News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Dusk's Arrangements - Jul. 28th - Pokémon BW "Abyssal Ruins"

Started by Dusk, April 26, 2012, 07:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayor Duffy

You don't have to ! the styles of the song are up to the arranger
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be..

Dusk

I can understand all things without measure 48 and 54, those are definitely 8ths (like the chords in the left hand in the second piano).

Quote from: Mayor Duffy on August 02, 2012, 11:07:10 AMMeasure 47 that rhythm should really be dotted 8th 16th if you listen to the soundtrack that's what it is.
Can you explain it more precisely, please?

Quote from: Mayor Duffy on August 02, 2012, 11:07:10 AMIn the left hand of the second piano, I'm not really hearing the low Ds, in my opinion they should be eighth rests.
The other parts are too loud. In measures 34 till 41 and 46, I hear the low Ds.
Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2015, 12:08:51 AMOfficial seal of approval
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Mayor Duffy

Measure 47, what you have is right, so my bad. there is a part on the sound track at measure 47 that you don't have, its played on a string instrument and it has a rhythm like dotted 8th, 16th, dotted 8th, 16th, etc.
QuoteThe other parts are too loud. In measures 34 till 41 and 46, I hear the low Ds.
I should have said towards the end because the Ds fade out around measure 60.
Good job otherwise!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be..

Dusk

(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

SlowPokemon

Excellent. You might want to specify that it's for two pianos--and you need a MUS file if you want to submit it to the site.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Great job - love it.
Though I think it would've been better to write it in 12/8, but who cares.
Also, at measure#20 you lost me - I think you might've skipped some melody.
Measure#60-66: I know you are using PriMus, so I'm not sure if you can use layers, but.. yeah, you should use layers :)
Some of the chords were wrong - If I get the time, I'll come back to you and tell you which are wrong and what they should be how to fix them. :)
Birdo for Smash

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 05, 2012, 11:39:27 AMExcellent. You might want to specify that it's for two pianos--and you need a MUS file if you want to submit it to the site.
Bespinben helps him out with MUS files, I believe.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Dusk

Quote from: Jompa on August 05, 2012, 11:41:12 AMMeasure#60-66: I know you are using PriMus, so I'm not sure if you can use layers, but.. yeah, you should use layers :)
I believe its possible but its a little bit laborious. And if I think about playing with your version on piano.. :o
Using more layers makes it confusing.

The next thing are the cords:

In almost all parts, the melody is so loud that I not anymore hear the chords the strings are playing.
With a lot of concentration, I hear one... no more than two notes, but this are not the tones, I need, to know that this are four-digit or five-digit cords. (don't know whether this is the right word for chords like Em7 or Cmaj7)
An other thing is: If I arrange a song, I would cut out layers, witch aren't for someone, who plays the game, where the music is from, audible

Quote from: Jompa on August 05, 2012, 11:41:12 AMAlso, at measure#20 you lost me - I think you might've skipped some melody.
Do you mean the trill?
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Dusk

Oh, you're right. But there is a trill played by an other instrument.
I fixed that.
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Jompa

Quote from: Dusk on August 06, 2012, 07:30:14 AMOh, you're right. But there is a trill played by an other instrument.
I fixed that.
Sorry man, I disagree. I just hear strings holding an F while the organ is playing A - F - Bb - D.
Birdo for Smash

Dusk

I've been listening again.
Your almost right. But it isn't only a F holding by strings. I hear a Fis too and I hear a F major cord.
-> F9- :D
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Jompa

Quote from: Dusk on August 06, 2012, 10:50:40 AMI've been listening again.
Your almost right. But it isn't only a F holding by strings. I hear a Fis too and I hear a F major cord.
-> F9- :D
Sure :) But I was mainly talking about the organ playing the melody ...which you've fixed.
GReat work!
Birdo for Smash

Dusk

(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015