News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

People who put giant ass GIFs in their signature making it impossible for me to look at the forum properly on a 3DS.

Waddle Bro

Kman96

Quote from: Yugi on March 25, 2014, 12:19:10 AMPeople who put giant ass GIFs in their signature making it impossible for me to look at the forum properly on a 3DS.
I would apologize, but you seem to be no innocent of it yourself, so...
Party Hard!
[close]

Yugi

Quote from: Kman96 on March 25, 2014, 12:22:57 AMI would apologize, but you seem to be no innocent of it yourself, so...
Yes, but mine doesn't lag the internet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Yugi on March 25, 2014, 01:26:00 AMYes, but mine doesn't lag the internet.

It's still annoying af
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, I find all the gif signatures extremely unneccesary

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

people who don't get quality humor

Bubbles

I can't even explain it right, but when people call a color something it obviously isn't. Like if there's something reddish or beige and they call it orange. I can understand grouping together shades of beige/peach/tan but for some reason I always hear people using orange instead

braix

Quote from: Bubbles on July 03, 2014, 01:57:54 PMI can't even explain it right, but when people call a color something it obviously isn't. Like if there's something reddish or beige and they call it orange. I can understand grouping together shades of beige/peach/tan but for some reason I always hear people using orange instead
like when someone calls the color purple dark red or something?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bubbles

Never heard that (though I have heard maroon cars called purple) but like when this color is called orange, and as silly as it sounds it happens a lot

Ruto

I heard more people have trouble seeing colors than they think they do. For example, my professor said she went to college with a guy that didn't even know he was colorblind until they had a lab together and he couldn't see the color change in the solution. Also Kefka told me to pick up a "greenish-yellow tin" before that I thought was clearly yellow.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Mashi

ruto said this office building was pink when it was clearly terra cotta!!!!!!!!!!!!

FierceDeity

Quote from: Ruto on July 05, 2014, 09:13:41 PMI heard more people have trouble seeing colors than they think they do.

Yeah haha, because nothing seems out of the ordinary to the person seeing it. Imagine describing a color to somebody who's never seen it. Hypothetically, our brains could all be interpreting wavelengths of light as different "colors" from one another, and never know (not that likely imo, but it's possible). The only way we find out when our sight is different from somebody else's is when we actually have an experience in being unable to distinguish between colors, like what you just described. Not "I think that's blue, not purple!", but something like you described, where you come up against a consensus concerning two significantly different colors. With stuff like confusing green with red, you're going to find out a lot earlier, but with less distinct colors, it might take a while to come upon a situation that demands the distinction, haha.

As for the difference between pink and terracotta and stuff like that, people generally just don't know/feel the need to use the terminology.

braix

I hate when people are people because society sucks.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

When people add "haha" to a point to avoid making it seem offensive, it really grinds my gears. i.e., "I really disagree with that point, haha"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.