News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Actually, it was pretty difficult. There's a reason it's notoriously renowned as difficult tbh
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

It was more tedious than difficult, and I can name at least 5 zelda dungeons that were more difficult.

MaestroUGC

Spoilers.

Jerk, I haven't gotten that far yet.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Zunawe

The water temple wasn't hard, it was just a little confusing and took a while because you had to remember the passageways and the effects that water levels had on them. I found it a bit overwhelming when I first tried it, but I wouldn't classify it as more difficult than even the Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bubbles

Violin songs that switch to plucking and then back to playing with the bow

MaestroUGC

That's called "playing the violin", dear.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Idk why, it's not a big deal, but when people reference Doctor Who by spelling it "Dr. Who"

I understand it's a shortening of the title, but it also makes it seem as if his NAME is Dr. Who, which isn't the case.
Party Hard!
[close]

MasterProX

Quote from: Bubbles on November 24, 2013, 09:24:11 PMViolin songs that switch to plucking and then back to playing with the bow

What about songs that require you to bow AND pluck at the same time? (Ernst's "Der Erlkönig", or even just his "The Last Summer Rose"... *shudders*)

Yugi

wait what

is that even possible

MasterProX

Quote from: Yugi on November 24, 2013, 10:11:20 PMwait what

is that even possible

Yeah, totally. Go on IMSLP and check the sheet music for those two pieces I mentioned.

Even better than bowing and plucking at the same time is bowing a regular note and a harmonic, while also plucking.

Clanker37

Wait...You can do more with a violin than just hitting it with a stick? I did not know that.

MasterProX

Quote from: Clanker37 on November 24, 2013, 11:35:32 PMWait...You can do more with a violin than just hitting it with a stick? I did not know that.

Waddle Bro

Ahh, the good ol' pizzicato technique.

Bubbles

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 24, 2013, 09:25:11 PMThat's called "playing the violin", dear.

It never sounds right though, even when a really good player does it. I like songs that are completely bow, songs that are completely plucking, and songs that end or begin in plucking, but not ones that switch back and forth (or at the same time like MasterPro said)