Ragster2448's Arrangements (Rayman Sheet Music)

Started by Ragster2448, September 20, 2011, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster2448

Update
- "Umber" - Rayman 2 added

VERY cool song. If you chose not to listen to my arrangement, at least check out the Youtube video. It's one of the best songs in the game.

fingerz

Ragster! Long time no hear! :P
I'll be sure to check this out on the weekend. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ragster2448

Whoa! I didn't even know you were listening to my arrangements xD Can't wait to see what you think of it!

Yeah, I've been quite busy lately. I'll hopefully start arranging more here soon.

fingerz

Yeah, I've listened to all your arrangements! Keep up the fantastic work, Ragster! :)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ragster2448

Alright, here's all the new stuff:

Update
- "Pirate Battle #8" - Rayman 2 changed to "Pirate Battle #7" - Rayman 2 and replaced with newer version
- "Pirate Battle #10" - Rayman 2 added
- "Umber" - Rayman 2 (Orchestration) added

I've also included some helpful stuff on my arrangement list so people know the status of all of my sheets.

Ragster2448

Update
- "Umber" - Rayman 2 replaced with newer version

Ragster2448

*$*%^(# I screwed something up. >:(

Hang on, let me fix this...

EDIT: Fixed. Also:

Update
- "Pirate Battle #11" - Rayman 2 changed to "Ninja Pirate Battle" - Rayman 2 and replaced with newer version

Ragster2448

Ninja Pirate Battle orchestra added! My plan is to orchestrate most of the songs that I make. Hopefully I'll have the entire soundtrack orchestrated (which will take an awful long time)!

EDIT: ..... I forgot to save my changes before I uploaded. I'll re-upload it here soon.

EDIT 2: Fixed.

pumpy_heart

I looked at "Trainer Encounter." Good piece. Good job.
I would probably use B# and Cx in the chromatic run in the bass. Shows the motion of the line and what chord it's outlining.
I could see why you thought to use Eb and Fb in measure 3 and 6, but these are both diatonic and I would just use the D# and E already provided by the key. Shows the same movement in a more concise way.
Don't use two dotted notes next to each other in a duple meter piece (2/4, 4/4, 4/8 etc). It's far more clear and correct to use a dotted quarter, then eighth note tied to a quarter, then a quarter. You always want to clearly recognize the strong beats in the meter (in this case, 1 and 3). This problem also occurs in the treble of measure 2. The syncopation is notated incorrectly.
But good job. Keep it up!

Ragster2448

I'll have the newer version up here soon, but I have a question; should I use a glissando at the very beginning for the left hand? I used it and it sounded the same but looked better.

Ragster2448

The Pokemon Song will be uploaded here soon, I just all of a sudden got out of arranging. But, I needed to finish the request I took, so it would nice if someone could critique this song as soon as possible. It's the Mario Power Tennis song, Main Menu.

fingerz

Ragster2448

Thanks fingerz! The key signature really was weird for me to figure out, so I doubt it's right.

fingerz

Don't worry, I'll help you figure that one out. :)

Ragster2448

Everything that I've been working since my last update has been added! 5 new songs, which include:
Rayman 2 - Whale Bay, The Precipice, Spider Attack, and Foutch Battle
Mario Kart DS - Desert Hills

3 revised songs, which include:
Rayman 2 - Ninja Pirate Battle and Ninja Pirate Battle (Orchestrated)
Pokemon RBY Version - Trainer Encounter

And then there's Rayman 2 - Jano Battle, which I forgot to put on the list when I accidentally destroyed my list. :P It's been revised from it's original version as well.