News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 19, 2011, 06:52:15 PMI can quality check! I might have time to fix some sheets, too!
welcome to the team!

Quote from: Sekter77 on October 19, 2011, 08:01:50 PMYeah, I've got some quality control notes/commentary on most of the pieces up through Prime. If you guys want to look at them I'll upload them. I can also take a listen at the rest of the songs and figure out what needs fixed on those.

As far as the songs I said I'd take, I'll get around to them.
that'd be lovely, thanks!

Quote from: Dude on October 22, 2011, 03:36:36 PMI'll be an arranger if you need me.
welcome to the team!

Quote from: spitllama on October 22, 2011, 11:09:24 PMWhat is there to help with? I could do something ::)

take a peruse through the list for any marked available. once you pick a sheet or a few sheets look at it and identify any problems(such as incorrect notes, rhythms, formatting, etc.). the song is linked so you can compare the sheet to the original.

after that, if you so choose, you may arrange it and make the necessary corrections. if you feel you cannot arrange it, then feel free to post your evaluation of the sheet here so that an arranger may make the necessary corrections.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

pumpy_heart

I'll arrange and check the sheets. Just tell me exactly which ones to do.

Shadoninja

Quote from: pumpy_heart on October 23, 2011, 10:23:52 AMI'll arrange and check the sheets. Just tell me exactly which ones to do.
here take a look at these and see if there's anything that needs fixing and if there's anything that needs fixing please fix it. thank you :)

http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheetmusic.php?series=Metroid

Metroid Prime 2
Composer(s): Kenji Yamamoto
Copyright: Retro Studios, Nintendo © 2004

Hydro Dynamo
Sanctuary Fortress
Theme of U-mos
Torvus Bog

fingerz

Hi guys! I've finished these two songs, but I have some questions about them. :)

Metroid Fusion:
Final Mission - I've edited quite a lot in this song to make it sound like the original, so is it fair so give myself some credit for this song by adding that it was modified by Joel Hands-Otte under the arranger's name?

Metroid Prime:
Artifact Acquisition Fanfare - Thisactual name is the for Artifact. I don't mean to be rude, but this arrangement was quite off. I completely changed the melodic line and added in the correct bass, which came to 4 bars, not 3. Technically, I've rewritten this piece and arranged it myself, so should I still keep it under Jimbabwe's name, add that I modified it or change it to being completely arranged by me?
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jub3r7

I'd like to help with quality checking and convert PDF's.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

Alright, I'll ignore my loss of sunglasses because I get Purple text :)

fingerz

Hahaha! I guess my 3 titles makes up for your purpleness. :P
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Winter

Looks to me like we both have 3 titles.

fingerz

...Okay then, The Strongest. :P

Hey Winter, could you take a look at my questions above. What do you think I should do with the arranger/modifier problems?

Winter

You can add your name on the first one, and you can Change the name on the second sheet to your name.

Also, it was a Cirno Joke. :/

WiiMan96

I'll be happy to arrange and do some QA. Might start off by claiming all mine that are on the site (some of them are god awful) but I think a fresh set of eyes would be appropriate for assessing them. So if anyone would be kind enough to send me some comments on my sheets I'll try my best to rearrange them asap. :)

Nice system you got going here btw.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 23, 2011, 03:30:50 PMI'd like to help with quality checking and convert PDF's.
`

Super Metroid
Composer(s): Kenji Yamamoto, Minako Hamano
Copyright: Nintendo � 1994

Credits
Sandy Maridia

Quote from: spitllama on October 23, 2011, 04:49:23 PM^this

Super Metroid
Composer(s): Kenji Yamamoto, Minako Hamano
Copyright: Nintendo � 1994

Ridley
Rocky Maridia

Quote from: fingerz on October 23, 2011, 02:14:18 PMHi guys! I've finished these two songs, but I have some questions about them. :)

Metroid Fusion:
Final Mission - I've edited quite a lot in this song to make it sound like the original, so is it fair so give myself some credit for this song by adding that it was modified by Joel Hands-Otte under the arranger's name?

Metroid Prime:
Artifact Acquisition Fanfare - Thisactual name is the for Artifact. I don't mean to be rude, but this arrangement was quite off. I completely changed the melodic line and added in the correct bass, which came to 4 bars, not 3. Technically, I've rewritten this piece and arranged it myself, so should I still keep it under Jimbabwe's name, add that I modified it or change it to being completely arranged by me?
Quote from: Winter on October 23, 2011, 10:29:34 PMYou can add your name on the first one, and you can Change the name on the second sheet to your name.
what he said.

Quote from: WiiMan96 on October 23, 2011, 11:34:05 PMI'll be happy to arrange and do some QA. Might start off by claiming all mine that are on the site (some of them are god awful) but I think a fresh set of eyes would be appropriate for assessing them. So if anyone would be kind enough to send me some comments on my sheets I'll try my best to rearrange them asap. :)

Nice system you got going here btw.
welcome to the team!

yes fresh eyes are best because arrangers have a bias in songs they've worked on and thus neutral views provide the best feedback.

thank you.

Quote from: pumpy_heart on October 23, 2011, 10:23:52 AMI'll arrange and check the sheets. Just tell me exactly which ones to do.
I fear I may have assigned too many sheets to you at once. unless you want to, you can just look through 2 of them and i'll assign the other 2 to someone else.

pumpy_heart

I can tell you they all need work. Sometimes, measures are missing. Repeats and 1st and 2nd endings would work wonders on the pieces that generally repeat the same material the entire song. Parts are wrong too.
It'll take a lot to go through all 4. So yeah, if someone else wants to take 2, that's fine by me.

Sekter77

Here's my commentary on some of the Metroid sheets.

If I get time, I might look over a few more sheets, especially if you guys find these notes helpful. I tried to keep them succinct, but that may have cost detail, so if I need to clarify anything, let me know.
Guitar and video games.