekter said:

Quote from: Sekter77 on February 11, 2011, 08:50:38 PMUltimately it's up to you as the arranger to decide how the piece should be written out.

...provided they meet the guidelines set and the updaters don't get picky about it. :P

Clanker37

OK I've done some changes. I don't want to use the right hand beause to me it just seems to much trouble than it's worth. I couldn't really hear what was wrong with bars 22-23 (if there's still a problem with them please be more speasefic)but I've changed 24 to suit the song better, but it goes over the bar line and I've no idea how to fix it and if anyone knows I'd really appreciate someone telling me. Here are the modified versions
Midi: http://www.mediafire.com/?xhk17j9sh21qxfj
Mus: http://www.mediafire.com/?l22hd0w8z5bl61w
I still know that I'll have to work on it I just don't know where or how.

P.S Thank you for your constructive critism. I already know I'm going to love arranging for NSM!

Sekter77

I went ahead and finished the rest of it as long as that's ok with you anyway. (Here's the mus)

Here's what I changed:
The last measure you needed help on should be in triplets (which are really hard to work with in Finale). That's why it wouldn't fit earlier. And the only other measure that needed fixing was 22 (The rhythm needed changed and I added a couple notes).

Also, I changed the File Information, font for said info, and I added a Tempo Mark. This forum page should explain how to do all that stuff. If you ever need help any other time, don't hesitate to ask! The arrangers around here are very knowledgeable so someone will be able to help you out.

Whenever you're satisfied with your arrangement, just post it in the submission thread. If it's accepted it'll end up on the main site. Thanks for your enthusiasm about being here!
Guitar and video games.

Clanker37

Thanks so much! I don't know what I would've done without you! I've tidied things up (Given the right notes Stacato signs and dynamics) and here they are:
Mus http://www.mediafire.com/?5ps799if6qgmelb
Midi http://www.mediafire.com/?h73a3ow0wax87ex

Thanks for everyone for being so nice, yet telling me of my problems! Just a quick question though Is there a better version of Finale or something that I can download and really put more detail in the first arrangement rather than people posting it four times because really I could've done all of that in the first go.

Clanker37

Pokemon Black and White

Elite Four Midi Mus
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Platnium
Rival Battle Midi Mus

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team

Sky Tower Mid Mus
All new except Sky Tower, I was just to lazy to post it here :3

Clanker37

New stoof

Banjo-Kazooie

Mad Monster Mansion (Graveyard) Mid.Mus

Banjo-Tooie

Cloud Cukooland (Canary Mary Race) Mid Mus

Constructive critism accepted

Sekter77

Canary Mary Race does have a fair few problems. The first thing is that you should probably cut the tempo in half and also halve the note durations (i.e. make quarter notes eighth notes, eighth notes should be sixteenth notes, etc.). Also, I think the timing on the left hand is off starying at around Measure 47. There's a fair few wrong notes too. The runs at the beginning for example.

I can't find an original version of the Mad Monster Mansion song for comparison, but from what I remember, there are a few errors. Most notably, the timing seems off here too. Beat 3 of Measure 9 should start the next measure. Those sixteenth notes sound off, but that could just be me remembering incorrectly.
Also, that song sounds a lot like Creepy Castle from Donkey Kong 64.
Guitar and video games.

Clanker37

Update
NEW
In the Hands of Fate Mid Mus

fingerz

Oooh! You know how much I like songs from these games. I'll be sure to check it out on the weekend.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Clanker37 on May 12, 2011, 03:35:25 AMUpdate
NEW
In the Hands of Fate Mid Mus

OMG I will have to look at this because I love this song. It's the one that plays at spots like after you convince your partner in the future to go after Grovyle...or after Grovyle is pulled into the future again...if I remember correctly.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Just listened to it from the OST... I'm looking forward to downloading this... :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Clanker37

OMG When I post songs from Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, Diamond etc. I get 1 post. But when it's a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Skt that quite literaly 13 measures long I get 3! Gotta love that logic!