The Official Legend of Zelda Timeline

Started by pumpy_heart, December 22, 2011, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

So it's out there now. Check it out here.

Or I could copy and paste.

Main Timeline
1. Skyward Sword
2. The Minish Cap
3. Four Swords
4. Ocarina of Time

Split 1: Link defeats Ganon - childhood branch
1. Majora's Mask
2. Twilight Princess
3. Four Swords Adventures

Split 2: Link defeats Ganon - adult branch
1. The Wind Waker
2. Phantom Hourglass
3. Spirit Tracks

Split 3: Link fails in Ocarina Of Time
1. A Link to the Past
2. Oracles of Seasons and Ages
3. Link's Awakening
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. Zelda II

What do you think? I think there's an awful lot riding on Link failing in Ocarina of Time.. One of my friends jokingly said "What if you lost to Ganon and it asks you whether to continue or not, you say no, then it starts saving?" That's how you'd get the third timeline. 

Dudeman

I've seen this timeline about ten times in the past two days. :P
Great. Now I want Nintendo of America to translate and release the Hyrule Historia that was released in Japan.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

pumpy_heart

Yeah, I've analyzed it quite a bit too. I want the release as well. Would just be a neat thing to have. And to have all the lore explained..

I wonder if future games will try to fit into the timeline clearly or just be as innovative as they want to.

Dudeman

After ten more games, they'll probably add a fourth branch off of OoT for if Link dies before getting the first sacred stone. Man, that would mess a lot of stuff up.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

pumpy_heart

It'd be Alttp starting in the dark world! Imagine a Zelda game that you started Dark as a character and turned towards Light.. Never will happen.

KefkaticFanatic

The only thing people didn't expect was that there was a third branch, but it makes sense.  Ganon goes to the sacred realm for the triforce, but is trapped there and makes it all evil and such.  You have to note though that by the adult link timeline they mean after Link defeats Ganon and is sent back to his own time, there is now a separate timeline in the future after Link is sent back, and therefore not existing in that timeline any longer.

Of course there are going to be plot holes everywhere, but that's because nobody ever deals with time travel properly.

me irl
[close]

pumpy_heart

One translation I read even said Link defeated Ganon as an adult and didn't go back in time.. If that holds to be true..

KefkaticFanatic

No, the Wind Waker timeline needs Link to no longer exist so Ganon is able to break free and take over then causing the flood

me irl
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: pumpy_heart on December 22, 2011, 03:55:03 PMIt'd be Alttp starting in the dark world! Imagine a Zelda game that you started Dark as a character and turned towards Light.. Never will happen.
Oh, man! I just remembered that a couple years ago I saw a picture of the box art for a fake Legend of Zelda game that revolved around Link being both dark and light! That would be an awesome game!
Kinda reminds me of Sonic the Werehog...

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Olimar12345

...Isn't that the same as the one on the first post?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

pumpy_heart

They add a little bit more information. Not enough though. I hope the book truly really goes into more detail.

GoronsOrchestrated

So one of the older games falls at the end of the timeline?
Interesting...
Quote from: DrP on December 18, 2011, 02:25:37 PM
I didn't know he or those arrangements existed.

... ಠ_ಠ

Olimar12345

...most of the older games are at the end of the timeline...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

What I've never understood is how killing Ganon doesn't count as killing Ganondorf. Are they not the same entity despite different appearances?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012