News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Uraziel's Arrangements

Started by Uraziel, August 24, 2012, 05:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

It sounds good, but a few measures near the middle of the song (before it repeats) are iffy. Other than that, its a great first arrangement

Uraziel

Thanks! I'll take a look   :D

Jompa

About time signature:
I feel 3/4 all the way, so I don't think there's any need for 4/4 and 5/4 here and there, just 3/4. (?)
:)
Birdo for Smash

Uraziel

thinking about this now, that makes a lot more sense

Uraziel

Bubbles

Thats a link to the Normal Battle, but its still good

Bespinben

When you want to share a file using Dropbox, go to your Dropbox folder, go to Public, right-click it the file, hover over Dropbox, and select "Copy Public Link". Then, paste that link here on the forums. That way, we can DIRECTLY and INSTANTLY access the file without having to go to the site.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Uraziel

JDMEK5

That link still takes me to dropbox.com. When done right, the link should have the file extension on the end.
For example, a link for an midi would have ".mid" on the end. Mus would have ".mus" on the end.

Instead of going to dropbox.com at all, just hit the little dropbox icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen, (hotbar, I believe it's called, (I can't remember)), and click "Open Dropbox folder". Then, go to the "Public" folder, right click the file you want, go to the "dropbox" list, and hit "copy public link". Then paste that as your link.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

How to Dropbox (Like a Boss)

Place your file(s) into the public folder.

Right click on your file and navigate to "Dropbox -> Copy public link"

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/File.txt
Paste the link to your thread.

Walk away.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Shadoninja

Quote from: Uraziel on August 28, 2012, 03:01:23 PMLike this?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/100336193/Music/Agate%20Village/Agate%20Village.mid

Yes just like that. Though it looks like you've put it in a folder with the name of the song, which I find excessive and unnecessary.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Uraziel

i have 4 different files for each song, so that's why, just for organization... now for the feedback?
heres the .mus:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/100336193/Music/Agate%20Village/Agate%20Village.mus

Bespinben

Key - Give it one. Notice the importance of the note G in this song, and how pretty much the only accidental you ever encounter in this song is F#. These two things give strong evidence towards what key signature should be applied to this song. Also, there are a few Bb's somewhere that you need to spell out as A#.

Time signature/Rhythms - It's wrong. Are you familiar with the concept of compound time signatures, or perhaps "swing"? Both can be used here, though for this type of song, swing is more appropriate. Feel the beat, notice how you can count "1-&-e, 2-&-e, 3-&-e, 4-&-e", or in other words, 3 subdivisions inside each beat? 4/4 time is designed for 2 subdivisions per beat, 4 beats total, where as 12/8 time is designed for 3 subdivisions per beat, 4 beats total (because with 12/8, a dotted quarter note is 1 beat, so 3/8 x 4 = 12/8).
Cutting to the chase, you need to write this song out with swung triplets, which means starting from scratch.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday