Cool
10 (83.3%)
Whatevs
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

JDMEK5

... Are my arrangements really that accurate? :P

Anything to say at all?..?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

wariopiano

JDMEK5

Thanks! I wasn't expecting them to be 100%... (I can hear most things, but some things sound sorta sketchy sometimes..)

My Arrangements

wariopiano

I like the snow mountain u did from super mario 64!
I see u are doing oil ocean from sonic 2 for me.
thank you!

JDMEK5

No problem! It's nice to see some feedback about my work. It feels strange when you get no comment at all, good or bad.

My Arrangements

Dudeman

^ I know what you mean. :P
Also, Snow Mountain is very well done! I just have one part that I think needs to be added in: in the last 4 measures before the repeat, there is a horn in the background that plays a C-G-A-G run twice and I don't hear that. Does that make any sense?
EDIT: The horn plays from 1:22 to 1:27 in your youtube link.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Dudeman

Eh...no. The notes should be C4-G3-A5-G4, with the G4 being held as a whole note. The pattern repeats in the next two measures. (Hopefully you know what I mean...if I'm not making any sense, you can just leave it out. :P)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

wariopiano

didnt u do the desert theme and battle theme from new super mario bros wii?
i thinku should do the beach theme!

JDMEK5

Quote from: wariopiano on August 18, 2012, 08:26:51 AMdidnt u do the desert theme and battle theme from new super mario bros wii?
Yes, but neither was accurate at all... I might go back and redo them if I get the chance.

Beach huh? Seems easy enough... But everything in it's proper perspective; I have to finish requests and stuff first.
I'm done the MIDI for your oil ocean by the way. I should be done the MUS soon.

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

There. Done. How's that?

[Sega] Sonic 2 - Oil Ocean - [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

Unfortunately, the percussion keeps the beat for basically the entire song, which you can't do with piano.
So count hard, because it's easy to lose timing.

EDIT: Changed. Should be a lot better now.

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 19, 2012, 08:36:37 PMThere. Done. How's that?

[Sega] Sonic 2 - Oil Ocean - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

Unfortunately, the percussion keeps the beat for basically the entire song, which you can't do with piano.
So count hard, because it's easy to lose timing.

The full title is "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" not "Sonic 2"

I feel as though the first notes should be an eighth notes worth of pickup.

Have you tried adding that melody that plays a hair after the end of the chords at 4-7?

I think you're adding too many notes at the ends of the bass lines.

The bass pattern about 5 measure from the end that lasts for 3 measures gets higher, not lower. There are incorrect notes too.

You're using Eighth Eighth-Tied-Eighth Eighth, when you really should be using Eighth Quarter Eighth.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 19, 2012, 09:09:00 PMThe full title is "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" not "Sonic 2"
Fixed.
Quote from: Shadoninja on August 19, 2012, 09:09:00 PMI feel as though the first notes should be an eighth note's worth of pickup.
I thought that too, but I thought it would mess up the timing if I tried.. But it worked!
Quote from: Shadoninja on August 19, 2012, 09:09:00 PMHave you tried adding that melody that plays a hair after the end of the chords at 4-7?
Not till now. But it adds tons of the original feel to the piece. I should have put that in from the beginning.
Quote from: Shadoninja on August 19, 2012, 09:09:00 PMI think you're adding too many notes at the ends of the bass lines.
Done.
Quote from: Shadoninja on August 19, 2012, 09:09:00 PMThe bass pattern about 5 measure from the end that lasts for 3 measures gets higher, not lower. There are incorrect notes too.
Fixed.
Quote from: Shadoninja on August 19, 2012, 09:09:00 PMYou're using Eighth Eighth-Tied-Eighth Eighth, when you really should be using Eighth Quarter Eighth.
I did that to do it by-the-book. But sure, it's simpler to put it the other way. Done.

So, how is it now?

[Sega] Sonic 2 - Oil Ocean - [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

I need a custom layout to make the mus though..

My Arrangements