News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

When people end an explanation or other sentence with "Questions? Comments? Concerns?"

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on November 28, 2014, 07:33:52 PMWhen people end an explanation or other sentence with "Questions? Comments? Concerns?"
My favorite teacher says "Questions?  Comments?  Concerns?  Good Jokes?
unmotivated

FierceDeity

I, too, hate when people want feedback on the effectiveness of their explanations.

Bubbles

Theres plenty of less annoying ways to say it. Even without the "concerns" its fine

or maybe i've been scarred from my HILARIOUS physics teacher who knows

Zunawe

When a restaurant puts prices on the menu without the commonly accepted number of significant figures. (i.e. 12 and 6.5 instead of 12.00 and 6.50)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

DrP

It just means it's a nice restaurant (because all the restaurants that I have been to that do that are quite nice) -- because $14.99 doesn't scream quality. It means a good deal.

and I always sign my emails to clients "Please let me know if you have any questions and/or concerns"

Dude

Post count posts are the most annoying kinds of posts.

Literally no one cares, OK?

Xaoz

People bumping threads, where no one posted for months. Makes me crazy!

I also hate bad grammar and mistakes of any kind...

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

ThatGamer

I don't like people who are witty. It makes me look stupid.

I also don't like when people brag about what they can do, like saying they can do 100 things when I can only do 5 things. Those things bug me.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

ZeldaFan

Quote from: Xaoz on February 12, 2015, 10:52:11 AMPeople bumping threads, where no one posted for months. Makes me crazy!
At least this thread was less than 3 months since the last post.
Not like some people bumping threads that are literally YEARS old >_>

Quote from: ThatGamer on February 12, 2015, 10:55:17 AMI also don't like when people brag about what they can do, like saying they can do 100 things when I can only do 5 things. Those things bug me.
I agree, it's annoying when people brag, but you could learn how to do more things! Some things come with age too, just remember you are young and have a lot of stuff to learn!

One of my pet peeves is when my coworkers think I don't know how to do my job... Even when I have been here longer than they have...

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

ThatGamer

Quote from: ZeldaFan on February 12, 2015, 11:21:49 AMI agree, it's annoying when people brag, but you could learn how to do more things! Also, some things come with age too, just remember you are young and have a lot of stuff to learn!

I suppose. I don't think I could learn much more from now to adulthood though.

Quote from: ZeldaFan on February 12, 2015, 11:21:49 AMOne of my pet peeves is when my co-workers who have been here longer than me try to get me kicked because I do a better job than them.

Ftfy...that's my work pet peeve.
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

Quote from: ThatGamer on February 12, 2015, 11:28:21 AMI suppose. I don't think I could learn much more from now to adulthood.
You still have a lot to learn. Please stop pretending that uou don't.

ThatGamer

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 12, 2015, 11:33:08 AMYou still have a lot to learn. Please stop pretending that uou don't.

Shall you explain? What could I possibly learn in 3.4 years?

Xaoz

Quote from: ThatGamer on February 12, 2015, 11:35:12 AMShall you explain? What could I possibly learn in 3.4 years?

Modesty.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Maelstrom

Quote from: ThatGamer on February 12, 2015, 11:35:12 AMShall you explain? What could I possibly learn in 3.4 years?
To think before you speak.
To know how much is too much.
Patience.