News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Ragster2448's Arrangements (Rayman Sheet Music)

Started by Ragster2448, September 20, 2011, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster2448

Ragster2448's Arrangements

Updates
Mask of Polokus (Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Nintendo 64)) added.

Discovery (Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Nintendo 64)) added.
Puzzle Solved (Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Nintendo 64)) added.
Try Again! (Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Nintendo 64)) added.

Mask of Polokus (Orchestrated) (Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Nintendo 64)) added.

I ran across some sound effects of Rayman 2, and the short themes are consider to be sound effects and not music. So, I arranged all the short ones that I found. I'm still missing the King Teensie dance, which I'll look for here soon (there's like 200 sound effects to look through)

Projects
Rayman 2 Project - I'm going to arrange the entire soundtrack of Rayman 2: The Great Escape from Nintendo 64. I'm taking requests.
Level Themes = 9/20
Battle Themes = 1/13
Character Themes = 0/4
Other Themes = 5/22
Short Theme = 3/4

Piano Arrangements
Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Nintendo 64)
Level #1: The Woods of Light
MUS | Preview
Level #2: The Fairy Glade
MUS | Preview
Level #5: The Bayou
MUS | Preview
Level #7: The Sanctuary of Water and Ice
MUS | Preview
Level #8: The Menhir Hills
MUS | Preview
Level #9: The Canopy
MUS | Preview
Level #10: Whale Bay
MUS | Preview
Level #13: The Top of the World
MUS | Preview
Level #17: Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava
MUS | Preview

Ninja Pirate Battle
MUS | Preview

Entering the Pirate Ship
MUS | Preview
Mask of Polokus
MUS | Preview
Riding a Shell
MUS | Preview
Spider Attack
MUS | Preview
Umber
MUS | Preview

Discovery
MUS | Preview
Puzzle Solved
MUS | Preview
Try Again!
MUS | Preview

Rayman Advance (Gameboy Advance)
Title Screen
MUS | Preview

Orchestrated Arrangements
Mask of Polokus
MUS

dahans

I told you everything in the PM. Great work for your first arrangement. Keep going! And thanks for mentioning me :D!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Shadoninja

Pirate Battle

This is very good for a first arrangement but of course there are a few things that need to be fixed.

Measure 2, 4, 6, 8 - the Eb and D in the right hand should be an F and E natural respectively.

Measure 4 - is there supposed to be a rest at the end in the left hand?

Measure 9-24 - are those 8vb's supposed to be 8va's?

Measure 15-16, 23-24 - I'd put an 8va in the right hand at these measures. Having it on M15 and M23 may seem odd since they're not too high, but if you didn't then there would be a leap in eye movement between the measures.

there shouldn't be any dotted rests because it's a simple meter.

the copyright should be Ubisoft not Nintendo.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Ragster2448

Thanks for critiquing it! I'll get right on it.

Measure 4: I think so, but it might be just bad sound quality coming from the game that makes it sound like it skips or something.

Measure 9-24: I did try 8va, but I didn't like how they sounded, so I tried lowering the notes with 8vb and I thought that it made it sound better.

QuoteMeasure 15-16, 23-24 - I'd put an 8va in the right hand at these measures. Having it on M15 and M23 may seem odd since they're not too high, but if you didn't then there would be a leap in eye movement between the measures.

Wait, so you want me to make the pitch one octave higher in the middle of the build up? I don't know if I understand what you mean.

Update
- "Pirate Battle" - Rayman 2 replaced with newer version

Jub3r7

Quote from: Ragster2448 on September 20, 2011, 12:55:06 PMEven though I'm not the best at it, I'll still attempt to do it anyway!
jellllllleeeeeeeeeeeee.  :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ragster2448

Update
- "Pirate Battle" - Rayman 2 changed to "Pirate Battle #11" - Rayman 2

I've decided to name Pirate Battle "Pirate Battle #11" just in case if I decide to do the previous versions before it. The pirate battles are the best songs in the game, so I'll probably be doing most of them.

Ragster2448

Update
- "Trainer Encounter (Boy Version)" - Pokemon RBY Version added

dahans

Congrats! I told you everything via PM ;).

Keep on arranging!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Ragster2448

Update
- "Pirate Battle #8" - Rayman 2 added
- "Try Again" - Rayman 2 added

Ragster2448

Update
- "Riding a Shell" - Rayman 2 added
- "The Menhir Hills" - Rayman 2 added

Ragster2448

Update
- "The Prison Ship" - Rayman 2 added

pumpy_heart

I'm never really sure what you add when you update. So Ima listen to the first one and critique that one.
First off, neat little piece "Riding a Shell." Simplistic, but works.
The piece is in C minor, no doubt. When you spelled the interval Gb Cb in measure 17, you begin to hide this fact. If you respelled the interval F# B natural, this would make more sense. If one knows a C minor Harmonic scale, one would know the tone B natural is used instead of a Bb to establish C as the goal of the scale, resulting in C minor. This fact shouldn't be hidden by the Cb spelling and instead a B natural spelling should be used. This occurs at least three other times in the piece and should be fixed each time.
In measure 23, you spell the chromatic chord as Gb and Db. This loses part of the function of the chord. I know I just said don't hide the key, but this chord functions as a chromatic neighbor chord to the dominant of the key of C minor. Basically, it's alright to have this chord spell as F# and C# because it resolves toward the G and D and does not sound step wise like the current spelling suggests. And this occurs a few other times as well.
If I just rambled and you don't get anything, send me a pm. It's important to know how to do these things to correct these problems in the future by yourself. And then you don't need me rambling for forever on your topic! Hurray!

Ragster2448

Thanks for that! The newer version replaced the old one under the MUS link.

Also, I'll start putting in my update post what song I put on my arrangement list. Sorry about that, I guess I just got lazy.

Update
- "Riding a Shell" - Rayman 2 replaced with newer version

Ragster2448

Update
- "The Sanctuary of Water and Ice" - Rayman 2 added

I just know there's something wrong with the very last part of the right hand... The highest notes just don't sound right. I tried all the combinations I could think of to make it sound right, but... I don't know. It just doesn't sound right to me. :P

Ragster2448

Update
- "Boss Battle - Jano" - Rayman 2 added

I'm kind of proud of this one. I think I got it sounding pretty close to the original.