News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit0010

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 27, 2012, 08:12:57 PMPutting Paganini's 24th Caprice on my to-do list for violin :)

YEAHH! that is my dream piece! :>

now i'm playing the legend of zelda twilight princess ending credits on pianoooo la
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

fabbemannen

There are some songs I've started on when I was younger, but never finished (a lot of them, actually)
So now I took on one of them...the oh so epic...Scars of Time! :D
I just love this guy's rendition of it

SpoonyBardCanon01

"Reminiscence" from Fire Emblem (Gameboy Advance), a pretty simple piece, and,
"Nocturne ~A Destiny~" from Tegami Bachi. An almost overly emotional, yet very touching anime.Jus ex injuria non oritur.
Does anyone else think that FFII's "Fighting" would sound good in a rock cover?

EFitTrainr

Wild Pokemon Battle from Ruby + Sapphire FTW.
I like food.

Raymondbl

Anyone here played the Schumann Traumerei?
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Greg

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 04, 2012, 10:26:33 AMAnyone here played the Schumann Traumerei?
Played it, didn't suit me. :P
I did play the entire Kinderszenen set though, it has some very nice pieces in it.

ChrisLeeFan1118

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 04, 2012, 10:26:33 AMAnyone here played the Schumann Traumerei?
I can still play it, I really like it, it's such a beautiful piece.
I used to be very conceited, that has all changed; now I'm Perfect!

SlowPokemon

Sooo many pieces, between me picking up tons of stuff and my piano teacher heaping lots of them on me...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl

That's good.  Furnish up your technique before the details.

SlowPokemon

Well of course. I love music more than anything else in the world. It's only natural I'd start playing so many pieces. XD I love my piano teacher because I'll bring her totally random pieces, some of them really contemporary and not classical like she's used to, and she'll be like "wow that's fantastic" or at least "that's very interesting" instead of "don't play that..." like other people do

Raymondbl

Has your teacher taught you the concept of the finger going into the key fast, but shallow/light?  Or alternatively, wrist movement?

SlowPokemon

Idk what you're talking about, I just use my own technique and add expression where I see fit...and as for wrist movement, no... in my opinion that doesn't matter much

Raymondbl

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 12, 2012, 11:52:04 AMadd expression where I see fit...
How do you add expression?  By manipulating the way you strike the keys, which is what I was talking about.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 12, 2012, 11:52:04 AMand as for wrist movement, no... in my opinion that doesn't matter much
If you feel wrist movement isn't important, you should at least relax your wrist.  However since both of these concepts are near impossible to explain with words alone, if anyone ever talks to you about them make sure you listen, because they're very important.

SlowPokemon

Anything like that just comes natural to me, if I tried to concentrate on my wrists everything would mess up. I do what feels right. Wrist technique isn't that important in my opinion anyway....

SuperFireKirby

You do want to keep them relaxed though, mostly to avoid injuring them. Having screwed up wrists sucks, trust me.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!