News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

GTA IV: best game ever?

Started by razer84, April 26, 2008, 07:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razer84

IGN's review.

a 10/10. best game since OoT.

this is yet another reason why i'm going to get a 360/PS3 this summer.

thoughts?

damn commies.

Beethoven II

What? Another game of shooting people and bcoming a dangerous criminal?  !0/10? Bunch of crap.

Harvest

Quote from: Beethoven II on April 26, 2008, 09:59:51 AMWhat? Another game of shooting people and bcoming a dangerous criminal?  !0/10? Bunch of crap.

You are a total idiot.

This game probably is the best game ever made, but I will judge that for myself when I buy it. 
-

Beethoven II

That's my thought, razer said to exchange thoughts, not insults.  You could buy it if you want, i really don't care, you don't need to call me an idiot though.

razer84

yes Beethoven is entitled to his opinion, so don't hate.

i personally find nothing wrong with being evil in a video game, because i'm a good person in real life. and i can distinguish between reality and video games, so i won't go on a rampage just to reenact what i did in the video game.

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Beethoven II on April 26, 2008, 09:59:51 AMWhat? Another game of shooting people and bcoming a dangerous criminal?  !0/10? Bunch of crap.

Actually, that is being an idiot.  The game could be amazing, and you would love it if it didn't have the whole prostitute killing homicidal crazy guy aspect to it.

I'll never buy that game or like it because of that, but that doesn't mean I can run around saying the game sucks.  Thats just stupid and naive.

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

It's great because you can do all things you're not allowed to in real life, and it's available for millions of people.

But a 10/10? Not a chance. There is a deal between IGN and R*, and don't deny it.

razer84

yeah, IGN is corrupt, but i think they mean this one. and i'm not saying it deserves a 10, but i think it might be a great game.

damn commies.

Harvest

I wasn't expecting 10/10 but we'll see the other reviews first.
-

Gu4n

There exist this thing as a embargo, which will continue until Tuesday for anyone, even press. IGN, however, was able to play the game thoroughly so they must have had a deal with R*.

KefkaticFanatic

IGN giving any game a 10 now is just them making a deal with the company.  There have been no games worthy of a 10/10 recently.  A 5/5 may be the exact same in some views, but it actually seems a little different.  I'm assuming X-Play will give it this rating, but meh.  They have a really good system where they define each of the numbers.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

There are also all these new reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/grandtheftauto4

Lowest score is 95, next lowest is 98.
-

KefkaticFanatic

Users:

8.1 out of 10

^^^ Probably 300% more accurate, minus the fanboys.

me irl
[close]

Mike

Never liked the GTA games. Way too repetitive. The only fun I get out of it is putting on God mode, all weapons and getting a save game that has everything unlocked and cause havok in the city and race around trying to do huge stunts. Then I get bored after an hour and never play again. I tried the missions and never liked them. Saying this game is the best game since OoT is like saying all FPS games are amazing, even though they're all the same.

Super Zombie

Well I wasn't going to play this game because I haven't really played any of the others and didn't look like a game I would want but IGN gave the first 10/10 to a console game since Soul Caliber to it so I have to rent it.