News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Pokemon Colosseum)

Started by Bubbles, August 25, 2012, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Ok. Agate Village Normal battle have already been arranged, but yours are different since theyre more than just piano. Since Shado is doing the Cipher Admin battle, all I need to convert is the Friendly Battle theme. When you're editing the mistakes, also change them to follow the format found here

K-NiGhT

You know, we could make the official thread switch to Pokemon Colosseum, if you would like. I can remake the front post. We shouldn't have a whole bunch of Arrangement Project threads.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bubbles

Meaning that you're willing to oficially stop the Dragonquest one?

Uraziel

i have no idea what that means, but yes, i will fix the formatting... sorry about that.

Uraziel

Bubbles

Oh my god. I almost dont want to make that piano it sounds like the original

Uraziel

hahaha, thanks a lot xD, I had a lot more knowledge of this then and I am now just getting back into it. I just fixed the format on relic forest as well... agate village needs editing on the notes and the cipher team im just going to send to shado and let that disaster be his problem :) I will go deal with the friendly battle now

DonValentino

Quote from: WarioMan98 on August 25, 2012, 04:10:07 AMIf we're going to start a new project, I think a poll with various options would be nice.

Bubbles

Thats why Im hesitant to move it to the stickied one. This isnt supposed to be a huge community project, its just a small group of people who want to finish a soundtrack that has been neglected

Uraziel

I personally believe that at least for now, it is far enough up on the page that if people care, they will take a look. Wow, now only three things left ive said im going to do... oh well, time to get to work!

Bespinben

Quote from: Uraziel on August 25, 2012, 01:29:38 PMI have now finished the Normal battle theme, take a look
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/orc5gw8736q0c27/cMVt0v4T6z/Normal%20Battle

The MIDI of this song on Vgmusic sounds alot like your arrangement, particularly the ending. The way the percussion is written out messily with 1 layer further suggests MIDI importation.

I can understand using a MIDI for reference if you're making a piano arrangement, but what is the point of importing an orchestral MIDI into Finale and calling it your arrangement?

(...if you didn't do any of this, I apologize for coming across harshly, but the evidence seems to indicate my assertion)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Uraziel

I did use the VG as reference (the ending and percussion mainly), however i can assure you that the rest of it is mine, I couldn't hear some of the chord structure from mp3's so I took a look at some other versions and settled on that one to base it off of, making the changes necessary to fix it, as well as editing in my own touch. I'm not the best arranger, I am much better at editing as I tend to find mistakes. As I am doing with the Agate Forest right now. I am right before when the strings come in, some of my own, some from already written midis, trying to come out with the best possible result.

Bespinben

Ah, ok then. That's understandable. It's just, when you're on a site dedicated to making piano transcriptions of Nintendo music, I can't help but raise an eyebrow at something like this, considering it won't ever go onto the main site. To me, it'd just feel like wasted time.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Uraziel

Thats where bubbles comes in, other than all of the other help they are providing to this, they are going to translate what I have written to the piano. I would do all of this myself, but I am a violist and I rarely write for piano because it doesnt turn out as good. again referencing agate village. I am using the original intruments...ish (substituting harmonica for violin) and then borrowing the percussion idea from the VG track, the rest will be mine. I am just at the midpoint.

Uraziel

Never mind, now taking out percussion because it is refusing to work  >:( Sorry its taking so long, its acting funny and i basically wrote it and then had to re write it due to a system error so I am almost back to the middle.