News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabbemannen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZZMb53ibM
^just friggin amazing
Got to 1:00 of it more or less
Can't get that time to just sit and play nowadays
Hopefully it gets better when school ends

Mashi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 27, 2011, 10:01:28 AMChopin's Revolutionary Etude = PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE = teacher wants me to learn it = stress
PLAY REVOLUTIONARY MASTER SPARK INSTEAD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJin5T_i2G4&feature=related

Winter

Olimar12345

im learnin this noa but not too far yet... its hard...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Rue

Ah, I'm trying to figure out the song from the Skyward Sword E3 2011 Trailer. And failing. Miserably. I'm learning that I'm disturbingly useless at playing by ear.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Rue on June 10, 2011, 09:19:02 PMAh, I'm trying to figure out the song from the Skyward Sword E3 2011 Trailer. And failing. Miserably. I'm learning that I'm disturbingly useless at playing by ear.
have you tried slowing it down in an audio editing program?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

have you tried just getting sheets for zelda's lulliby and reading it backwards?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SWMadness

I was asked to play piano for a friend's wedding so I've got the requisite Bridal March, Canon in D, and Trumpet Voluntary lined up for practicing.

The arrangements I'm working off of aren't hard, but there's a few problem spots I need to iron out first.

starrgrl24

Quote from: SWMadness on June 30, 2011, 12:33:42 PMI was asked to play piano for a friend's wedding so I've got the requisite Bridal March, Canon in D, and Trumpet Voluntary lined up for practicing.

The arrangements I'm working off of aren't hard, but there's a few problem spots I need to iron out first.

I totally wish I get requested to perform piano for weddings and stuff. :P

I'm learning Chopin etudes, Schumann carnival, Prokofiev toccata D minor, Bach prelude and fugue, and Beethoven sonata no. 27. Unfortunately I do not have time to learn me some video game music, which would totally be awesome. :( Once I'm finished with transfer audition, I'm so gonna start learning VG music. >.> I can care less about learning virtuoso classical music, I just wanna jam with the super mario bros theme which gets a heck of a lot more attention. xD

I still surprisingly have a lot of free time, buuuut thanks to my dad's crappy work schedule, my piano practicing is severely limited during the summer. I have to wait until I'm back into college where I can lock myself in the practice room for 4-5 hours a day.

I like chocolate. :3

SWMadness

Quote from: starrgrl24 on June 30, 2011, 12:49:53 PMI totally wish I get requested to perform piano for weddings and stuff. :P

I'm learning Chopin etudes, Schumann carnival, Prokofiev toccata D minor, Bach prelude and fugue, and Beethoven sonata no. 27. Unfortunately I do not have time to learn me some video game music, which would totally be awesome. :( Once I'm finished with transfer audition, I'm so gonna start learning VG music. >.> I can care less about learning virtuoso classical music, I just wanna jam with the super mario bros theme which gets a heck of a lot more attention. xD

I still surprisingly have a lot of free time, buuuut thanks to my dad's crappy work schedule, my piano practicing is severely limited during the summer. I have to wait until I'm back into college where I can lock myself in the practice room for 4-5 hours a day.

I don't know why you haven't been asked to perform at weddings and stuff because from the sound of it, you're a lot better pianist than I am.   

I mean, holy crap, Chopin Etudes? I wish you good luck with all those pieces because goodness knows they're completely beyond my skill level.  :O

SlowPokemon

Also, it's not hard to pick up on most video game songs. Even learning by ear isn't hard at all if you have an hour or so.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Greg

I've started learning Chopin's "Heroic" Polonaise. It's pretty fun.

starrgrl24

Quote from: gzgregory on June 30, 2011, 01:15:08 PMI've started learning Chopin's "Heroic" Polonaise. It's pretty fun.

OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT. :) That is an excellent piece. I would learn that myself but it's overplayed. :\ (In my area, though)

Anyways, I decided to learn the Yoshi's Island Athletic Theme on piano! I found an excellent version on youtube. It's so ragtimeish. I love ragtime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwVKDP8nzQ

I'll squeeze in at least 30 minutes to practice this and then post on this site. I get bored of classical music anyways. It is nice music, but it's also nice to play music other people can relate to as well.

SWMadness

Quote from: starrgrl24 on June 30, 2011, 01:37:17 PMOH MY GOD I LOVE THAT. :) That is an excellent piece. I would learn that myself but it's overplayed. :\ (In my area, though)

Anyways, I decided to learn the Yoshi's Island Athletic Theme on piano! I found an excellent version on youtube. It's so ragtimeish. I love ragtime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwVKDP8nzQ

I'll squeeze in at least 30 minutes to practice this and then post on this site. I get bored of classical music anyways. It is nice music, but it's also nice to play music other people can relate to as well.

Haha I've had a simpler version of that memorized for a while now. I just played it so much that muscle memory took over after awhile. It's sooooo much fun!

Up at college, the dorm I stayed in had a piano so I would find time between classes to play around with it, and kind of got a reputation for playing video game songs. XD

starrgrl24

Quote from: SWMadness on June 30, 2011, 01:53:03 PMHaha I've had a simpler version of that memorized for a while now. I just played it so much that muscle memory took over after awhile. It's sooooo much fun!

Up at college, the dorm I stayed in had a piano so I would find time between classes to play around with it, and kind of got a reputation for playing video game songs. XD

You get a dorm with a piano!? You are soo lucky. The YI athletic theme does sound like a lot of fun, which is why I'm learning! I'm too lazy to learn something by ear, so I'll just take advantage that I'm in a website dedicated to making video game sheet music. xD