News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Erm... Is this guy stealing our music?

Started by Clanker37, September 23, 2011, 03:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Just playing devil's advocate, but, what exactly would we gain if we got his channel banned? If anything, it's just going to sadden those who have come to use his videos. Sure, they should have come to Ninsheetmusic all along, but still, it's really not profiting us in any way if we banned him, other than for revenge.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

pumpy_heart

If he doesn't modify his video descriptions within a reasonable time, I'll report him as well.
Plagiarizing music is wrong.

Shadoninja

All I'd want is for them to credit the arrangers. trolling them won't do any good and could hurt NSM's reputation (¨That place is filled with trolls, doesn't sound like a place I want to be on¨). I think if we calmly and rationally explain the situation to them we'd have a better chance.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

My favorite part of his descriptions is this: "You want the MIDI or SHEETMUSIC ? Subscribe and give the video a Like". Asshole, the MIDI and SHEETMUSIC is available here for free!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

I just realized in the big quote that pumpy put up...

the english... not so great and you have to think a bit to comprehend it...

Sipan's Revenge?

But still, if things don't change soon, these videos will have to be flagged.

SlowPokemon

Lol. Sipan is known to for sure have at least one YouTube account. He also addresses members by their full username rather than using an abbreviation.

Quote from: Bespinben on September 24, 2011, 09:33:55 AMJust playing devil's advocate, but, what exactly would we gain if we got his channel banned?

Recognition, as well as references to here. He's plagiarizing. By not citing sources where they are necessary, he gives the impression that the arrangements are by him. They're not, it could be your arrangement for all we know! xD I haven't looked at any yet. And especially the "subscribe and like for midi and sheet music" pisses me off.

EDIT: WTF that IS my Route 4 arrangement! Imma message him, I recognize it because I accidentally put an inaccurate note in the arrangement. Here is the video, the wrong notes are at 0:35. That thieving son of a bitch.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GaryOak

Those One Piece themes are all from Josh's anime sheet music collection.

I doubt it's sipan, though.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

SlowPokemon

I sent him a polite message. His response:

Hi. I have an idea. I post in my channel, that most of the Pokemon midi's are from ninsheetmusic.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 24, 2011, 01:01:57 PMI sent him a polite message. His response:

Hi. I have an idea. I post in my channel, that most of the Pokemon midi's are from ninsheetmusic.

that's a step in the right direction.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

Winter

Quote from: Bespinben on September 24, 2011, 09:33:55 AMJust playing devil's advocate, but, what exactly would we gain if we got his channel banned? If anything, it's just going to sadden those who have come to use his videos. Sure, they should have come to Ninsheetmusic all along, but still, it's really not profiting us in any way if we banned him, other than for revenge.

He blatantly said that he will /not/ credit the arrangers or ninsheetmusic. Why, you ask (OH BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY STOLEN TOO MUCH)

All he needs to do is edit the video description with a link to ninsheetm.us

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 24, 2011, 12:21:22 PMEDIT: WTF that IS my Route 4 arrangement! Imma message him, I recognize it because I accidentally put an inaccurate note in the arrangement. Here is the video, the wrong notes are at 0:35. That thieving son of a bitch.

I liked your arrangement of route four...HE MUST BE STOPPED‼
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ruto

Just dislike the video, spamming the wall with anything more than "Who is the arranger since I don't see a name anywhere in your videos? I would love to see more of his/her work." could sound offensive to random strangers.

Quote from: Bespinben on September 24, 2011, 09:33:55 AMJust playing devil's advocate, but, what exactly would we gain if we got his channel banned? If anything, it's just going to sadden those who have come to use his videos. Sure, they should have come to Ninsheetmusic all along, but still, it's really not profiting us in any way if we banned him, other than for revenge.

Okay, I think it would be funny to host similar videos on NSM's youtube channel if there is one. If that's what people want to see anyway...the hard part's done already, which is actually having to arrange.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Winter

I have a different pan in mind regarding showing our arrangements through youtube.

Also, after talking to this guy, I believe I have got him to fix the problem. We'll see.

triforced1