GoronsOrchestrated's Arrangements - New MM Great Bay Temple

Started by GoronsOrchestrated, November 29, 2011, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoronsOrchestrated

So ive created sheets for Ballad of the Goddess from Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. Here it is:
So ive modified this post so now it contains all of my posts so you guys dont have to sort through this whole entire thread to find what you looking for.

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Ballad of the Goddess" - Mus Midi

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Ballad of the Goddess Duet" - Mus Midi

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Crimson Loftwing" - Mus Midi

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "Gerudo Valley" - REPLACEMENT - Mus Midi

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Knights Academy" - Mus Midi

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "Volviga Battle" - Mus Midi

[XBOX+PS3+PC] Portal 2 - "Reconstructing Science (Trailer Theme)" - Mus Midi

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Buoy Base Galaxy" - REPLACEMENT - Mus Midi

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Freezeflame Galaxy (Ice Area)" - Mus Midi

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Farore's Silent Realm" - Mus Midi

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "The Groosenator" -  Mus Midi

[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Final Battle" - Mus Midi

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Lanayru Sand Sea" - Mus Midi

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - "Great Bay Temple" - Mus Midi
Quote from: DrP on December 18, 2011, 02:25:37 PM
I didn't know he or those arrangements existed.

... ಠ_ಠ

GoronsOrchestrated

Sorry Guys, i made a key mistake in the mus (composers name!!) but ive fixed it.. here is the finished mus link

... ಠ_ಠ

Winter

Bespinben

This is an excellent transcription, showing you have a good ear. However, you need to rework this into an arrangement with playability and clarity in mind, as there many places in which the layers overlapped with eachother very messily on the sheet and also many places in which the right hand was asked to play an interval of a 15th (2 octaves), which is simply impossible.

Don't get me wrong, you captured the song very well and sounds great, but the sheet needs some serious revision. Glad to welcome you into the NSM family!

EDIT: As a suggestion, you should use Dropbox instead of Mediafire. It's way better. (1.) You don't need to post links to revised scores, because dropbox automatically updates the file link, and; (2.) you get access to direct linking.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Quote from: Bespinben on November 29, 2011, 07:54:46 PMThis is an excellent transcription, showing you have a good ear. However, you need to rework this into an arrangement...
We've had a talk about this somewhere, haven't we? :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on November 29, 2011, 08:59:50 PMWe've had a talk about this somewhere, haven't we? :P

Are you referring to my arrangement of "Tiny Woods"? I thought I fixed that already... (got rid of the strenuous octave jumping in the left hand)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

I don't want to spam up the "fixing the sheets thread", so I'll post my comments about your gerudo valley here.

-The title of this piece is "Gerudo Valley", not "Gerudo Fortress"(as seen in the official soundtrack)
-The 1st measure does not sound right-Too many wrong notes
-I think someone already mentioned that your missing the url, tempo marking, a ["], and "composition" is misspelled.
-Measures 8-11 dont need 8va
-The rhythm at 8 (and throught the piece) is written incorrectly:

-the 32nd note "trill" thing that starts at 12 is unnecessary-Remove it.
-The rhythm that starts at measure 16 is written incorrectly, look:

See how your able to see all four beats of the measure this way? much easier to read. Anywhere you have this rhythm you must apply this.
-At times You have multiple 8va's that collide-Fix it.
-Measures 16-23 don't even need an 8va.
-Measures 12, 22, and 23 are wrong-

Compare.
-The whole piece has two double bars in it, and both are in useless places
-Measures 24-29, and 32-43 have incorrect rhythm notation, see my 7th comment.
-I'm not totally sure about your choice of octaves throught the piece. I'd give that a good look through if I were you.
-I'd try to incorporate the bass line into the left hand, say have it play on beats 1 and 3, or 2 and 4. (if possible all 4 beats). Its quite a driving force to have a syncopated rhthm fight a simple bass line like this.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

GoronsOrchestrated

... ಠ_ಠ

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

GoronsOrchestrated

... ಠ_ಠ

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

GoronsOrchestrated

Ive simplefyed my Ballad of the Goddess sheets, I belive the largest chord is a 14th, so im hoping it'll be alot better this time...
 Mus Midi. Also, since i just couldn't let go of the epicness of the immpossible original i made it into a duet.Mus Midi. I hope this time they fit the discription of an arrangement instead of a trascription this time. ;)

... ಠ_ಠ

Winter

GoronsOrchestrated

Ive made sheets for 'Reconstructing Science' the trailer theme for Portal 2. I hope there are minimal problems with these sheets unlike the rest so far... mus midi. (The Cake was a lie  8)...)

... ಠ_ಠ